Nintendo Direct: E3 2021 - June 15th @ 9am PT

• alienboyva changed the title to Nintendo Direct: E3 2021 - June 15th @ 9am PT

Pretty good direct!

- Smash Character reveal: Not surprised that it's Takken character

- Metroid Dread look pretty sweet. I can't believe this is finally exists. 🤯

- New WarioWare on Switch?! HELL YEAH! Though, IDK how I feel about having to control characters to play all the micro games. :-/ The multiplayer looks like it could be a ton of fun.

- LoZ G&W: I kind of expected this. Nice to see it has more content than the SMB on, though it really makes me wish the SMB G&W had SMB2 (USA) and/or SMB3

-Advance Wars 1 &2 remake. Nice! I know fans are gonna love this.

- New Monkey Ball? Hopefully this one is good. This includes a remake of 1-2 right?

- BotW 2 looks great! :) 

Edited by alienboyva
2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

MecurySteam helped with the Development of Metroid Dread.

Also the development of this game was halted twice in the last 15 years because they didn't have the technology and team to bring the vision of this game to life yet.

Makes sense why this game was so rumored for so long. Ah.

Yeah, even MP3:C said it was nearing the final stages of development. :P 

Metroid Dread - Metroid Wiki

Metroid Dread is being played on the Treehouse currently.

Game looks great in motion and the menu is the same aesthetic as Samus Retrurn. Like I see the literally rip the menu from the 3DS, it is cool but it looks flat like they didn't add some umph to it, not complaint as I said the menu is cool would of been nice to add some flair to menu at least on stronger system.

10 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Metroid Dread is being played on the Treehouse currently.

Game looks great in motion and the menu is the same aesthetic as Samus Retrurn. Like I see the literally rip the menu from the 3DS, it is cool but it looks flat like they didn't add some umph to it, not complaint as I said the menu is cool would of been nice to add some flair to menu at least on stronger system.

Give it time; they'll update it, probs.

Also, lol, Metroid Dread.

This is awesome. 😆

So, I don't follow the Tekken story much at all, but is Kazuya Mishima really that much more of a front runner than Jin Kazama?  Or is this one of those things where it was a Sakurai's choice thing and Kazuya is just a more interesting character?  Pretty cool announcement, just curious as I always saw Jin as the "hero" of that franchise much like Ryu is for Street Fighter.

Anyway, pretty good direct though I wish some of those port overs included Xenoblade Chronicles X.  The fight continues for this one, I suppose!

Metroid Dread is crazy.  Still wish Metroid Prime 4 had something of a showing but this was a complete surprise and shock to see.  Currently watching the Treehouse coverage of it and it looks good!  Based on the trailer it also looks like we'll get to meet a living Chozo too!?  As the official next chapter after Fusion all those years ago it was an incredible moment not only seeing Metroid 5 flash across the screen but to finally see Metroid Dread.  I will also claim that amiibo set for this game!

Advance Wars Reboot Camp is a lovely surprise too!  Never played the originals so will almost certainly be giving these a shot.  I do hope they go from this to also rebooting Days of Ruin as well at some point.

Shin Megami Tensei V was great to see in motion.  I keep seeing a lot of comparisons to Nocturne which I haven't played but I'm liking what I see of the battle system.  The icons looks suspiciously like the ones from Tokyo Mirage Sessions, a weird detail that stuck out to me the most once the combat UI showed up, lol!  But glad to finally see a more comprehensive look at the game.

Still haven't beaten Age of Calamity (I'm taking my sweet time, lol) but glad the DLC didn't seem to spoil anything so grateful for that at least, lol

Breath of the Wild Sequel.  I just can't wait to see where the story is going with lands in the sky.  Some of the new stuff like an enemy outcamp being made mobile on top of a Stone Talus and Link being able to  pass through objects.  At first I thought they gave him the mole mitts and he was just digging from the bottom of the top really fast.

Life is Strange looks good on Switch.  While not something I ever thought about wanting on Switch it looked good with what they showed/announced.  Also surprised Guardians of the Galaxy is coming too.

1 minute ago, ᚴᛅᛁᛏᛅᚱᛁᚾᛅᚱ ᛏᚱᛅᚢᚴᛦᛁᚾ said:

Give it time; they'll update it, probs.

Also, lol, Metroid Dread.

This is awesome. 😆

It's a slight critique. As I said I love the simple look on the 3DS but on Switch it just sort of look at out of place.

Yes, they could be playing a early build. They did mentioned before the gameplay it is, which I am shocked. This game comes out less than 4 months away. I highly doubt this is a early build and this game won't see anymore small updates.

I will accept as is at launch, just a observation.

Just now, Destiny Hero said:

Crazy how BOTW2 is taking 4 years of development, running on the engine of its predecessor built over about 5.

More than what we got from the previous E3, but I was expecting a lot more than just a teaser trailer with brief glimpses of gameplay and yet another Save the Princess story.

Do we even know if it's a "save the princess" story?  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if it was but unless I missed something all we saw was Zelda falling into a chasm.  What that means of her fate isn't made clear.  I kind of like the theory I've seen going around that Link may be exploring top side while Zelda is exploring ground level/caverns.  Would be pretty neat if we're exploring three levels of Hyrule in that case: the Sky, the ground and what seems to be a cavernous system below Hyrule.

From watching the Metroid Dread gameplay on the Treehouse LIVE, I'm not sure how I feel about Samus now being able to slide. I really hope they didn't remove the Morph Ball for this. :(  I hopefully, it's still in there, because that's one of Samus' incoinc abilitys.

4 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Do we even know if it's a "save the princess" story?  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if it was but unless I missed something all we saw was Zelda falling into a chasm.  What that means of her fate isn't made clear.  I kind of like the theory I've seen going around that Link may be exploring top side while Zelda is exploring ground level/caverns.  Would be pretty neat if we're exploring three levels of Hyrule in that case: the Sky, the ground and what seems to be a cavernous system below Hyrule.

Unless gameplay switches between Link aboveground and Zelda underground--which would be especially ill-fitting for BOTW's style--at best, from Link's/the player's perspective, she's still trapped down there.

1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

From watching the Metroid Dread gameplay on the Treehouse LIVE, I'm not sure how I feel about Samus now being able to slide. I really hope they didn't remove the Morph Ball for this. :(  I hopefully, it's still in there, because that's one of Samus' incoinc abilitys.

Depending on how she gets this new suit (assuming this game takes place after Fusion, there's some explaining to be had here) it could be replaced.  Between the slide and the magnetic upgrade that lets her climb walls that pretty much eliminates basic morphball and spiderball abilities.