765 Productions - N4A Chat Thread - May 2021

I'm planning on doing some streaming stuff, but as a guy who knows vocal performance is key, I want to get the right audio to work with. Here is my plan: 

Neewer NW-700 Professional Condenser Microphone & NW-35 Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand with XLR Cable and Mounting Clamp & NW-3 Pop Filter & 48V Phantom Power Supply with Adapter Kit 

Alesis MultiMix 4 USB FX | 4 Channel Compact Studio Mixer with Built In Effects & USB Audio Interface for Home Studio Recording 

A Basic Microphone Stand 

A Windscreen  

I don't have much money, but want some decent audio. Any thoughts?

SMTJOEY.thumb.jpg.5e7f4c061f53be722ef45ee76c4c85be.jpg

I'm the Rattata inside you
I have your back to the wall
Survive the fall from grace
Wear the comfy and easy to wear shorts of the wrath of Arceus

(One more God rejected!)
(One more God rejected!)
(One more God rejected!)

(F.E.A.R!)
Fear Arceus and give top-percentage to him
For the hour of his
Judgement has come to you!

(Now!)
When the thousand years have expired
Chrom will be released

(One more God rejected!)
(One more God rejected!)
(One more God rejected!)

(F.E.A.R!)
Fear Arceus and give top-percentage to him
For the hour of his

Edited by Youngster Joey
10 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I'm planning on doing some streaming stuff, but as a guy who knows vocal performance is key, I want to get the right audio to work with. Here is my plan: 

Neewer NW-700 Professional Condenser Microphone & NW-35 Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand with XLR Cable and Mounting Clamp & NW-3 Pop Filter & 48V Phantom Power Supply with Adapter Kit 

Alesis MultiMix 4 USB FX | 4 Channel Compact Studio Mixer with Built In Effects & USB Audio Interface for Home Studio Recording 

A Basic Microphone Stand 

A Windscreen  

I don't have much money, but want some decent audio. Any thoughts?

any half decent mic is generally fine. i wouldn't blow a lot until you're sure it's something you want to do regularly.
if you wanna be rigorous, a lot of your quality is gonna come from room acoustics.
you'll need to go through the effort of buying foam or using whatever diy stuff you want to reduce echo
and making sure to use audio compression and such
i also streamed thousands of hours with 10k follows on twitch using garbage though y;
most important aspects will always be your content and consistency

Edited by April

Since I'll be doing my audio in a smaller space room, using those huge crane mics so far is out of the question. 

Adding a desktop mic stand and getting a few of those audio foams. Off course, I'm also getting a windscreen and the pop filter is included with the microphone. 

The price range so far is around $220.  

As for game recording, I got both the Elgato HD60 and HD.  

I'm using a Logitech webcam for video or whatever. I know basic video cameras these days are really expensive these days. There's no way I'm shelving huge money for that yet. My brother is a lot more hands on with that anyways.  

21 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

As for game recording, I got both the Elgato HD60 and HD. 

?? why? they're the exact same thing except the former one supports 1080p/60 and the latter can only do 60 on 720p iirc

6 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

What's the most recent console that there's a working emulator of?

i think there are a couple different switch emulators already. i tried one called yuzu a year ago when i couldn't get animal crossing right away lol. it's made by the citra devs iirc (the really good 3ds emulator).

it was still very much a work in progress esp given the recency of the game, but it definitely was getting there.

Maria Balthasar: a character whose defining ability is that she remote-controls a giant robot, in a game where every other party member also owns a giant robot.

Her first major objective in the story is to prevent the bad guys from stealing her giant robot, all while using said giant robot to beat up the random mooks in the dungeon that she must traverse in order to prevent it from being stolen.