The Hidden Town of Kasuto - N4A Chat Thread - March 2021

EH_STEVE

@ace

I just finished a mission in Cyberpunk 2077 that had a supremely fucked up conclusion. Like. I can't believe it did that. That's probably going to stick with me for a little bit.

So I finished the game over the weekend, and am curious which mission you were referring to?

• Chrom pinned this topic
1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I figured as much. Fucked up.

Yeah, it was that one. As fucked as it was that’s as probably the best quest line in that game. I was hoping for more of that and less than what we got but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Just now, ace said:

Yeah, it was that one. As fucked as it was that’s as probably the best quest line in that game. I was hoping for more of that and less than what we got but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yeah I found there were some awesome parts in the game, some great pop culture easter eggs/references, but then also a lot of padding and garbage. I did all 5 endings, and only found one or two to be satisfying.

I have yet to play that game, and have yet to even open the case, even though it was one of the most hyped games of last year. Number one is because I've somehow lost the drive to play any video game, even though I have a lot of games in my backlog I want to defeat.  Number two is because of the performance of that game on the last generation. Number three is because of THAT. THAT. THAT. AND THEM. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

Yeah I found there were some awesome parts in the game, some great pop culture easter eggs/references, but then also a lot of padding and garbage. I did all 5 endings, and only found one or two to be satisfying.

I enjoyed the game for what it’s worth but I didn’t get stupid hyped like a lot of people did. I rode into the end with the Aldecaldos and found that to be satisfying. 

20 minutes ago, ace said:

I enjoyed the game for what it’s worth but I didn’t get stupid hyped like a lot of people did. I rode into the end with the Aldecaldos and found that to be satisfying. 

That was one of them. The other was the secret ending (although it's almost the exact same as the Rogue ending except Rogue lives) instead of going back, letting Johnny take over V's body

finally got a bike again and it's like... a real (used) mountain bike and not just a walmart tier one. i'm still not sure if dropping the money was a good idea but it's so sturdy and feels like way smoother/easier to ride quickly aaaaaa

9 hours ago, Edie Napier said:

been binging the souls series and 12 hours into dark souls 2

boy howdy this game is a piece of work

I really wanna play these games, see what the fuss is about (never even really seen gameplay of it). But I feel like I'd want to play them all in order aaaaand I don't want to play old-gen versions....

7 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I really wanna play these games, see what the fuss is about (never even really seen gameplay of it). But I feel like I'd want to play them all in order aaaaand I don't want to play old-gen versions....

Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Dark Souls 3. 

all on Xbox one/Series X 

The OG Dark Souls is probably one of the best games ever made. Definitely play it. 

The note about Skyrim reminds me that i still haven’t started Skyrim Special Edition

Have a selection of mods (all lore friendly for now) not that i can do too much until i get a high end PC 

Though I don’t think i know how to work some of them.. might be looking over something

Not that i can do too much since i only have so much space on my laptop...  mostly been fiddling with mods and trying to figure out what works with what last December

But should really get around to starting a new game

8 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

The games are basically on every platform at this point.  All of them are worth playing except DkS2 and generally build on each other in interesting ways.