The Links at Mushroom Kingdom - N4A Chat Thread - June 2021

EH_STEVE

Skimmed through the Wholesome Direct after watching the Mario + Rabbids Spark of Hope reveal through a reaction video of the presentation, and there were some interesting looking things that caught my interest that surprised me that I’ll have to look into further later: (in no specific order since i jumped around in the video)

Amber Isle

Woodo

LEGO Builders Journey

The Garden Path

Cat Designer Mocha

Snacko

Ooblets

Pekoe

Beasts of Marvalla Island

Paralives

The Gecko Gods

Behind the Twilight Tasomachi

Haven’t skimmed through Microsoft/ Bethesdas yet, but sounds like Starfield is coming out in 2022, The Outer Worlds 2 is being worked on (haven’t looked into or played the first one) and some new stuff for Fallout 76 is coming (still haven’t decided if I’ll get that or not)

Haven’t seen the trailers for those though, only screenshots

Might consider skimming through Square Enix, but not sure if there will be anything there that will interest me

Edited by Shadow118

Wait, but Paper Mario was released February 5th in 2001... I remember getting it for my birthday just a few days after release. You folks are 4 months late. y;

I feel like TTYD falls into this paradox that when people think of "Paper Mario" they think of TTYD rather than the original. And most people who like TTYD completely disregard the original. Kingdom Hearts has the same problem, where apparently everyone started with 2, and write off the first game.

23 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

Wait, but Paper Mario was released February 5th in 2001... I remember getting it for my birthday just a few days after release. You folks are 4 months late. y;

I feel like TTYD falls into this paradox that when people think of "Paper Mario" they think of TTYD rather than the original. And most people who like TTYD completely disregard the original. Kingdom Hearts has the same problem, where apparently everyone started with 2, and write off the first game.

I think TTYD is superior, but I don't think the original is bad at all. Sometimes sequels do better than their predecessors. There's lots of games like this. 

And don't blame me, my dad doesn't work at Nintendo. 

8 hours ago, Spring said:

i dont think TTYD is superior, tho it did improve on the original in a lot of ways...i have about the same love for both, which is how i feel about pikmin 1 and 2, too

both are great flower; 

I have never played the original Paper Mario

Found a different full reaction video of the Wholesome Direct and watched that all the way through - there were a LOT of games showcased than i realized with quick, back to back announcements which is appreciative 

A lot more new things compared to my previous list:

Spoiler

Recolit (new - maybe?)

Snacko

A little to the left (new - uncertain?)

Ooblets

Spirit Swap (new - uncertain)

Behind the Frame (new - uncertain)

Here Comes Niko (new)

Pekoe (maybe?)

Yokai Inn (maybe? Probably not?)

Mythic Ocean (new)

Kokopa’s Atlas (new)

Button City (new - maybe?)

Beasts of Maravilla Island (Interested)

Paralives (new - unsure)

Dordogne (new - maybe?)

The Gecko Gods

Behind the Twilight Tasomachi

Please Be Happy (new - unsure?)

BattleCakes (new - maybe?)

Bear & Breakfast (new - unsure?)

Sally (new - unsure)

Soup Pot (new - maybe?)

Cloud Jumper (new - maybe?)

MoonGlow Bay (new - Unsure)

Witchery Academy (new - high interest)

Amber Isle (somewhat interested)

Woodo (Interested)

Wytchwood (new)

Moonshell Island (new)

Frogsong Island (new)

LEGO Builders Journey

Book of Travels (new)

Toodee and Topdee (new - not sure?)

The Garden Path 

The Outbound Ghost (new)

Dreamland Confectionary (new)

Cat Designer Mocha 

Co-Open (new- maybe?)

Cat Cafe Manager (new - unsure)

KreatureKind (new - uncertain)

Seasonspree (new)

Fire Tonight (new - unsure)

Loddlenaut (new - unsure)

Some of them have caught my interest, and some I'm not fully sure on or uncertain on currently

looks like there’s a separate Indie showcase I’ll have to take a look at later, but probably not a high priority right now since I’m watching something else atm

I feel like getting my first perfect against a human player on Sol is a mark of dishonor because I just rolled my face on the controller and a bunch of volcanic vipers and bandit bringers came out theydonothing;

most paper mario games barring sticker star are good to amazing, but the best is probably the origami ki--WHY ARE YOU BOOING ME, I'M RIGHT

Huh - Mario + Ranbids Gold Edition is on sale

Probably coincidence considering i was just talking about how often I’ve seem it on sale...

Though it would put me down to $22.95 on my card, but I’d be saving roughly $67/$68 dollars on an $83 game... which isn’t bad savings for a game that came out in 2017 - doubt it will get any cheaper than this

I can’t think of too many other games or things at the moment to spend it on  

Though Beasts of Maraville Island came out a few days ago and that’s around $10, so that’s not too bad of a price - that looks like a pretty good game

And might scratch that itch until I’m able to get around to buy Pokémon Snap 2...