Male Birth Control

luigitornado

Male Birth Control  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take male birth control?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I'm a woman.

10 minutes ago, Mao said:

Okay, so that one guy is just an asshole. Noted for future conversations. I might post a novel later, but first want to get to Iridium. 

Transgender at the most basic level is someone who is born with one binary sex (male or female)  and identifies completely and totally as the opposite of that. (guy born biologically sexed male identifies completely and totally as a woman. There are no leftover masculine traits.)

Non binary (genderqueer) is basically everything else. People who feel like they have neither masculine or feminine traits (agender), people who feel like they have both masculine and feminine traits simultaneously (bigender) , or even people who feel a mix of all three: masculine, feminine , and none (trigendered). Yes, it's possible for people to feel they are both simultaneously male, female, and neither of them at the same time. 

Transgendered people don't ever feel this duality of gender. They feel completely and totally the opposite  of their sex. That's what separates them from genderqueer individuals because genderqueer folk don't possess one gender trait.

This is mostly an accurate explanation and I appreciate it, but I do want to say that in the trans spaces I frequent, "transgender" is commonly defined as "having a gender identity different from the one assigned at birth." As everybody is assigned either male or female at birth this by default includes non-binary and genderqueer people. I see a lot of people who aren't exclusively male or female consider themselves under the trans umbrella, but of course there are a few who prefer not to identify with it.

Edited by Link
23 minutes ago, SatoshiKyu said:

But in the end words are only words, and this is just the internet. Nothing here actually matters, not really. 

This isn't true though, which was my whole point. It's flat out wrong and dangerous to think this way. You're enabling awful behavior. This is the exact excuse you hear from trolls who harass people on social media for fun, and much worse. Do you even realize the hill you're dying on? Do you have any idea what people go through because of this child-like, sociopathic ethos?

This is really frustrating because I get the sense you do know, and you just don't care. Which makes it impossible to communicate. There's no getting through to you. Because you fundamentally don't get that the people on the other side of the screen are real. And that puts me, and everyone else here, at a disadvantage. Of course you won't listen, we're on the internet. You are literally unreachable.

3 minutes ago, Link said:

This is mostly an accurate explanation and I appreciate it, but I do want to say that in the trans spaces I frequent, "transgender" is commonly defined as "having a gender identity different from the one assigned at birth." As everybody is assigned either male or female at birth this by default includes non-binary and genderqueer people. I see a lot of people who aren't exclusively male or female consider themselves under the trans umbrella, but of course there are a few who prefer not to identify with it.

I was trying to keep it simple and easy to understand. When I say biologically sexed I'm referring to the gender they're assigned at birth, but yeah there are circles in the trans community that include non binary under their umbrella because society at large can easily wrap their head around one group rather than two separate ones.

you already left but i'll do it anyway

19 minutes ago, SatoshiKyu said:

Ultimately I'm simply intimating that I didn't intend for my dank maymays to be offensive.

whether you intended to be offensive or not doesn't make it better

also victim blaming

21 minutes ago, SatoshiKyu said:

I would just fucking ignore it?

believe it or not

this is not an option for a lot of people

let's talk bout this in the context of racism because it'll be easier

racism isn't just saying "hey i hate those people with that shade of skin". it's a near constant assault of tiny cuts, often inflicted by others without them even thinking about it or even intending to

it colors your every interaction with others

it can't be ignored

34 minutes ago, SatoshiKyu said:

Because again I don't care what people on the internet see me as.

clearly

23 minutes ago, SatoshiKyu said:

Utter lunatics wailing about how all men should die and how white people are the devil... somehow, through some leap of truly non-elucidan logic.

oh boy rad fem tumblr

yes, they are crazy

nobody other than certain groups really take them seriously

yes i certainly would prefer to see them made less visible

they make it hard because they're too often what boys (and girls) think feminism is considering that's probably their first exposure to it

31 minutes ago, SatoshiKyu said:

freedom of speech

pzmA4U3.gif

how to handle when you offend someone but didn't mean to

"I'm offended" or something that gets that point across

"oh i'm sorry, i didn't mean any offense by it, i won't do it again"

:hamwink:

even if you disagree with them being offended, or they are "misinterpreting" what you say, for the sake of peace and civility, just say sorry and move on

This isn't even "turn the other cheek" this is accidentally stepping on someone toes, or them thinking you stepped on their toes. Just apologize and move on.

7 minutes ago, Sheri said:

how to handle when you offend someone but didn't mean to

"I'm offended" or something that gets that point across

"oh i'm sorry, i didn't mean any offense by it, i won't do it again"

:hamwink:

even if you disagree with them being offended, or they are "misinterpreting" what you say, for the sake of peace and civility, just say sorry and move on

This isn't even "turn the other cheek" this is accidentally stepping on someone toes, or them thinking you stepped on their toes. Just apologize and move on.

+ don't do the freeze peach argument because it makes it clear that you don't understand free speech as a concept

Free speech means to government can't fuck you for having opposing political beliefs. It doesn't mean anybody has to deal with your shit. Or that you can even saying anything and the government won't fuck you. If you saying anything along the lines of assassinating a political figure (I don't even make up a fake example of that statement cause I'm paranoid as fuck) the secret service is gonna fuck you 6 ways to Sunday, even if you didn't mean it.

When did people start believing free speech meant you can say whatever you want with no consequences? It was pretty clearly never that.

1 hour ago, SatoshiKyu said:

That way they're not checking someone for prostate cancer only to find out they weren't born with a penis and so don't have a prostate gland.

Fun fact, some women are born with a prostate gland, it's what allows them to "squirt". It's also why some women can't, because they aren't all born with it. It's not really a "defect" or a "mutation" it's just too common to be either. It's all genetics.

Obviously the prostate glad it woefully underdeveloped.

Another fun fact, male memory glands are fully functional, men just don't get the hormonal signal to fully develop them. Note, I said fully develop. They're still perfectly capable of producing milk, even if the breasts still look distinctly male, if they get the hormonal signal to produce it. Matter of fact, there are cases of men lactating. Not even hormonal shots, they just do because of a weird normal mishap.

Human biology is infinitely interesting. It's also not nearly as binary as people think it is. The only difference between and a male and female brain is chemistry. They are exactly the same otherwise. So, theoretically, you can turn a male brain into a female brain by changing their hormones, but at that point you've reached nazi scientist levels of "Fucking don't?"

Edited by Sheri

You can make the argument that, yes, if you're gay and won't be needing birth control you can just answer no. But that sort of tarnishes the goal of the poll. Which is more aimed at straight guys who are in hetero relationships. (Or gay guys with trans men partners) If you have a percentage of gay guys who have same sex partners coming in and voting "No" because the poll really does not apply to them at all, it's gonna mess with the results of the poll. Especially if you're trying to determine if more or less guys who are in relationships that would require birth control would be willing to take male birth control. Gay guys who are in same sex relationships voting no ruins the point of the whole poll.

So, in a controlled environment where you know the sexuality and relationship status of everyone answering, you'd be right and you wouldn't need a "No, because my partner shares the same sex as I do" option. But since there is no control in your respondents, you should work to cover as many angles as possible to keep your results accurate to what the goal of the poll is.

Edited by Mao