Niantic ✕ Nintendo bringing "Pikmin GO" app to mobile later this year

Pokémon GO creator Niantic and Nintendo are teaming up once again to bring a new Pikmin themed real world AR app, coming later this year...

Hmmm... I'm not sure what they could do with turning Pikmin into a Pokémon GO style game. I love Pokémon GO, so I'm definitely interested in hearing are more about this. Though, I'm not sure if I'd actually play something like this, because I already play Pokémon GO and it world be hard to try and play both when going out and about. I wouldn't want to have to choose one over the other, so would be cool if these games would link up in some way, thus making it not has hard to play both while out and about. 

• alienboyva changed the title to Niantic ✕ Nintendo bringing "Pikmin GO" app to mobile later this year

Pikmin and AR sounds like pretty much the perfect pairing, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities to take adorable pictures with little Pikmin milling about, but I wonder what actual gameplay mechanics Niantic will include. I guess it could just be collect/grow your Pikmin then have them interact with the AR environment to uncover treasure and battle monsters. I wonder what else they could do to make it more uniquely Pikmin though.

• Chrom featured this topic