Nintendo Direct: E3 2021 - June 15th @ 9am PT

2 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I wonder if there will ever be a time that Nintendo considers absorbing Mercury Steam into their ranks? 

Well, I know they are based in Europe, specifically Spain.

The last 2 acquisitions from Nintendo were on the NA continent of two different countries, USA and Canada. Retro Studio and Next Level Games respectively.

So I don't know what is Nintendo criteria of how many games they make for them or where the studio is located but this developer would make a great addition to Nintendo nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Well, I know they are based in Europe, specifically Spain.

The last 2 acquisitions from Nintendo were on the NA continent of two different countries, USA and Canada. Retro Studio and Next Level Games respectively.

So I don't know what is Nintendo criteria of how many games they make for them or where the studio is located but this developer would make a great addition to Nintendo nonetheless.

True.  I don't know the entirety of Mercury Soft's work outside of Castlevania Lord of Shadow/Mirror of Fate and now Metroid but Nintendo has grown comfortable with them handling the Metroid franchise.  Next Level Games definitely proved their worth and range in a variety of ways before they were acquired though so Mercury Steam may still need some additional notches in their belt first.

Did they mentioned in the gamepley stream what the amiibo do?

I wonder if they didn't to avoid any possible backlash the function locks behind gameplay physical paywall like the Skyward Sword Zelda and Loftwin amiibo.

If I recall, they had similar effect with Samus Return locking a difficulty behind one of the amiibo for the game and similar to how they locked a dungeon in Shadows of Valentia behind amiibo in that game too.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Did they mentioned in the gamepley stream what the amiibo do?

I wonder if they didn't to avoid any possible backlash the function locks behind gameplay physical paywall like the Skyward Sword Zelda and Loftwin amiibo.

If I recall, they had similar effect with Samus Return locking a difficulty behind one of the amiibo for the game and similar to how they locked a dungeon in Shadows of Valentia behind amiibo in that game too.

I don't think so. I didn't hear them mention what functionally the amiibo will have,

Seriously, I'm getting tired of all this shit with scalpers nowadays, especially on the internet. I really wish retailers would do more to prevent scalpers using bots. I really think the government needs to step in and make bots illegal!

Nowadays it really sucks being a fan of anything remotely popular, because when something cool comes out for the fans, scalpers always have to ruin it. >_>

---------------------------------------------------------

😭😭😭😭😭

...And this is why I always do in-store pre-orders when possible.

Edited by alienboyva

Not sure how much i missed, but watched a little snippet of WarioWare on Treehouse Live

Will have to rewatch the full segment later

Also will have to rewatch the Mario Golf segment since i missed most of it - but that looks pretty fun too

I had some hesitant thoughts considering there's the whole character controlling and co-op, but it looks more like a traditional mainline WarioWare game than i originally thought (From what i saw, anyway)

But honestly? It looks pretty fun and think i'll be picking this up at some point - the hand drawn artstyle is pretty nice, too

Also nice to see 9-Volt and his Nintendo themed Microgames back, too

The only thing i hope is that they use the Joy-Cons features to the fullest extent as possible in this game - i don't think there's many games that use them to the fullest capability (as far as i'm aware, anyway)

Edited by Shadow118

Haven't watched any of the Treehouse stuff yet, but I did hear something through Twitter that I'm greatly relieved about regarding Metroid Dread:

Spoiler

Adam is in the game, but he's completely optional to talk to. You're free to go wherever you can with your current abilities. He's only there for lore-reasons.

Kazuya looks bad ass in Smash... like moves and stage...and music.  Loved the trailer with him tossing the fallen off the cliff into liquid hot magma!  ..And Kirby punking him LOL.  I am digging that gargoyle form...  Lots of cool physical and "magical" attacks...

Metroid Dread is real LOL.  Love the amiibo figures.... but yeah.... trying to score them has been a pain this afternoon...

BotW2 looks so epic and bad ass.... I bet the delay is because they are going over and underworld for it and with how much more complex this is looking I bet this has pushed into that Switch Revision launch title for an enhanced running of the game versus a standard Switch running it "less than."  Loving some of the new mechanics shown... the demon possession the flying...

Cruisin USA sequel?  dafuq...

Warioware should have come a long time ago....

Mario Party... like...should have already been done like its showing....

The LoZ G&W blows Mario's away in a big way with 4 games included but I am a pass on this....  No Special Edition Switch for Zelda 35?  Again, another hold out till BotW2 gets its decision about system....

I am totally feeling the Super Monkey Ball game....appears its 1 + 2 + _ in some kind of remastered sort of way with some new content to....   Love some of the better mini games were shown.

47 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Haven't watched any of the Treehouse stuff yet, but I did hear something through Twitter that I'm greatly relieved about regarding Metroid Dread:

Reveal hidden contents

Adam is in the game, but he's completely optional to talk to. You're free to go wherever you can with your current abilities. He's only there for lore-reasons.

I wanted to talk about this character being in but wasn't sure if it should be spoiled or not.  I'm most happy because it truly confirms this follows the events of Fusion.  I mean, the Metroid 5 title should be clue enough, but considering how Fusion ends there should be a big impact to the Metroid story going forward.  Or at least Samus' association with the Galactic Federation.

3 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Here's an early look a at No More Heroes III, which wasn't in the Treehouse LIVE stream (most likely do to the rating)...

*The video is age restricted, so you need to login to YT watch it.* 🔗https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-iLPK5vl4M

Thanks for this.

I didn't read the whole post and I was like, I watched the whole stream and didn't see this. Only went to the bathroom once and missed like the first 2 seconds of Mario Kart Superstar. You know when they say they will be back. It was much quicker than back at E3 live so I thought I had time lol. Still glad I went tho.

Is it just me or is anyone else really diggin' Samus' new suit?

When they first showed it in the trailer I was like "Oh Samus has a new suit!" "Makes since given that Dread takes place after Fusion." and I wasn't really sure about it, even after watching the Treehouse gameplay. Now after looking at the official artwork, I'm really liking it. It's just something about the colors that work so well together. I think this new suit looks way better than the Fusion Suit from Metriod Fusion and especially, the PED Suit from MP3:C. 

ImagectflOu8.pngCvAPuKO.jpg

Edited by alienboyva
16 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

For anyone whose encountered scalpers for Metroid Dread:

That's a stupid policy regarding pre-orders. It kind of defeats the point. BTW, if this is their pre-order policy, they why the hell did they go ahead and put up pre-orders when they new that the game as coming out on 10/8? y; 

Edited by alienboyva