The Links at Mushroom Kingdom - N4A Chat Thread - June 2021

EH_STEVE

Been slowly catching up on presentations just out of curiosity through others reaction videos and just got done with the Xbox/Bethesda Conference

Starfield looks pretty interesting - going to need to see some gameplay to decide further

But it does come out in November of next year if I’m remembering correctly, so hopefully we’ll see footage sometime before then - looks like it could be promising 

Also the Steel Reign and The Pitt updates for Fallout 76 look interesting - still curious on that game, honestly...  may consider picking it up when it’s on sale at some point... wouldn’t be able to play it for quite awhile though considering i only have so much space on my Laptop

Going to have to get a high end PC again at some point in the future 

Also looks like Slime Rancher 2 is a thing - briefly played the first one, but.... not sure how much it caught my interest so not sure if I’ll play this one

The Eiyuden Chronicle games look pretty cool - really like the 2D graphics - i think these games might interest me

Also The Outer Worlds 2 looks pretty nice even though it’s just a teaser - haven’t played the first one, though - might have to look into that and see if it will interest me

The new Flight Simulator game looks quite pretty - don’t think this would hold my interest for too long, so not a game i plan on purchasing myself but graphics look pretty at least

Previously saw the trailer for Redfall before and looks interesting- I’d need to see actual gameplay to decide any further

And i think these i think can also be played on PC through the Game Pass? Not sure how that works honestly- wonder if it’s worth it? Not sure how many games I’d have interest in to get that Pass

i don’t know how many of these are also coming to Steam

Edited by Shadow118
14 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

words

I really enjoy Fallout 76. I got it at launch and return to it fairly regularly. It's also one of the only Fallouts I've made a second character for, both are level 150+. I will definitely return it when the new DLC comes out. It's also probably dirt cheap now and the expansions are all free.

Outer Worlds is like Fallout New Vegas played some Bioshock 1, and then went to space. It's on Gamepass if you've got it. That's how I played it. I wouldn't've been happy paying full price for it, but it's definitely a great game.

25 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I really enjoy Fallout 76. I got it at launch and return to it fairly regularly. It's also one of the only Fallouts I've made a second character for, both are level 150+. I will definitely return it when the new DLC comes out. It's also probably dirt cheap now and the expansions are all free.

Outer Worlds is like Fallout New Vegas played some Bioshock 1, and then went to space. It's on Gamepass if you've got it. That's how I played it. I wouldn't've been happy paying full price for it, but it's definitely a great game.

I’ve heard the games improved since launch but wasn’t sure how much

Did like New Vegas (though i still haven’t finished it nor touched the DLC) and won’t touch 4 until much later after I’m done with NV - so might like this game

I do like the setting of the game though at least

Was going to take advantage and try the Free Play weekend out but it would’ve taken over 20 hours to download using my personal hotspot from my phone so missed out on that, unfortunately 

Did notice the it’s on sale on Steam for $13.19, so could still buy it unless it’s better to buy the Steel Dawn Deluxe since it’s a couple bucks cheaper than buying the game and Recruitment DLC separately...

Though i only have so much left on my pre-paid card left available to use... it should go on sale again at some point, though I’m not sure when - i think I’ve seen it on sale before during last Winter sale, unless I’m misremembering that...

_______

I did buy the the Borderlands bundle with 2 and the pre-sequel and DLCs for both that was on sale off Steam during the last Winter sale (except the Fight For Sanctuary DLC that i bought separately) and enjoyed what i played of that (though I haven’t played that for awhile- should get back to those games one of these days) but haven’t bought Borderlands 1 - maybe I’ll have to do that whenever it’s on sale again 

I’ll have to do some research on it, but i might like it, though I’m not sure atm

i can really only think of like 4 games that looked interesting to me from e3 this year, with one of them being the gimme-pick of botw2, and the other 3 were from devolver....this year felt pretty underwhelming lol

literally cannot stop thinking about that botw2 trailer tho and cannot wait to pour over it excitedly for the next however-many-months looking for lore 

5 minutes ago, Spring said:

i can really only think of like 4 games that looked interesting to me from e3 this year, with one of them being the gimme-pick of botw2, and the other 3 were from devolver....this year felt pretty underwhelming lol

literally cannot stop thinking about that botw2 trailer tho and cannot wait to pour over it excitedly for the next however-many-months looking for lore 

I haven’t caught up yet with all the presentations and E3 news outside of Xbox/Bethesda,Nintendo,Wholesome Games and Ubisoft (mainly for that new Mario + Rabbids game) - but that’s it so far unless im misremembering one or two right now 

But aside from a few select games here and there, there really hasn’t been too much of interest to me, some that I’m not sure on just yet one way or another (especially since some were just trailers/teasers)

Was listening to it in the background while working on a project a couple days ago and Capcoms presentation was especially a let down - but at least that new Ace Attorney game is being localized at least, (unless we already knew that already?) , but that game is looking pretty good so far

Unless there’s a chance there’s some Playstation games also coming to PC, might skip watching that one - never was hugely interested in Devolver either, so that’s another one I’ll end up skipping

At least Nintendo’s was good overall, even though there were only a handful of things that interested me - might see some things that might’ve been meant for this years Nintendo E3 Direct that had to be pushed back in future Nintendo Directs in the coming months, possibly?

______

Did you happen to watch Wholesome Games’ Wholesome Direct? There might be some Indie games that you might be interested in

I think it was a separate thing they did separately from E3 since I don’t think there was a timeslot for them but happened around E3, but i watched it and there were a LOT of Indie Games shown off back to back in quick succession 

Not sure about all of them, but personally  there were a lot of games that caught my interest and think will buy in the future 

Is worth a watch assuming if you haven’t already- probably the best of E3 alongside Nintendo, at least imo

I was disappointed in the Halo Infinite presentation, but that's just because I don't care that much about multiplayer. Also, I'm sensing a timeskip and a soft retcon of Halo 5: Guardians based on that dialogue. It's looking a bit bleak, story-wise, but we'll see.

I was sad that there was no Metroid Prime 4, but lol, Metroid Dread. This is great. 😄

Yay, Breath of the Wild with a trailer nearly as vague as the last, but hey, it looks cool. I don't need a save-the-princess narrative, but I hope the villain is more of a character this time.

Meh. Mostly underwhelming otherwise. Didn't really care about anything else. My partner turned into a puddle of fangirl goo at Lesbian Simulator 2021 the Life Is Strange stuff. Probs will pick it up for her and end up playing it myself because it's gay and nobody ever says anything bad about it.

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/kawaiibossbaby/status/1405332688207286273?s=19

Edited by ᚴᛅᛁᛏᛅᚱᛁᚾᛅᚱ ᛏᚱᛅᚢᚴᛦᛁᚾ

the danganronpa collection looks neat but mystery games don't hold much replay value to me and i know the answers to all the mysteries so alas y; 

i hear people praise LiS all the time but i watched someone play about half of it when it originally came out and the writing was so off-putting to me that it put me off wanting to play the series at all, forever lmao 

1 hour ago, Spring said:

the danganronpa collection looks neat but mystery games don't hold much replay value to me and i know the answers to all the mysteries so alas y; 

When I was a kid my siblings and I used to play the Humongous Entertainment point-and-click adventure games. The later ones had this thing where every time you replayed them, some of the puzzles would be different, and you’d get to explore a different part of the game from your previous play through.

For example, in one play through of Spy Fox in Dry Cereal, you’d have to find the right key to de-activate William the Kid’s Milky Weapon of Destruction by moving mirrors to re-direct laser beams. But in another play through, you’d have to shut off the power by moving the carrots on strings out of reach of the gerbils running on hamster wheels, then use your night-vision shoe to see in the dark and pick the right diode.

In some cases, even the ending would be completely different. In one Freddi Fish play through, Claude the Crab would be the one who stole Uncle Blenny’s golden conch shell, but in another, Nadine the Narwhal would be the culprit.

What I’m saying is, what if modern-day mystery games did something similar where the solution to each case was different on every play through? There’d be a different set of puzzles and evidence trails for each possible murderer, and which one was correct would be randomized each time.

3 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

When I was a kid my siblings and I used to play the Humongous Entertainment point-and-click adventure games. The later ones had this thing where every time you replayed them, some of the puzzles would be different, and you’d get to explore a different part of the game from your previous play through.

For example, in one play through of Spy Fox in Dry Cereal, you’d have to find the right key to de-activate William the Kid’s Milky Weapon of Destruction by moving mirrors to re-direct laser beams. But in another play through, you’d have to shut off the power by moving the carrots on strings out of reach of the gerbils running on hamster wheels, then use your night-vision shoe to see in the dark and pick the right diode.

In some cases, even the ending would be completely different. In one Freddi Fish play through, Claude the Crab would be the one who stole Uncle Blenny’s golden conch shell, but in another, Nadine the Narwhal would be the culprit.

What I’m saying is, what if modern-day mystery games did something similar where the solution to each case was different on every play through? There’d be a different set of puzzles and evidence trails for each possible murderer, and which one was correct would be randomized each time.

oh, i totally remember that, i played the freddi fish games a bunch flower; 

danganronpa has enough side content that i could see why people would replay them to get to some of the 'lore' of characters and such....the mysteries are so intertwined to the main plot tho, i have no idea how those games could possibly change their setup, tho i dont necessarily think that's a bad thing either

it would be cool to see more mystery games mess w the format a bit more to encourage more REAL replays tho i can understand why they don't since that'd be really hard to pull off and make the whole overarching game seem coherent 

i could see famicom detective club making use of something like that tho, despite being 'one case' games 

8 hours ago, Spring said:

i hear people praise LiS all the time but i watched someone play about half of it when it originally came out and the writing was so off-putting to me that it put me off wanting to play the series at all, forever lmao 

I played it on Gamepass cuz free and my sister-in-law said it was good. That's it. 

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Not even close to my type of game either. The second one was decent enough.

---

I'm actually super stoked about that Guardians of the Galaxy game. Looks like it has a lot of potential. And although they crank the titles out, R6 Extraction piqued my interest as well. Finally, more Back4Blood info is always gravy, can't wait for it.

Skimmed through the PC Gaming Show last night (thank goodness for timestamps to save time) - a few curious things, but not sure on them overall that I don’t remember atm so I don’t think that one was too great overall to me, imo

Also mostly listened to Square Enix too last night - had nothing of interest to me, so that one was meh to me

Not sure if there’s any other presentations reaction videos I’m missing that I haven’t watched just yet - going to have to check and recompile my list of games for organizational purposes too because i have things all over the place

Think I watched Dummer Games Fest already  - Tiny Tina’s Wonderland looks pretty interesting and amusing - might be something I’ll be interested in

Comes out in early 22 so not too long of a wait...

Can’t recall if there was anything else of interest from that, though...

I don't know if i had posted before, but still had this stuff in the editor and apparently i had watched the Summer Games Fest 2021 before already

Spoiler

Pretty much the only things i might be interested in:

Summer Games 2021:

Planet of Lana (maybe? Not sure)
Endless Dungeon (Maybe?)
Tunic
Tribes of Midgard (Maybe?)

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Sable
Two Point Campus?
Anacrusis
Tales of Arise

Also remembered the last two i watched last night:

PC Gaming Show: (not entirely sure on any of these atm - will have to look more into later)
Giga Bash
Lemis Gate
Ixion
Lumberhill
Tinykin
Sacrifire
The Wandering Village

Indie Showcase:
LifeSlide
Moolander
Ghost Jump Neko

I think i'm interested in Freedom Games' Dreamscaper, though i'm not sure atm

Honestly, i think that's it - i can't think of any other press conference that's worth watching off the top of my head... think i'll just be able to watch reaction videos just for fun and curiosity now

Going to have to compile a list so i'll be able to add them to my Backloggery wishlist

There were more games than i originally thought... wonder how many of these games i'm interested in are also coming to Switch...