Male Birth Control

luigitornado

Male Birth Control  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take male birth control?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I'm a woman.

24 minutes ago, Ferry said:

This poll misses the option 'I'm gay'. pretty sure same sex couples won't need birth control 

... Anyone who doesn't need birth control, isn't being polled. It's a poll about birth control. Obviously if someone is unlikely to be attempting procreation any time soon, their input is probably not required or conducive to the discussion in any way.

You know what this poll is also missing? The 'I'm female' option. It's a question about specifically male birth control, aimed specifically at people who are male, but obviously it's important to note in the data that women don't need male birth control. That's is clearly an important statistic. 

EDIT: I feel fairly silly now having realized there is an 'I'm female' option, but I stand by my point that such doesn't actually add to the discussion. Obviously if you're female you're not going to be taking male birth control, so the point is entirely moot. Would be like me raising my opinion in a thread about female birth control or something like that. I can speak up but I'm not actually adding anything, as the topic is not aimed at me.

Edited by SatoshiKyu
Just now, SatoshiKyu said:

... Anyone who doesn't need birth control, isn't being polled. It's a poll about birth control. Obviously if someone is unlikely to be attempting procreation any time soon, their input is probably not required or conducive to the discussion in any way.

You know what this poll is also missing? The 'I'm female' option. It's a question about specifically male birth control, aimed specifically at people who are male, but obviously it's important to note in the data that women don't need male birth control. That's is clearly an important statistic. 

Um that is an option. It says woman.

4 minutes ago, Shulk said:

Um that is an option. It says woman.

7 minutes ago, chickadee said:

there's already a no option lmao how hard do u need to say no to a straightforward question

also there already is an 'i'm a female' option, satoshi theydonothing; 

Yeah I know, I edited my post a minute ago. Feel fairly silly about that one now, but my point remains valid. The topic is clearly aimed at males, so knowing that some percentage of the people that entered it are female (or homosexual for that matter) doesn't actually add anything to the discussion. 

47 minutes ago, Link said:

There are plenty of same-gender / queer couples that have a use for birth control, considering the existence of transgender, intersex and non-binary individuals.

While condoms and other sources are used for birth control, I'd say in the case of those individuals it's being used as protection against STDs. Something that a pill would not protect against. Hense this topic doesn't apply to such people.

Just now, Shulk said:

While condoms and other sources are used for birth control, I'd say in the case of those individuals it's being used as protection against STDs. Something that a pill would not protect against. Hense this topic doesn't apply to such people.

The key words there were "transgender, intersex, and non-binary people". They still can run into pregnancy issues. 

5 minutes ago, ace said:

The key words there were "transgender, intersex, and non-binary people". They still can run into pregnancy issues. 

32 minutes ago, Shulk said:

1 hour ago, Link said:

There are plenty of same-gender / queer couples that have a use for birth control, considering the existence of transgender, intersex and non-binary individuals.

Question 1: Are you physically capable of putting a bun in someone's oven?

Question 2: Are you likely to be interacting with someone whose oven is capable of baking said bun?

If the answer to these questions is YES, refer to the poll for your options. If the answer to one or more of these questions is NO, the question is not for you

People can be trigender pyrofoxes and sexually identify as Apache attack helicopters all they like, but if you don't produce semen you're not getting anyone pregnant, and if you aren't getting nasty with someone who can get pregnant you're not about to start popping out kids any time soon. No seed will sprout in barren soil and fertile ground can't sow itself. 

It really should not be difficult to figure out if this poll concerns you.