Anyone played the Scarlet Nexus Demo?

I've played the demo on PS4. I didn't even know this was coming to PS4/PS5, thought this was XBOX one and Series exclusive.

Anyways, there's two protagonists you can plays as; a boy who wields a sword and use psychokinesis and a girl who wields short range daggers and also use psychokensis. I played as the boy first and as awesome it is to pull off moves, something felt off. Once I was done with his portion I went to the girl and everything just clicked. I don't have anything against ranged weapons in 3rd person games but I tend to lean to hand to hand combat whether that is with fists or a blunt object. At least for me and how the gameplay is with psychokensis, range weapons is a better fit for me in actually liking this game more.

What's also funny is that the boy has more interesting abilities than the girl with psychokensis. I think the reason for that is the boy is a rookie on the scene while the girl is more a veteran on the scene. So depending on your playstyle and preference of weapon, you have a choice. As for playing as both, I don't think you can alternate these characters nor do I think there's section you play as either. Maybe similar but not exactly like the twin protagonists in Astral Chain, where if you play as one sibling the other will accompany you in some missions. This game plays nothing like Astral Chain but the feel and atmosphere of the world is similar.

If you like the look, the gameplay and the feel of the world, I'd say it is worth playing the demo to see for yourself.

Game comes out June 25th on PS4/PS5, XBOX one/ Series and PC   

• 4 weeks later...

Scarlet Nexus came out today on all platforms you can think of.

The above video is not a review but I think this video does a better job than any review video or before you buy.

It let's you know what the world, the character, the gameplay segments and anime in greater detail I've see or I could explain.

I implore anyone who have passing interest to watch and/or play the demo. I think this will be a sleep hit of the year.

Edited by DLurkster