Jump to content

The Photogenic Lental Region - N4A Chat Thread - April 2021


Recommended Posts

Happy belated birthday @EH_STEVEGlad you had a good one. :) 

 

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This made me laugh. hamham;

 

 

 

This is very well done. If you told me this was something Nintendo teamed up with the BBC to put out as a fun thing for April Fools, I would totally believe you!

 

Something about BoTW and a BBC style documentary just works so well.

Link to post
33 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Happy belated birthday @EH_STEVEGlad you had a good one. :) 

 

 

This is very well done. If you told me this was something Nintendo teamed up with the BBC to put out as a fun thing for April Fools, I would totally believe you!

 

Something about BoTW and a BBC style documentary just works so well.

 

Word. It was just a joy to watch.

Link to post

 

Assuming this isn't just a belated April Fools joke, it brings up several logistical questions:

 

If "swearing" and "sexually explicit language" are separate options, how can it tell the difference between, for example, "I fucking love this" and "I fucked your mom"?

 

Why is the N-word a separate option from racism/xenophobia?

 

Why does it have a simple on/off switch instead of a slider like the other options?

 

For that matter, how do the sliders even work? "Hmmm... I was planning on setting the misogyny to 'make me a sandwich', but after that last boss fight, I think I'll set it to 'c-word' instead..."

Link to post

I'm curious how it would work too. For a recording, sure. But live? Nahhhh. No way it could figure shit out quickly enough, especially contextual ones, unless they lag the voicechat.

 

If anything, they should just implement this to track what users say what, and then just block them based on preferences. But I can see people taking that as an invasion of privacy.

Link to post

I'm currently replaying Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations. I wish instead of just letting you have every character, they instead gave you a limited mix of Hoshidan and Nohrian characters. All these characters make it a nightmare to search for one.

I'm attempting a "complete" playthrough where I do all the DLC as well. I did something similar with Awakening before, but in order to do the Xenologue chapters featuring the kids, I needed to marry everyone off so the kids had the stats and abilities to survive. Is that the same case here?

Link to post
13 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I'm currently replaying Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations. I wish instead of just letting you have every character, they instead gave you a limited mix of Hoshidan and Nohrian characters. All these characters make it a nightmare to search for one.

I'm attempting a "complete" playthrough where I do all the DLC as well. I did something similar with Awakening before, but in order to do the Xenologue chapters featuring the kids, I needed to marry everyone off so the kids had the stats and abilities to survive. Is that the same case here?

 

Yes, you still need to pair everyone up. However, there are a few things to keep in mind:

 

*If your playing as Male Corrin, it's possible to lock yourself out of one of the child units because there aren't enough waifus in the main genepool for every child-bearing man in your army. To avoid this, Male Corrin must marry Reina, Anna, Flora, or one of the female child units.

*Female Corrin can marry basically anyone she wants without having to worry about erasing any children from existence, but if she marries anyone other than Izana, Fuga, Shura, Gunter, or one of the male child units, there will be one fertile waifu who is left childless. Make sure that waifu is not Azura, or else you'll lock yourself out of Shigure.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

 

Yes, you still need to pair everyone up. However, there are a few things to keep in mind:

 

*If your playing as Male Corrin, it's possible to lock yourself out of one of the child units because there aren't enough waifus in the main genepool for every child-bearing man in your army. To avoid this, Male Corrin must marry Reina, Anna, Flora, or one of the female child units.

*Female Corrin can marry basically anyone she wants without having to worry about erasing any children from existence, but if she marries anyone other than Izana, Fuga, Shura, Gunter, or one of the male child units, there will be one fertile waifu who is left childless. Make sure that waifu is not Azura, or else you'll lock yourself out of Shigure.

Good to know. I'm picking Reina this time around. So it looks like I should be good, besides the time I'll need to invest in pairing everyone.

Link to post
43 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I'm currently replaying Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations. I wish instead of just letting you have every character, they instead gave you a limited mix of Hoshidan and Nohrian characters. All these characters make it a nightmare to search for one.

I'm attempting a "complete" playthrough where I do all the DLC as well. I did something similar with Awakening before, but in order to do the Xenologue chapters featuring the kids, I needed to marry everyone off so the kids had the stats and abilities to survive. Is that the same case here?

 

I wouldn't say the mix is "limited" as most characters are playable in Revelations; afaik Izana, Scarlet (except joining temporarily for a chapter or two), and Yukimara are the only Fates characters that are not playable in Revelations. Basically, unless a character is one of those three, assume they're playable in Revelations.

 

As Ty mentioned, M!Corrin must go with one of his unique S-supports in order to obtain every child unit. Also, there are a few fringe cases where you, say, if two Hoshido siblings are the only characters left unmarried they cannot marry each other. It's probably better to preplan who these characters will marry just to be safe: Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Xander, Leo, Takumi, Jakob, Silas, Kaze, Saizo, Azama, HInata, Subaki, Hayato, Kaden, Laslow, Odin, Niles, Arthur, Benny, and Keaton.

Edited by Stephen 776
Link to post
  • Chrom locked this topic
  • Chrom unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...