Nintendo Direct: E3 2021 - June 15th @ 9am PT

14 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Alright, that post is finally convincing evidence. Especially how the timeshift stones have the same shape and slant as the pillars--and, I'll add, the same visual design of the looped circles connected by lines.

Though I'm still not convinced the floating islands are zipping in and out of time. It's super bizarre that they aren't visible when Link glides down and sees the Talus fort, but perhaps it's simply because the expedition under Hyrule Castle isn't the opening scene of the game. Maybe you have some adventuring to do beforehand, to establish the status quo and teach basic skills before things get crazy. Like BOTW1's plateau, except here it takes place around Hyrule Field.

For all I know I could be chasing a red herring.  I see that initial shot in the trailer that is so reminiscent of Skyward Sword and so now I'm searching for connections based on that game and I could be completely off base!  But I still wanna tug on this thread and see what unravels, lol!  I do agree about the islands likely not zipping in and out of time as I personally haven't seen enough to go that route either.  But I definitely agree with some theories that there may be some time shenanigans going on in this one.

6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@Kezay: Yes, I haven't seen this enthusiasm in research from you in a while, at least for Zelda I mean.

To me it think you theory is a stretch at least with the pillars around Hyrule castle in BotW have some time manipulation and that has nothing to do that I don't remember the pillars when red to blue at the end of them. Yes, non corrupted sheikah tech is blue and orange, as I said I just don't remember the pillars doing that in the end. I'll take your word they do because it is sheikah tech but what take me out of the theory is the symbolism of the pillars and timestones, along with the colors don't match to me. So I can't get behind that.

That's not to say if those all did this would make more sense but I get where you are going to come that conclusion, cool or not. This is a cool theory with not a lot to connect it fully for me.

Now, this theory isn't fully vetted either and it took some time for me to accept it as recently, that and I don't think I can full explain it as it still in some sense still don't make that much sense to me. The Zonai, have you heard of them? To make it simple the barbarian gear you find in BotW, they are the Zonai, they live in Faron wood. You know the fishing village of BotW, Lurelin.

I'm sure you seen this symbol all over the Faron region:

Doesn't this look similar to this?

As established in TP, Faron woods is where the Kokiri lived and now we have the first above symbol showing up in BotW Faron woods? Coincidence, I think not.

As I said I can't really explain it all to well because it still does not make much sense with this part. The barbarian gear as I mentioned were a warring tribe, where the hell does magic comes from with this?

This is what they want to connect it with the green arm in the initial BotW 2 trailer on dehydrated Ganondorf and remember the same turquoise looking swirls near the start of that trailer and the swirl symbol everywhere in the Faron wood in BotW....boom. Did I get you? But as I said the whole magic of Twili and Zonai warring just doesn't not gel with me but I think the Zonai have something to do with Link's arm and somehow time manipulation, we just don't know what that connect is so far...

In the game's ending you can see the coloration on the pillars change to blue both when they show the castle at a distance and when Champions are standing on top of the castle overlooking the land one last time.  But that's fair, still needs more to really nail it in as it could all just be coincidence since all we know for sure is that the pillars housed Guardians.

As for the Zonai tribe, I never heard much talk about them til after I beat the game and even then I didn't get know too much about them during my time with the game until I got the Creating a Champion book which talked a bit more about them.  Still, that's a really good connection as well and I do wonder what that fractured stone disk is all about.

8 minutes ago, Kezay said:

In the game's ending you can see the coloration on the pillars change to blue both when they show the castle at a distance and when Champions are standing on top of the castle overlooking the land one last time.  But that's fair, still needs more to really nail it in as it could all just be coincidence since all we know for sure is that the pillars housed Guardians.

As for the Zonai tribe, I never heard much talk about them til after I beat the game and even then I didn't get know too much about them during my time with the game until I got the Creating a Champion book which talked a bit more about them.  Still, that's a really good connection as well and I do wonder what that fractured stone disk is all about.

Thanks. As I said this is not a theory I came up nor fully agree on.

As I said, I have my own theories that a few YT I subscribe to finally thinking what I have with massive back in time shenanigans. Like the above in my head it is messy right now, even messier than the above. I need to sort that stuff my head out before I make a thread on it in a few days because I think we'll be close to closing the possible mystery of islands in the sky but no island in the sky on the ground.

It will be worth the wait, once I sort out what I am trying unravel thanks to that trailer and what other also see, so of course I'll be using them to help sort out this mystery.

Edited by DLurkster

Re: Hair

Still think it's either:

-Gear related (his hair style changes in BotW with gear, how is this different?)

-Time related (a small detail to show progression, though really should it affect the manipulator?)
-It's Zelda (doubtful). But remember in the first teaser trailer, Zelda had much shorter hair, and all of these "long hair" shots are in motion...

Re: Floating Islands

Been thinking about this one. Honestly, I think maybe they've just ALWAYS been there. In Skyward Sword, ONLY one piece descends to earth. The rest stay up there. Twilight Princess even has sky areas. Minish Cap has Wind Temple. So, in canon timelines, Hyrules have had floating islands and never been shown. Also, the height Link is shown jumping in this trailer (similar to SS), that's a big enough distance that's easily feasible these islands are at a great height that they wouldn't necessarily be visible from ground.

Re: Weapons

I'm still super fucking glad they're there. I mean, it ain't Zelda without running around with a sword

Re: TimeStones

I barked up a similar tree before regarding the Tower of the Gods (WW) being made by Twili. As well as people thinking the Twili were responsible for the creation of Majora's Mask. Symbols are sometimes just as simple as design choices. That being said, the Time Stones are also what powered a lot of that 'advanced tech' in Skyward Sword... so it could be link to the power source of the Guardians. Perhaps the Sheikah are responsible for the Lanayru Desert tech pre-SS events?

Figured this might be the best spot....

Last time there was a sell out of a high demand PO item....  did anyone try to do midnight-3am windows for a respective store's website to do buyonline pick up instore of basically... "the extras"?  I've heard of that happening with like restocks of PS5s in some places but....

Contemplating on SSHD amiibo + jcs and then Metroid amiibos....  My guess is the two best options are GS and BBY.....  not sure on Target and Wal Mart....

4 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Figured this might be the best spot....

Last time there was a sell out of a high demand PO item....  did anyone try to do midnight-3am windows for a respective store's website to do buyonline pick up instore of basically... "the extras"?  I've heard of that happening with like restocks of PS5s in some places but....

Contemplating on SSHD amiibo + jcs and then Metroid amiibos....  My guess is the two best options are GS and BBY.....  not sure on Target and Wal Mart....

That sounds too good to be true and little confusing to follow but I think I get what you are saying.

Basically it just sounds like if you have friends who works inventory of that retail store, they'll tell you how much they are getting based on that and your availability PO or buy on the spot. You get any extras that are left over.

Even if one didn't have inside information, that is near slim to happen or is possible. Yeah, I get asked before the pandemic, if I PO the game. Most time I say no and just buy, as there's a inventory of who PO'd a certain item versus those who are lucky enough to buy without one and that's a first come, first serve for that sort of thing.

Your stuck, like most folks to get lucky ask in store to PO and pick up or PO online and pick up, like the rest of us.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

That sounds too good to be true and little confusing to follow but I think I get what you are saying.

Basically it just sounds like if you have friends who works inventory of that retail store, they'll tell you how much they are getting based on that and your availability PO or buy on the spot. You get any extras that are left over.

Even if one didn't have inside information, that is near slim to happen or is possible. Yeah, I get asked before the pandemic, if I PO the game. Most time I say no and just buy, as there's a inventory of who PO'd a certain item versus those who are lucky enough to buy without one and that's a first come, first serve for that sort of thing.

Your stuck, like most folks to get lucky ask in store to PO and pick up or PO online and pick up, like the rest of us.

Well, more like "RELEASE DAY" they get stock over PO allotments so your buy online pick up instore inventory shows "that day" and that is what you are buying out of...  heard the stock hits can show up anywhere from 12am-5am EST... all depending...  some say 3am to offset for the PT 12am.....  I've never tried it so...

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well, more like "RELEASE DAY" they get stock over PO allotments so your buy online pick up instore inventory shows "that day" and that is what you are buying out of...  heard the stock hits can show up anywhere from 12am-5am EST... all depending...  some say 3am to offset for the PT 12am.....  I've never tried it so...

Okay, this just sounds like as well, that if after 48hrs after game release day. It is free grab for anyone to get, most by coming in and buying. I would be weird to have a hold or PO something that recently PO something before.

You be surprise how the above happened, it happened a while back I think with Piranha Plant amiib, day of I went to a few EBGames to see if I can buy day of and they said they have a few that ppl have picked up. There suppose to wait but I feel it is dependent on the manager and how they know certain product sells at their store. Like this one knew the hype of amiibo back in the day but knew that day with me, if there's someone here who wants and can pay in full, why not, huh?

Never heard of this sort of last minute stock allotment. What is the point to do that to the employee side much less the customer. It is important to know how much you are getting and what are those are locked PO. Not saying what you're saying is possible. Just doesn't make sense to me why this is something.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Okay, this just sounds like as well, that if after 48hrs after game release day. It is free grab for anyone to get, most by coming in and buying. I would be weird to have a hold or PO something that recently PO something before.

You be surprise how the above happened, it happened a while back I think with Piranha Plant amiib, day of I went to a few EBGames to see if I can buy day of and they said they have a few that ppl have picked up. There suppose to wait but I feel it is dependent on the manager and how they know certain product sells at their store. Like this one knew the hype of amiibo back in the day but knew that day with me, if there's someone here who wants and can pay in full, why not, huh?

Never heard of this sort of last minute stock allotment. What is the point to do that to the employee side much less the customer. It is important to know how much you are getting and what are those are locked PO. Not saying what you're saying is possible. Just doesn't make sense to me why this is something.

Well, on PO items I think the emails go they hold them a week and if not picked up you forfeit your PO and they return them to stock.  I doubt if something is fully paid for via PO they'd release it after 48hrs.  Now GS in-store might be different because you can partially pay out POs and you would just have to settle up any balance before getting your item.  I don't know how their policies reflect that scenario currently.

3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well, on PO items I think the emails go they hold them a week and if not picked up you forfeit your PO and they return them to stock.  I doubt if something is fully paid for via PO they'd release it after 48hrs.  Now GS in-store might be different because you can partially pay out POs and you would just have to settle up any balance before getting your item.  I don't know how their policies reflect that scenario currently.

True. I was gonna mention if something is paid of in full, I don't how often or at all they release the PO. I don't know if it is different behaviour down there but as of late, maybe like 2014, we don't pay for our PO until day of release most of the time. So there's the rare occasion that some are paid in full. I pay in full before release if it is a game I really want but if I am not sure or forget about, it is just the $5-10 deposit. I've witness customers be asked on top PO'd if I paid in full. Like 90% of time it is no.

6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

True. I was gonna mention if something is paid of in full, I don't how often or at all they release the PO. I don't know if it is different behaviour down there but as of late, maybe like 2014, we don't pay for our PO until day of release most of the time. So there's the rare occasion that some are paid in full. I pay in full before release if it is a game I really want but if I am not sure or forget about, it is just the $5-10 deposit. I've witness customers be asked on top PO'd if I paid in full. Like 90% of time it is no.

Well ONLINE POs are like holds on your credit card, its true the purchase won't go through till you pick it up.  But at a place like GS where you can do in store POs and pay partially.... each time you tender money towards the PO you are taking your balance down.... but they won't release the game in-store till you are fully paid out though, it will be held for you but I don't know how long they keep the partials active versus putting them back to stock.

Remembered i missed the Mario Golf Treehouse segment on the 15th, and just finished watching that earlier, and it doesn't look too bad - the Adventure / Story mode looks pretty nice and gives it a bit more content and things to do

The Speed Golf looks like it could be fun

And New Donk City area is pretty cool looking - though i wish there were more whimsical courses in the environments to give it that Mario feel... well, it's hard to describe what i'm talking about on that, honestly

Might consider picking it up, but not sure considering i'm not exactly too huge on most sports games - might need to see a bit more to fully decide first.. no idea if there's any plans for a Demo at some point right now

_____

And thinking of Mario Party, I don't know what the rest of the boards are, but i wonder if we'll see Character/Boards from MP 4-7 as free updates or paid DLC packs down the road? Having  fresh new boards would be pretty cool to see and keep things fresh in the next few years

Though i could be wrong, but considering how linear they are since they were specifically made for the car system or just different from the traditional boards, i couldn't see anything from 8-10 working as far as i can tell...

Though skimming through the N64 boards, Eternal Star could look pretty cool updated in HD - maybe Waluigi Island too just for laughs? Since i haven't played any of them before or after 5, i don't actually have any huge attachment to these other boards - there are some nice looking boards in the other games,that would look cool in HD like Neon Heights,Pyramid Park,E.Gadds Garage and Clockwork Castle

Personally, i'd love to see all the boards from MP5 get updated and brought over to Superstars - I don't know if/how they'd rework the DK spaces since DK is playable, or if we'll see the Capsule mechanics brought back for those respective boards, but I'd love to see those return if possible

Although i could be just extremely biased towards considering MP5 is the only Mario Party game i own and have played.... (by by myself, anyway....)

Though i could be getting way ahead of myself considering there's a good chance none of this will even happen - really shouldn't get my hopes up right now since i don't think there's even plans for updates/DLC since it was only just announced a few days ago and only know so much about it....

But i guess it's always fun to dream and wish on what you would like to see sometimes in a game, i suppose

______

Also was looking at the Eshop page for WarioWare: Get It Together! and looks like it has 1-4 players which is intriguing - haven't seen 4 player Microgames since Mega Part Game$, so curious on what that will be 

Edited by Shadow118
3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well ONLINE POs are like holds on your credit card, its true the purchase won't go through till you pick it up.  But at a place like GS where you can do in store POs and pay partially.... each time you tender money towards the PO you are taking your balance down.... but they won't release the game in-store till you are fully paid out though, it will be held for you but I don't know how long they keep the partials active versus putting them back to stock.

That's the crux, until we know it is some fact that not all stocks are known for a product a few hours before release day and what happens to partially paid PO after certain time.

Your just like the rest of us, in PO online for in-store pick and PO in store, or even luckier to buy day as.

It's one thing to make up the whole stock thing is not set in stone, another to hear about it but there's no tangible proof of what you hear. I know some just want to find a way by thinking outside the box but that is usually by oneself. You don't think outside the box by leeching off something that isn't your own.

50 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

That's the crux, until we know it is some fact that not all stocks are known for a product a few hours before release day and what happens to partially paid PO after certain time.

Your just like the rest of us, in PO online for in-store pick and PO in store, or even luckier to buy day as.

It's one thing to make up the whole stock thing is not set in stone, another to hear about it but there's no tangible proof of what you hear. I know some just want to find a way by thinking outside the box but that is usually by oneself. You don't think outside the box by leeching off something that isn't your own.

I get what PB is saying here, though but has there been a situation where partially paid for POs were cancelled in order to sell full cost to someone else?  I've never done a partial pay on a preorder before so I'm not sure how that works, lol

I'm willing to give it a try, or set an alarm to be up at 3am/4am hoping I catch any listings that might appear.

BTW, just curious I checked Ebay.  The top seems to be a warning (if not, good gosh they are nuts charging 1k for an amiibo set)

image.png.e0d5e9ffa64b161754c1bef0229e1fee.png

Edited by Kezay

Pretty much a too basic recap of Age of Calamity and BotW.

What is appreciated is that as the start it mentions that AOC has split the BotW timeline but everything else is pretty much most know, if they went after the 4 divine beasts and the master sword. The video would be shorter if players just went to Ganon directly, that wouldn't change the timeline, just the ending of the story would be quicker.

Also, mentioned at the start of the BotW story so far that your experiences will vary in how you tackled the divine beast and such.