Nintendo Direct: E3 2021 - June 15th @ 9am PT

Just now, alienboyva said:

That's a stupid policy regarding pre-orders. It kind of defeats the point. BTW, if this is their pre-order policy, they why the hell did they go ahead and put up pre-orders when they new that the game as coming out on 10/8? y; 

Because scalpers are idiots who don't know how to read the fine print.theydonothing;

3 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I am petty enough that if I had the time or patience I'd go through and report every single one of those.  There are easily 300+ listings between the collector's edition and amiibo up on eBay right now.  Just sayin'.

So I take this isn't mode you wouldn't like to go to unless pushed passionately?

Can't say we all don't have that side inside someone but I know that for some reason, I don't I have it in me to be petty for any reason.

Yes, from time to time I throw low-key shade but that's about it. And I'm a blunt guy. That's that's it.

1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

Is it just me or is anyone else really diggin' Samus' new suit?

When they first showed it in the trailer I was like "Oh Samus has a new suit!" "Makes since given that Dread takes place after Fusion." and I wasn't really sure about it, even after watching the Treehouse gameplay. Now after looking at the official artwork, I'm really liking it. It's just something about the colors that work so well together. I think this new suit looks way better than the Fusion Suit from Metriod Fusion and especially, the PED Suit from MP3:C. 

ImagectflOu8.pngCvAPuKO.jpg

I do like how the white and blue work together... and in the gameplay videos it looks shiny...

1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

Is it just me or is anyone else really diggin' Samus' new suit?

When they first showed it in the trailer I was like "Oh Samus has a new suit!" "Makes since given that Dread takes place after Fusion." and I wasn't really sure about it, even after watching the Treehouse gameplay. Now after looking at the official artwork, I'm really liking it. It's just something about the colors that work so well together. I think this new suit looks way better than the Fusion Suit from Metriod Fusion and especially, the PED Suit from MP3:C. 

ImagectflOu8.pngCvAPuKO.jpg

The colors do look nice together, and I like the striations on some of the blue parts that almost feel like exposed musculature to give it that alien/X parasite vibe. What was wrong with the Fusion Suit though, I liked that one too! :P It is weirdly smooth but that seems appropriate for the X parasite influence.

Metroid Dread was probably my favourite NEW title announcement for all of E3. I'm super stoked for a brand new side scrolling Metroid.

Now I said new title. For new "thing", Zelda G&W, obv, and I locked a Preorder down at EBgames, though judging by its availability out there, it could be like Mario where you can still find it new.

NOW, ahem, BotW2. Absolutely loving it, watched the trailer 4-5 times, read a few articles breaking it down, and watched it in reverse.

One thing every article I've read missed - Link only ever has a bow and shield. There is NO weapon with him in any of those clips, suggesting the "Sheikah/Calamity arm" will be your weapon this time. Although noted in a few articles, the Sheikah Slate is also absent with powers seeming to be grafted onto his arm that the "Calamity" grabbed onto. It also seems to have a time-reversal power. I'm thinking time manipulation will play a big role, and think this is also why Link's hair is shown at different lengths.

I love the return of the Sky, especially given that TINY little clip in BotW where Zelda HEARS FI IN THE SWORD.

Also, there's some debate on what you can hear played backwards, personally, I hear Dark World theme from LttP. Either way stoked.

Biggest letdown: No additional 35th anniversary info like a Zelda Collection.

2nd Biggest: No Splatoon 3.

Edited by EH_STEVE
1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

Okay I have an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT QUESTION.

I just played my Switch in TV mode for the first time in several months, and I noticed immediately that Breath of the Wild is now running at 60 FPS. Was there some recent update? Check your Zeldas, y'all. I'm going mad over here.

Can't.

I only have the Wii U version.

4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Metroid Dread was probably my favourite NEW title announcement for all of E3. I'm super stoked for a brand new side scrolling Metroid.

Now I said new title. For new "thing", Zelda G&W, obv, and I locked a Preorder down at EBgames, though judging by its availability out there, it could be like Mario where you can still find it new.

NOW, ahem, BotW2. Absolutely loving it, watched the trailer 4-5 times, read a few articles breaking it down, and watched it in reverse.

One thing every article I've read missed - Link only ever has a bow and shield. There is NO weapon with him in any of those clips, suggesting the "Sheikah/Calamity arm" will be your weapon this time. Although noted in a few articles, the Sheikah Slate is also absent with powers seeming to be grafted onto his arm that the "Calamity" grabbed onto. It also seems to have a time-reversal power. I'm thinking time manipulation will play a big role, and think this is also why Link's hair is shown at different lengths.

I love the return of the Sky, especially given that TINY little clip in BotW where Zelda HEARS FI IN THE SWORD.

Also, there's some debate on what you can hear played backwards, personally, I hear Dark World theme from LttP. Either way stoked.

Biggest letdown: No additional 35th anniversary info like a Zelda Collection.

2nd Biggest: No Splatoon 3.

I'd be very surprised if there were no weapons in the game.  There is one moment in the trailer when Link is shooting fire from what looks like a stone dragon head attached to his shield towards an enemy.

5 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I'd be very surprised if there were no weapons in the game.  There is one moment in the trailer when Link is shooting fire from what looks like a stone dragon head attached to his shield towards an enemy.

Correct, but that, like you said, is the Shield hand. Still curious if we'll get conventional melee weapons

3 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Oh, that's deep!  The symbol on the shield definitely looks similar to the iconography associated with Vaati.  Never thought to consider that when theorizing what connections this game could have as I've been primarily focused on finding connections with Skyward Sword.

I've seen a few theories around that Time is splintered/broken, and that themes from other games (some noted that "GDorf" looks more Twili than Gerudo) and that basically the timelines are smashing together and will end with it looping back in on itself.

4 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I've seen a few theories around that Time is splintered/broken, and that themes from other games (some noted that "GDorf" looks more Twili than Gerudo) and that basically the timelines are smashing together and will end with it looping back in on itself.

That would be nuts if that's what ends up happening.  I need to track down some of these other videos and see what working theories are out there.  I've been having discussions with my girlfriend about the sequel as she just got into Zelda a few years back thanks to Breath of the Wild and is now wanting to play as many of the other Zelda games as she can.  But she's taking stabs at what could be happening based on her experience with BotW and Age of Calamity along with my knowledge of the franchise and my Hyrule Historia books.

3 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Okay I have an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT QUESTION.

I just played my Switch in TV mode for the first time in several months, and I noticed immediately that Breath of the Wild is now running at 60 FPS. Was there some recent update? Check your Zeldas, y'all. I'm going mad over here.

Nah, I looked into it and it is still 30 FPS. It took me a while, as of late I am having trouble seeing the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. What sealed to me and anyone who played this game just once not inside and out, Korok Woods, that area still chugs like a motherfucker below 30 FPS.

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I have my own theory with time that at least I don't think anyone brought up. I need more time to think on this theory before I say anything, this definitely requires its own thread here in the near future.