765 Productions - N4A Chat Thread - May 2021

4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Really? Ours lets us pick which one.

The maritime provinces have had a generally better rollout than a lot of the other provinces.

In Ontario it’s been a slow drip-feed, and you take what’s available that day if you’re going through the health unit. It’s also a tightly controlled list of people allowed to sign up for the mRNA ones, for some reason (probably a supply issue).

But if you’re cool with Astrazeneca, you could just go into many Ontario pharmacies at this point and get the shots (for adults). But even then there’s a supply pressure so getting one is not guaranteed, and there’s been all sorts of frustration across Ontario due to how this rollout is happening.

4 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

The maritime provinces have had a generally better rollout than a lot of the other provinces.

In Ontario it’s been a slow drip-feed, and you take what’s available that day if you’re going through the health unit. It’s also a tightly controlled list of people allowed to sign up for the mRNA ones, for some reason (probably a supply issue).

But if you’re cool with Astrazeneca, you could just go into many Ontario pharmacies at this point and get the shots (for adults). But even then there’s a supply pressure so getting one is not guaranteed, and there’s been all sorts of frustration across Ontario due to how this rollout is happening.

Our bookings for AZ booked up almost immediately. AZ is available for 40+ and the others are 50+. All appointments book up quickly.

3 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Our bookings for AZ booked up almost immediately. AZ is available for 40+ and the others are 50+. All appointments book up quickly.

You have a lot more seniors/older adults on average, right? It makes sense that AZ distribution would specifically be taxed, given  the national recommendations for who should receive what vaccine (as in, generally older adults have the smallest of the already pretty small risk for AZ). 

As I said, we cannot pick which mRNA we can receive at all, here. Our “choice” is “wait until you’re called up to apply for one of the vaccines given out by the health unit” or “wait until your local pharmacy/health provider has a stock of AZ and your age group is green-lit to get it”.

10 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

You have a lot more seniors/older adults on average, right? It makes sense that AZ distribution would specifically be taxed, given  the national recommendations for who should receive what vaccine (as in, generally older adults have the smallest of the already pretty small risk for AZ). 

As I said, we cannot pick which mRNA we can receive at all, here. Our “choice” is “wait until you’re called up to apply for one of the vaccines given out by the health unit” or “wait until your local pharmacy/health provider has a stock of AZ and your age group is green-lit to get it”.

Yeah it's a pretty older population here

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Got my second Moderna shot today. I'm sore asf, but I rather be somewhat protected than not.

Me and my little bro are getting our first one tomorrow. It says we're supposed to be getting the Pfizer vax. Hopefully everything goes well and we won't be too sore.

I don't really like getting shots, but this has to be done.

Edited by alienboyva
10 hours ago, ace said:

I’ll also pile on and say Control is an incredible game. The world it builds is just so damn cool, especially if you like SCP-style stuff. 

Plus it looks hella nice if you have one of them there RTX graphics cards coolkong;

It sure as Hell better if this PC cost me 1.7k theydonothing;

Now I'm at the part where you fight Elly in her Gear while she's high on crack. The guide I'm following says to use a certain fighting game combo when my attack level is at 2, but no matter how many turns I waste doing nothing, it never goes above level 1.

On top of all that, every time I die, I have to re-fight those two mooks, followed by the Three Stooges, and then sit through three minutes of unskippable cutscenes before I can try again.anhero;