The Hidden Town of Kasuto - N4A Chat Thread - March 2021

EH_STEVE

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

End of an era.

From what I recall, the only reason NOA kept their forums around as a support forum after they shut down the NSider forums was for legal reasons. SInce they mentioned it as a customer support method in manuals and/or the back of the box (or whatever) for Wii and DS games, they had to keep them around for a certain number of years. I remember seeing a video about this back in the day, but can't seem to find it anymore (I went down a rabbit hole of NSider nostalgia trying to find this. :P).

Edit: Speaking of NSider, how many of you guys/gals were members of NSider? I know there were quite a few of us on NS2, but I'm just wondering how many of those original NSiders made the jump to N4A? 

After all these years and 3 forums later, it's pretty crazy that some of us are still together and talking about Nintendo. ....Not to mention, how a lot of us follow and still regularly talk to each other on Twitter (mainly from the NS2 days).

Edited by alienboyva
55 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

From what I recall, the only reason NOA kept their forums around as a support forum after they shut down the NSider forums was for legal reasons. SInce they mentioned it as a customer support method in manuals and/or the back of the box (or whatever) for Wii and DS games, they had to keep them around for a certain number of years. I remember seeing a video about this back in the day, but can't seem to find it anymore (I went down a rabbit hole of NSider nostalgia trying to find this. :P).

Edit: Speaking of NSider, how many of you guys/gals were members of NSider? I know there were quite a few of us on NS2, but I'm just wondering how many of those original NSiders made the jump to N4A? 

After all these years and 3 forums later, it's pretty crazy that some of us are still together and talking about Nintendo. ....Not to mention, how a lot of us follow and still regularly talk to each other on Twitter (mainly from the NS2 days).

Ah. Never knew that.

I was. Went by Box9Missingo there. Still miss the place now and then.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah. Never knew that.

I was. Went by Box9Missingo there. Still miss the place now and then.

Yeah, I'm not 100% if that was ture, but I'm pretty sure it was (really wish I could find that vid >_<).

I joined NS1 in Dec. of 2005 and went by the same name (@alienboyva). It's just what I go as online. ZA1u4OL.png

Edited by alienboyva

I joined NS1 in 2006.

My username was both a combination of my two favorite Pokemon (Tyranitar/Kyogre) and was intended to be the basis for an author avatar of a sprite comic that I was working on with a friend. However, by the time I actually had access to photoshop, everyone and their dog was making terrible sprite comics with shitty Megaman recolors and jokes stolen from 8 Bit Theater. Thus, sprite comics weren't considered "cool" anymore. But my username stuck.

Just now, Tyranogre said:

I joined NS1 in 2006.

My username was both a combination of my two favorite Pokemon (Tyranitar/Kyogre) and was intended to be the basis for an author avatar of a sprite comic that I was working on with a friend. However, by the time I actually had access to photoshop, everyone and their dog was making terrible sprite comics with shitty Megaman recolors and jokes stolen from 8 Bit Theater. Thus, sprite comics weren't considered "cool" anymore. But my username stuck.

lol I remember those comics

I think I also joined NS2 in 2006 or so... maybe even 2007???

y'all talkin bout some nostalgia? screencapped my profile the day i heard about the closure.

pretty sure my username was a slightly modified auto-suggestion. i used 'Red the Ghost' around that time for everything else
i was 11 when i joined. i remember entering it honestly at first and having to learn how to clear cookies for the first time lmao
cause i wasn't about to wait until i turned 13 later the next year to sign up lol
i think i made it to NS2 in 2008. but i would only really post in bursts before wandering off again so i doubt anybody remembers me

farewelltotheensider.thumb.jpg.7f537f4d569abfa67f1c2ad6fcc46f18.jpg

the real question is how many of y'all were on Realm of Warriors? :v

Edited by Pichi

I was an NSider since maybe 2005-2006. I joined around the Diamond/Pearl years, and when I used my parents' first laptop. It was also some time in August, since we always were on beach vacation the first week of August. I was banned ONCE... forgot why that happened, but I think it was because I swore. That's when I began using "$#%@#$%". Oh, how things have changed. 

9 hours ago, Pichi said:

y'all talkin bout some nostalgia? screencapped my profile the day i heard about the closure.

pretty sure my username was a slightly modified auto-suggestion. i used 'Red the Ghost' around that time for everything else
i was 11 when i joined. i remember entering it honestly at first and having to learn how to clear cookies for the first time lmao
cause i wasn't about to wait until i turned 13 later the next year to sign up lol
i think i made it to NS2 in 2008. but i would only really post in bursts before wandering off again so i doubt anybody remembers me

farewelltotheensider.thumb.jpg.7f537f4d569abfa67f1c2ad6fcc46f18.jpg

the real question is how many of y'all were on Realm of Warriors? :v

hold up, i remember that...

I remember joining Nsider in late 2005, just when I started middle school. I was 12 at the time, and really digging JRPGs with Final Fantasy I&II and Kingdom Hearts: CoM on the GBA. I used the name "HUBO". To this day, I don't know what compelled me to make that name, but I imagined it was a cute robot, and that's why I always used a ROB avatar. I remember posting reviews for games I liked. I aspired to write for Nintendo Power at the time, and even years later. I think I had finally reached Koopa rank just in time for the forums to shut down.

Nsider stands as a very interesting point in my internet history, and still shapes how I use the internet (mainly browsing forums like Resetera or dedicated reddit boards.)  I miss the wild west days of the internet, before everything became corporate and curated for your interests. Sure, it may make business sense, but that sense of discovery and community is lost.

21 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I remember joining Nsider in late 2005, just when I started middle school. I was 12 at the time, and really digging JRPGs with Final Fantasy I&II and Kingdom Hearts: CoM on the GBA. I used the name "HUBO". To this day, I don't know what compelled me to make that name, but I imagined it was a cute robot, and that's why I always used a ROB avatar. I remember posting reviews for games I liked. I aspired to write for Nintendo Power at the time, and even years later. I think I had finally reached Koopa rank just in time for the forums to shut down.

Nsider stands as a very interesting point in my internet history, and still shapes how I use the internet (mainly browsing forums like Resetera or dedicated reddit boards.)  I miss the wild west days of the internet, before everything became corporate and curated for your interests. Sure, it may make business sense, but that sense of discovery and community is lost.

I know right

not to be a boomer but I hate how the internet now is like 5 websites that everybody is on and they're all awful and toxic to varying degrees lol (twitter)