The Hidden Town of Kasuto - N4A Chat Thread - March 2021

EH_STEVE

1 minute ago, Pichi said:

oh really? i've never seen something like that before. where'd you find it?

just at a local bookstore, they have one bookshelf on the second floor like waaaaay back in the corner with all the manga

probably like nobody knows it's there lol

it was neat though, I'd never seen one like that either...

It’s been 70 degrees out most of the day earlier on  - damn that’s some perfect weather

I’ve been enjoying the fresh air coming in with the window open today  🥰

Also looks like some buds have been sprouting on some plants and trees outside- so looks like plants and flowers will be starting to bloom in the upcoming weeks

____

Also started getting back into Minecraft again the past few weeks

Been liking the seed I got earlier on that i got on my Switch file

Though the past week I copied the seed and started/made the same world on the PC/laptop version and been working on that to catch up to where i am on the Switch world

So far I’ve been liking the layout I’ve been doing on my world on the PC version 

Generation is somewhat different, but at least some things are at the same places still, thankfully - not sure on one of them though

Though i don’t know the chances of it happening, but i got *extremely* lucky fishing up an enchanted book with Fortune III and been doing a lot of strip mining- been getting a decent amount of ores and such.. now im somewhat further than in the Switch version 

Granted i still haven’t made a house for myself in either though... really need to get around to doing that

But aside of some error going on with the Marketplace access, but looks like i can at least login to my account, so there’s that at least - so at least i might be able to play on servers/with others, at least and have that option i guess

And i think i can access achievements too, i think

Can’t say it’s something I’ve tested with my phone’s personal hotspot connection 

Either way maybe I’ll stop procrastinating and checking out random seeds and actually beat it this time

Haven’t messed around with Java and mods in awhile though either... wonder if anything brand new or older stuff has been brought over to newer versions of Minecraft Java?

Finished 'Parks and Rec' - I had started it before years, and we stopped watching it somewhere in the second last season so I just started all over. So good.

Watching 'The Irregulars' now and enjoying it so far.

8 hours ago, Edie Napier said:

I have no idea what the fuck is happening in Death Stranding, but 6 hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot.  It's the kind of meticulous tedium and unsettling ambiance I've been enjoying in games lately.

I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing in Dark Souls, but am enjoying it a lot.

SacAnime (a con that I regularly go to) had a smaller-scale, social-distanced event planned for this weekend in the same vicinity where COVID vaccines were being given out. They had planned this event out far in advance, before the vaccines were even completed, and it just so happened that the vaccinations were scheduled for right before the SacAnime event was to take place. SacAnime even reached out to the health officials and offered to further restrict the scale of their event so that there could be more space to distribute vaccines, but the health officials declined.

However, due to the timing, people are under the impression that SacAnime "booted out" the vaccinations from the vicinity just so they could hold their event. This is not true; it was all a misunderstanding caused by planning out the event ahead of time.

yeah i'd be even more concerned that they just got lucky regarding vaccine timing and otherwise they were willing to gamble on people's health to hold a con.

it's not like any of the other ones are happy to be closed. everybody's in the same boat. it seems really irresponsible at best.

Edited by Pichi
56 minutes ago, ace said:

There shouldn’t be an anime convention right now. Full stop. The fact they’re even moving forwards with the event is beyond fucking stupid

Our con is end of October, our province is expected to be fully vaccinated by July.

They're likely not having ours in-person this year.

5 minutes ago, ace said:

I dunno, refusing to support an organization that thought it was okay to have an in-person event in the middle of a pandemic that’s killed almost 3 million people seems reasonable to me 

That's completely fair to people that can't predict the future and had to make a risky decision y;

I mean people can choose to not go regardless. 

Edited by "Casual Trash" Kirbys
5 hours ago, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

That's completely fair to people that can't predict the future and had to make a risky decision y;

I mean people can choose to not go regardless. 

this logic falls apart because people aren't just endangering themselves when they choose to do these types of things.
seriously, it's been a year. it's hard to believe we're really having this conversation still.
every person who just "decides to go" isn't just putting themselves at risk. they put everybody they come in contact with at risk, too.

and you can bet the majority of people that think it's no big deal to go also don't concern themselves with other people's health.

that's how it's been going for the entirety of the past year, and it's exactly why the fucking pandemic is so much worse here than basically everywhere else.

a risky decision my ass. hold off until it's safe or don't fucking do it. y'all aren't the only ones losing money cause of this virus, and it's not higher priority than people's lives. fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Edited by Pichi