The Hidden Town of Kasuto - N4A Chat Thread - March 2021

EH_STEVE

>browsing Twitter

>see announcement from XSEED that they're removing the Senran Kagura Estival Versus Dead of Alive DLC from the PlayStation Store after March 17th

>immediately whip out my Vita and open the PSN

>have just barely enough funds to buy the Dead or Alive DLC pack

>while I'm here, might as well get the Ikki Tousen pack while I'm at it

>attempt to add funds to my wallet

>"Unable to add funds: Error code *bunch of random numbers that I can't remember off the top of my head*"

wat do?

>get notification that Pyra and Mythra's figures are back in stock on TOM

>immediately pre-order Pyra

>decide to hold off on Mythra until I get my next paycheck in since yesterday was the last day of the previous pay period

>check my bank account

>notice that I got my stimmy this morning

>fuck it, might as well get Mythra now

>go back to TOM

>Mythra is sold out

FUCKING GAMESTOP

Just now, Tyranogre said:

>get notification that Pyra and Mythra's figures are back in stock on TOM

>immediately pre-order Pyra

>decide to hold off on Mythra until I get my next paycheck in since yesterday was the last day of the previous pay period

>check my bank account

>notice that I got my stimmy this morning

>fuck it, might as well get Mythra now

>go back to TOM

>Mythra is sold out

FUCKING GAMESTOP

GameStop is filling my bank, you shut your damn mouth

Playing all the Dark Souls games back to back has been a trip.  Being my first full playthrough of DkS2, I can say with confidence at this point that it's easily the the worst of the three but probably has the best DLC.  It's actually kind of staggering how much better the DLC is than the base game, which I never felt went above feeling pretty mediocre.  Dark Souls 2 is such a weird game where it has a bunch of interesting ideas on paper that are either executed on poorly (soul memory) or just terrible ideas in general (attunement), and the moment-to-moment gameplay feels like it took the wrong lessons from Dark Souls and it's hard without feeling particularly fair or even interesting.  Most of the bosses suck where they don't feel like they have the variety of the first game and the "dudes in armor" complaint wouldn't be so bad if they had the depth of DkS3's bosses and didn't feel just like standard enemies with three to four moves that just happen to have a boss gate around them.  Even some of the things I liked about the game I eventually soured on, like initially appreciating how non-linear the game feels until it basically takes away that freedom in the last half of the game.

It's certainly interesting and still worth playing because it's a souls game and there are still some good things about it (the build variety, the aesthetics and story are probably the most interesting in the series, the health management system is neat), and the DLC is such a wildly different beast than the base game it's hard to even warrant a comparison between the two.  The DLC feels like the game we should've gotten lol.

12 minutes ago, Edie Napier said:

Playing all the Dark Souls games back to back has been a trip.  Being my first full playthrough of DkS2, I can say with confidence at this point that it's easily the the worst of the three but probably has the best DLC.  It's actually kind of staggering how much better the DLC is than the base game, which I never felt went above feeling pretty mediocre.  Dark Souls 2 is such a weird game where it has a bunch of interesting ideas on paper that are either executed on poorly (soul memory) or just terrible ideas in general (attunement), and the moment-to-moment gameplay feels like it took the wrong lessons from Dark Souls and it's hard without feeling particularly fair or even interesting.  Most of the bosses suck where they don't feel like they have the variety of the first game and the "dudes in armor" complaint wouldn't be so bad if they had the depth of DkS3's bosses and didn't feel just like standard enemies with three to four moves that just happen to have a boss gate around them.  Even some of the things I liked about the game I eventually soured on, like initially appreciating how non-linear the game feels until it basically takes away that freedom in the last half of the game.

It's certainly interesting and still worth playing because it's a souls game and there are still some good things about it (the build variety, the aesthetics and story are probably the most interesting in the series, the health management system is neat), and the DLC is such a wildly different beast than the base game it's hard to even warrant a comparison between the two.  The DLC feels like the game we should've gotten lol.

My copy from Amazon of the XB1 trilogy is on its way

On 3/17/2021 at 6:28 PM, Spring said:

happy stimmy day americans and enjoy my stimulating the economy, canada

finally getting myself a new external hard drive after using the same one for over a decade and might even go nuts and get us a new mattress

Nice. What brand was your old drive, if you don't mind me asking. 

My old WD external drive only lasted 7 years. :(

Edited by Doc Brown
56 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Nice. What brand was your old drive, if you don't mind me asking. 

My old WD external drive only lasted 7 years. :(

its a Seagate, 500gb flower;  Even now it's totally fine, my main issue is that I've basically run out of space lol. Was gonna go with the same brand again but decided on a Toshiba for the new one....mostly just because its cute. :D  

i've had a 500gb WD external for 10 years now
i wrenched open the case and turned it into an internal drive cause my weird case i currently have doesn't fit 3.5" drives
and it was cheaper than getting a big ssd lmao

48 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Probably a stupid question, but what's the difference between somebody's ethnicity and their race?

Race generally refers to your genetic origin, ethnicity generally refers to your specific cultural or geographical background.

Like somebody can be white, but their ethnicity could be Irish.  Or somebody can be black but their ethnicity could be French.