Pokemon Snap Gallery Thread- New Areas in August!

• Chrom featured this topic

Posted this in the review but now that I've completed it:

On 5/7/2021 at 1:36 PM, EH_STEVE said:

Would've posted this in the gallery thread, but since I haven't been to all areas I wanted to avoid spoilers.

Quests. Should. Clear. If. You. Complete. Them.

I HATE getting an awesome, or rare, shot only to have it then be a quest and I gotta do it again. Also, it seems like if I don't swap my picture to one requested in the Quest, it doens't count as clearing it. I'm NOT getting rid of a 4500 point, super adorable shot, so I can clear a quest with a 1200 point shot that will replace the one in my Dex. I don't know if this is a bug, or maybe my photo isn't actually meeting the requirements? (I doubt it, as the Professor the legit same thing re: pose that the Quest requested, but the score was 600 points lower so I kept it as is and it didn't clear). It's hella frustrating. I've disliked the "unlock a thing to unlock it" part of games. If I already did it, just unlock it and complete it in one go please.

After a session out, why is there no "Return to Map" option? Why must I always return to the Camp? Even if the Professor has no news to share, I gotta go through 2 loading screens for zero reason.

Why can't I change Skill Level when I select Retry? Basically the same complaint as above.

Maybe this is unlocked postgame, but there needs to be a "xx/##" for how many Pokemon you've took a photo of for an area. I replayed a stage a dozen times grinding to get to Skill 3, only to find Skill 2 was the max. I was CONVINVED I was missing a big secret route and a ton of Pokemon. But nope, just hit few more poses and maxed it. It was a relief, but kind of a pain.

How the hell does scoring work? Magikarp for example is in multiple stages. Okay. So if his 1 and 2 star poses are in two different stages, do I get the points I've already earned for those in a new stage? Or do I need to submit a 1 star and 2 star photo, get it assessed, and then get my points? Back to my previous point. I did multiple runs of "okay, only submit 1-stars this time", "only submit 2-stars this time" because I had no idea what I was getting/missing points for. Again, this is because I thought the stage still had a whole 3 Skill section which made me think I was missing out on a TON, but there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation on what you're getting exp for.

Holy shit the default sensitivity settings suck.

Also, the game is super adorable and incredible, and I play it for hours everyday. Thank you.

I think I'm only missing 2 or 3 Pokemon, just over 200 registered, which is astounding considering the first game had what, 60? There is massive replayability and quite a bit of content in this game. A lot of 'secret' photo ops that are completely adorable or magical, that honestly make playing the same level 10 times in a row worth it. Despite my list of complaints above, it honestly feels like they went all out for the fans for this long-awaited sequel.

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Posted this in the review but now that I've completed it:

I think I'm only missing 2 or 3 Pokemon, just over 200 registered, which is astounding considering the first game had what, 60? There is massive replayability and quite a bit of content in this game. A lot of 'secret' photo ops that are completely adorable or magical, that honestly make playing the same level 10 times in a row worth it. Despite my list of complaints above, it honestly feels like they went all out for the fans for this long-awaited sequel.

I think there are 213/215, at 202 myself. A few secret routes alude me though. Remember to share pics here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Art_de_Cat changed the title to Pokemon Snap Gallery Thread- New Areas in August!

Cool ya shrink. Pokemon gone, 'Honey, I shrunk the Pokemon' sorta of. (not exactly but should know what I mean)

I haven't touched this game nor am I nowhere near beating it as, I can blame my Switch backlog but the recent purchase of other Switch games after New Pokemon Snap got in the way. I am prioritizing games that will take a short while to beat compare to those that will take 12-20hrs or more to beat. New Pokemon Snap may be on the short list but from what I heard about going back the course for research point really adds up especially when you don't get to move fast till the very end of the game or choose where you want snap a Pokemon you either have not or in a pose you haven't got. Just have to see wants I get back in. I will check this DLC update, I wonder if you have to beat the game or played it some to access those courses and shrinking mechanic? Will find out next Tuesday!

I'm liking the look of this new DLC and new areas

Looks like there's new Pokemon too - i haven't played it yet, so i wouldn't be able to tell which ones those would be or are - nice to see Typhlosion getting some spotlight in this, at least

The miniaturized feature is pretty cool, though

Considering i haven't bought it yet, this extra content will be nice - though i wonder what or if we'll see any future DLC in the future? Curious to see what else what else they could do in the future...

I'll get around to buying it off the Eshop... at some point