765 Productions - N4A Chat Thread - May 2021

https://blog.cloudflare.com/tunnel-for-everyone/

Just gonna nerd out for a bit and say how cool this is. I migrated some personal websites (including Ninfora) to Cloudflare Tunnels yesterday and it was so easy. I was then able to turn off Traefik entirely and close up ports 80 and 443.

I seriously love this model so much. To think I could even trivially host a website from a CG-NAT connection using this, if I so desired (which I don't :P).

>three-minute long cutscene of Billy summoning his Gear, which had not been playable up to this point, thus leaving the player hyped up for something awesome

>immediately after said cutscene is a boss fight that is completely immune to damage unless you also have Elly in the party, whom is not a required party member

>thus, it is entirely possible for the overly-dramatic summoning sequence of Billy's Gear to lead directly into an unwinnable boss fight, forcing the player to reset the game and put Elly in their party

Great game design!

I'm finished with most of the online video game design classes I've been working on for the past few months, and the last thing I have to do is... character design. 

I'm not good with drawing and sketching, or I think I'm mediocre at best; but I passed the first week with a 8/8, so maybe I'll get lucky. I somehow passed beginning stage craft and costume design when I was in college, even though I'm not the best when it comes to this stuff. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

Even 4 years after the Switch being on the market, I've never even thought of it replacing my 3DS. I still play it most days, and I have a huge backlog (mostly Atlus titles) to tackle. Along with some of the best games Nintendo has produced in the past decade, there's plenty of reason for the 3DS to remain active.

I'm also biased in the fact the 3DS was there all through out college, and I look back fondly on the days of getting together with people for Pokemon X & Y, Animal Crossing, and Smash.

2 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

Even 4 years after the Switch being on the market, I've never even thought of it replacing my 3DS. I still play it most days, and I have a huge backlog (mostly Atlus titles) to tackle. Along with some of the best games Nintendo has produced in the past decade, there's plenty of reason for the 3DS to remain active.

I'm also biased in the fact the 3DS was there all through out college, and I look back fondly on the days of getting together with people for Pokemon X & Y, Animal Crossing, and Smash.

I use my 3DS for the Ace Attorney games because I still have the cartridges and love playing them on the 3DS. Also Advance Wars DS.

Got my PSP and in a weird turn of events not deciding to get another path and skip over the DS Taiko games because there isn't much to them compared to the Wii and WiiU Taiko games. Because of that going to plan on getting a Japanese WiiU to play the Taikos there. 

Edited by "Casual Trash" Kirbys

I just started playing Soul Hackers on 3DS yesterday. Good so far. Almost ran out of magnetite, not knowing that I needed it to have my demons summoned out. Also there's no good voice option. There's auto-play, but there's no way of toggling it off during scenes. And if you don't have it on, you instead hear this annoying "BING" every time you press the button to advance dialogue. Voice volume is also very low with no option to adjust sound. Also demons don't level up, which is weird.