Nintendo Direct: E3 2021 - June 15th @ 9am PT

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Isn't the current explanation that BotW takes place at the end of all three timelines because of events that happen in each that cause Hyrule to become identical?

The developers' stated reason is that they just wanted to mess with us and see where we'd think it goes. They must not have seen any consequences to that because even its pre-history already takes place so much later than other games.

Walked into GS today to ask about the Metroid amiibos....  was told ONLINE only for those although they do expect to get in-store allotments but the distribution isn't finalized enough for them to know in-store quantities available yet...  As of right now that CE for Metroid Dread is online only too, and same plan a in-store goes like the amiibos.

8 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Walked into GS today to ask about the Metroid amiibos....  was told ONLINE only for those although they do expect to get in-store allotments but the distribution isn't finalized enough for them to know in-store quantities available yet...  As of right now that CE for Metroid Dread is online only too, and same plan a in-store goes like the amiibos.

At this point this will probably be my only choice if they keep getting scooped up minutes after going live online. 

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

I feel you but I go in at 7am and leave at 3:30....  I probably got no shot unless I pay off the local GS manager LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in a similar boat.  My workday starts at 8am and ends at 5pm unless there is a project and  could be at work as late as 8pm at times.  If I gotta use PTO to make this happen, I will, lol!  I've got the time to burn.

https://smb.sega.com/bananamania/lang/en.html

Experience more than 300 stages from Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2 and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe.

I am now sold on this game and will be getting it.

I hold 1 and 2 in high regard on GC.  1 a little more though.  I liked some of the Wii games and they had good ideas with jumping....boss battles were a good way to extend the gameplay but...  I liked the inclusion of motion controls and felt they were responsive enough....but I think I had a better grasp on speed and control with a joystick.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm in a similar boat.  My workday starts at 8am and ends at 5pm unless there is a project and  could be at work as late as 8pm at times.  If I gotta use PTO to make this happen, I will, lol!  I've got the time to burn.

I gotta be able to do buy online and in-store pick up....  GS was usually better about that via their online site...but I think they have changed some of that over for some reason....  I mean my GS is a LARGE stand alone one and its on my way home literally....  and my Best Buy is like on the way home and less than 5m from my house.....  I've had good luck with Target and shipping... and my 2 Wal Mart are kind of sketch....

With the Advance Wars remake coming I really hope they consider doing Days of Ruin.  Granted, back in the day it never released in Japan as it was more western focused, didn't even do well in the states (I got my copy on clearance for $5) and the fanbase in some ways seems divided on their approach to a grittier Advance Wars after AW, AW: Black Hole Rising and AW: Dual Strike kept things consistent.

Still... I enjoyed my time with the game and almost every track in the OST is an absolute banger!

2 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I have to talk to someone.

I'm speedrunning the Champions' Ballad DLC to get some captures for a video I'm making. I blew my entire inventory fighting the guardians for Mipha's trial. Just before landing the final hit on the final guardian, a blood moon brought all of them back.

That is all.

That is some incredible luck right there... XD

10 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I have to talk to someone.

I'm speedrunning the Champions' Ballad DLC to get some captures for a video I'm making. I blew my entire inventory fighting the guardians for Mipha's trial. Just before landing the final hit on the final guardian, a blood moon brought all of them back.

That is all.

I've experienced something similar once before myself. Pulling through on the skin of teeth and then lulz blood moon.

Anyway it got me thinking/worrying about the implications of Link's magic arm and the lack of weapons in the teaser... It might be an excuse to give climbing a well-deserved nerf. But maybe Link can't wield blades at all anymore, and so players are forced to get really creative, but too much high-concept combat would get fatiguing. That fire-spewing arm could be the new standard, replacing weapon durability with recharge times.

And the Slate is gone, so the player's assistant for navigating/logging the big world is gone. Together with the floating islands, this could imply that BOTW2 is mainly episodic rather than open world. Bill Trinen said it will very much be its own game, which implies it's not trying to do what BOTW did.

Ugggghhhhhh..... See, this why I don't like teaser trailers. This one shows off what we CAN'T do, rather than what's new. They wouldn't even reveal the title, because apparently it's too much of a spoiler right now. Watch it be "The Legend of Zelda: Unarmed".

3 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Anyway it got me thinking/worrying about the implications of Link's magic arm and the lack of weapons in the teaser... It might be an excuse to give climbing a well-deserved nerf. But maybe Link can't wield blades at all anymore, and so players are forced to get really creative, but too much high-concept combat would get fatiguing. That fire-spewing arm could be the new standard, replacing weapon durability with recharge times.

And the Slate is gone, so the player's assistant for navigating/logging the big world is gone. Together with the floating islands, this could imply that BOTW2 is mainly episodic rather than open world. Bill Trinen said it will very much be its own game, which implies it's not trying to do what BOTW did.

Ugggghhhhhh..... See, this why I don't like teaser trailers. This one shows off what we CAN'T do, rather than what's new. They wouldn't even reveal the title, because apparently it's too much of a spoiler right now. Watch it be "The Legend of Zelda: Unarmed".

Just a heads up, after watching the trailer a few times Link does in fact have a melee weapon (sword), though even so there wouldn't be a lack of weapons as we've at least seen his bow/arrows.  I screen capped and put arrows towards what looks to be the hilt of a sword.  You definitely see it much clearer in the left image rather than the right, but if you watch the video in slow motion you can see that there is a difference between the sword hilt and the curvature of the bow.  Follow it down and you can see what ends up looking like either the blade itself or a sheathe that it slides into at the base of the shield.

There has been a lot of talk about melee weapons being missing from the game but I was pretty sure I at least saw the BotW Link we're used to (left image) with his sword, had to find a good pic of the one on the right to show the same thing.

image.png.5b20681d9d26b96783fa2c2a7d116449.pngimage.png.9f0584649e8d8bed0949bfee22cd50d5.png

You're right! Link does have swords equipped throughout the trailer!

As for the change in his hairstyle... maybe that's just for the Greek outfit. The toga seems to be just a top piece. Maybe wearing it also changes his hair, or he's wearing a circlet that does that--we haven't seen him from the front yet.

The floating islands are probably replacing shrines, since apparently you teleport up to them via special puddles below.

46 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

As for the change in his hairstyle... maybe that's just for the Greek outfit. The toga seems to be just a top piece. Maybe wearing it also changes his hair, or he's wearing a circlet that does that--we haven't seen him from the front yet.

The floating islands are probably replacing shrines, since apparently you teleport up to them via special puddles below.

I'm telling you, there's a reason for pulled out hair and different outfits. Along with why on the ground you don't see the floating island, time manipulation on a grand scale...actually make that 10 grand, lol.

As, I said I'm gonna make a thread in a few days once I nailed the details of this back and forth stuff. As of this post now ppl are either noticing or now coming to the same theory, as few days ago ppl were talking some time jump but not to this specifically how much in time.

57 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I'm with some others on videos I have seen... checkout all those triforces on the shield... and the differentiated coloring.... do they activate as you complete.....

Didn't even notice it til now.  Even checked out the trailer again (I think this is my 16th viewing haha) and it's not a trick of the lighting either.  Assuming it's not part of the design I wonder if it could be an indicator.  Worth exploring that possibility at least.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

Some theory videos I've seen have highlighted that we aren't seeing Greek tunic Link from the front and that there may be a reason for it.  There has to be something more going on there whether time shenanigans are involved or whatever.  Part of me is also wondering where is he falling from in the start of the trailer?  It seems pretty high up compared to the height differences between sky islands later on but maybe it's a perspective thing.

3 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Didn't even notice it til now.  Even checked out the trailer again (I think this is my 16th viewing haha) and it's not a trick of the lighting either.  Assuming it's not part of the design I wonder if it could be an indicator.  Worth exploring that possibility at least.

Some theory videos I've seen have highlighted that we aren't seeing Greek tunic Link from the front and that there may be a reason for it.  There has to be something more going on there whether time shenanigans are involved or whatever.  Part of me is also wondering where is he falling from in the start of the trailer?  It seems pretty high up compared to the height differences between sky islands later on but maybe it's a perspective thing.

For the first part, I believe it is the lighting.

It was confirmed in this vid by GX

2nd part. I don't think there's a reason why we never see the Link's face when he is in the air. I think it's to trick ppl there's something more to it but I believe it is just Link. They also mentioned this in the vid above at point number 3 in the vid.

-------

Also since this is a Nintendo E3 thread, might as well post this here.

Well in terms of views according some tracking folks called stream hatchet.

We all have our subjective views who wins E3 but this year is a little more obvious then most but I will say that Nintendo sure did help boost the morale of E3 overall.

Hmmm... has anyone seen anything regarding this as a theory?  Was just looking up some stuff regarding Lanayru Desert from Skyward Sword to see if there were any links (heh) that could connect with BotW2.  Does anyone else notice that the design of the timeshift stones (see below)  looks very similar to the slanted pillars around Hyrule Castle in BotW?  Similar shape and design motif.  Not only that, but according to the wiki there is a working theory that the Gate of Time in Skyward Sword is made out of refined timeshift stones.

Now this part is probably a reach.  According to BotW lore, those pillars housed Guardians when in need to face down Calamity Ganon.  But what if they also served a second purpose and retained timestone properties when activated a certain way?  In the ending to BotW you'll notice the glowing lights on the pillars change from red to the same blue shade that the timeshift stones have.  Granted,  that could just be due to Calamity Ganon's influence fading away as well.  That being said, in Skyward Sword the refined version of the timeshift stone (also see below) has an eye motif similar to that of the Sheikah.  Knowing the Sheikah are technologically adept it may not be a leap to think that if the Gate of Time being made of timeshift stones is true, that the people who created the Gate of Time were the Sheikah.  And if that's the case and knowing how instrumental the Sheikah have been to the history of BotW (let alone the series in general) that may be a key in figuring out elements of what the new game may have.

What do you think?  Feel free to correct me anywhere where I'm mistaken or add in ideas of your own.  Been a long time since I've been this invested in theories around an upcoming game. XD

image.png.da393fd74fa2abacda5cecd7907902b2.pngimage.png.6a9a5402fb063b80365d7ad42e31ffb0.png

Alright, that post is finally convincing evidence. Especially how the timeshift stones have the same shape and slant as the pillars--and, I'll add, the same visual design of the looped circles connected by lines.

Though I'm still not convinced the floating islands are zipping in and out of time. It's super bizarre that they aren't visible when Link glides down and sees the Talus fort, but perhaps it's simply because the expedition under Hyrule Castle isn't the opening scene of the game. Maybe you have some adventuring to do beforehand, to establish the status quo and teach basic skills before things get crazy. Like BOTW1's plateau, except here it takes place around Hyrule Field.

@Kezay: Yes, I haven't seen this enthusiasm in research from you in a while, at least for Zelda I mean.

To me it think you theory is a stretch at least with the pillars around Hyrule castle in BotW have some time manipulation and that has nothing to do that I don't remember the pillars when red to blue at the end of them. Yes, non corrupted sheikah tech is blue and orange, as I said I just don't remember the pillars doing that in the end. I'll take your word they do because it is sheikah tech but what take me out of the theory is the symbolism of the pillars and timestones, along with the colors don't match to me. So I can't get behind that.

That's not to say if those all did this would make more sense but I get where you are going to come that conclusion, cool or not. This is a cool theory with not a lot to connect it fully for me.

Now, this theory isn't fully vetted either and it took some time for me to accept it as recently, that and I don't think I can full explain it as it still in some sense still don't make that much sense to me. The Zonai, have you heard of them? To make it simple the barbarian gear you find in BotW, they are the Zonai, they live in Faron wood. You know the fishing village of BotW, Lurelin.

I'm sure you seen this symbol all over the Faron region:

Zonai Megathread - Theorizing - Zelda Universe Forums

Doesn't this look similar to this?

Kokiri projects | Photos, videos, logos, illustrations and branding on  Behance

As established in TP, Faron woods is where the Kokiri lived and now we have the first above symbol showing up in BotW Faron woods? Coincidence, I think not.

As I said I can't really explain it all to well because it still does not make much sense with this part. The barbarian gear as I mentioned were a warring tribe, where the hell does magic comes from with this?

Missy Here — Coincidence, I think not!

This is what they want to connect it with the green arm in the initial BotW 2 trailer on dehydrated Ganondorf and remember the same turquoise looking swirls near the start of that trailer and the swirl symbol everywhere in the Faron wood in BotW....boom. Did I get you? But as I said the whole magic of Twili and Zonai warring just doesn't not gel with me but I think the Zonai have something to do with Link's arm and somehow time manipulation, we just don't know what that connect is so far...