SwitchPro...seem more imminent? / SWOLED / new hardware

2 hours ago, Kezay said:

I used to watch quite a few of his videos a while ago and they usually aren't that bad.  Nothing against you post it or anything, I was just venting because that style of content creation is so prevalent these days.  The worst is when there is a bit of news that can be discussed in five minutes or less and you have people making 30 - 45 minute videos out of it talking about absolutely nothing specifically related to that subject.

I agree with you on what the Switch Pro can potentially be at this point in terms of expectations from the interwebs.

Yeah, I honestly don't like Youtubers who don't sit on rumors to see if there's something substantial to all the smoke. You know how quick these things can change on dime, when you look stupid or not. I can't say for those who do care how they come off or how they just put videos out but if I were gonna do something like this even tho I am not the source of the info coming out, I want to be accountable to myself and those who watch my videos, if I did these sort of things. Yes, we understand it is not easy to get what you want on YT alone and some are fine with what they put out and there are those who just put out without much substance.

I guess its a combination what I value and seeing the same old thing that I can't stand these kind of reporting styles.

Said this over and over again about the Switch Pro, it will come out, when it needs to come out. I respect those who are content for their reason to not upgrade, just like it should be the same for those who want to. I may not buy into all the smoke for no reason but I have my reasons why I would want Switch Pro. As it stands now, there's nothing to on when or what exactly this new revision is exactly. Like we have no specifics but there are no overall conciseness from all sources so far. They are nice haves that I can appreciate but without any concrete selling points, it's all gossip.

Edited by DLurkster

By@DLurkster @Kezay

Yeah...it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't depending on your level of getting into rumor news...you don't report anything/acknowledge it you get seen as late to the party, report too soon and nothing happens you look like an idiot.  At least ign, nwr, and gx wait a good while on anything rumor related till it gets more backed up.  Spawnwave hits a middle ground in that he gets on something early but puts at best two sentences to it and moves on, he doesn't go in so to speak till there is meat on the bones.  

And when you keep putting out circle jerk content people are less likely to come back, or spend too much time getting to the point of which THE point isn't even a confirmed point or comes across as just wanting to have a video it makes you look less worthy of my time.

@DLurkster @Kezay

Fixed that rubbish spoiler error so it should be easier to read now LOL

Edited by purple_beard
2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

By@DLurkster @Kezay

Yeah...it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't depending...

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

ng on your level of getting into rumor news...you don't report anything/acknowledge it you get seen as late to the party, report too soon and nothing happens you look like an idiot.  At least ign, nwr, and gx wait a good while on anything rumor related till it gets more backed up.  Spawnwave hits a middle ground in that he gets on something early but puts at best two sentences to it and moves on, he doesn't go in so to speak till there is meat on the bones.  

I rather be late reporting in the sense that smoke is trending not dwindling obviously, like late to the party so attention on you is at the peak. Not when everybody is starting to leave. There's a difference. That's what I mean by waiting.

Like GX is not that bad that they talk very little about or wait a bit to talk a bit a length, once enough time have passed where info on the rumor have settled. SWM, he to me have perfected the craft of how he reports it, he may report right away but it is short and timestamped. The fact that his newswave is news from the prior day also means the information he chooses to discuss is sit on while before he edits it into video. To me he has the right balanced approach, could be my personal bias speaking from but I like how he report gaming news.

44 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

so uh

how about that switch pro announcement, eh?

I'd personally be quite happy for a Switch Pro with a bit more grunt and a higher resolution output. But it does seem like all the hype and leaks around this have pretty much fizzled, heh. Can't say I'm surprised. :P

I'm thinking they are holding onto this with the future releases of Splatoon 3 and BotW2 next year....

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I'm thinking they are holding onto this with the future releases of Splatoon 3 and BotW2 next year....

I'd be fine with that. If it does materialise, having a short gap between announcement and release would make sense too, otherwise some people may stop buying Switch games until they can get their hands on a new console.

For me personally, I'm on the team that Splatoon 3 will be a Pro launch title. Companies love multiplayer games to show off a new console. 

Splatoon 3 will be (one of) the poster children for Switch Pro to show off faster multiplayer experiences

BotW2 will be the one to show off "visual optimization" when played on the Pro system

One, or both (but for my guess, likely just Splatoon 3) will have the special edition console and will launch with the same dates.

14 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

For me personally, I'm on the team that Splatoon 3 will be a Pro launch title. Companies love multiplayer games to show off a new console. 

Splatoon 3 will be (one of) the poster children for Switch Pro to show off faster multiplayer experiences

BotW2 will be the one to show off "visual optimization" when played on the Pro system

One, or both (but for my guess, likely just Splatoon 3) will have the special edition console and will launch with the same dates.

When and if it happens? Given the chip shortage and the economy at this point, I'm wondering if they're holding off until a better time.

• 3 weeks later...

That looks quite neat - looks like it’s just minor improvements to Tabletop and handheld mode than Docked TV though - seems to be a Switch equivalent to the 3DS XL than a Pro model like everyone else was expecting 

But the increased base 64 GB Storage and having a useful kickstand is quite nice - really don’t like the kickstand on the regular Switch considering how easy it can come off… the larger screen is quite nice too

Granted, i spend more time in handheld and tabletop modes than TV mode since that’s a bit difficult to do… so lack of Docked improvements doesn’t bother me too much

Not that there’s anything wrong with my current launch Switch, but maybe I’ll consider getting it - $350 isn’t too bad of a price either 

At least it’s not more than that

Edited by Shadow118

So, only Neon Red/Blue and WHITE models are available?  Damn I do love that white.

MUCH improved battery life than OG, not sure on New Battery one.

Like the 64GB included.

Surprised on no real hardware improvements.  Like even the equivalent of the 3DS to New 3DSXL,  But for a $50 upcharge the internal storage and the screen make sense.

I do think I will get one though....  I arguably need one and the $50 isn't bad for additions even though I am surprised about lack of processing or ram upgrades.

As much as I would love to have a bigger/OLED screen, a better kick stand, better audio, 64 GB buin-in storage, I can't justify buying this at $350 when my launch day Switch is perfectly fine and I'm still perfectly happy with it. Just wish it had the better battery life tho. :(  

2 hours ago, Stephen 776 said:

^ this.

I have no personal interest in the new model despite treating my Switch as a handheld--OLED isn't really worth $350 and new speakers are a non-factor when I use headphones--but boy am I glad for the Switch Pro rumormill is behind us.

@ tweet....

I mean... I still think the whole 4K through digital trickery was a pipe dream and they might need Switch 2 to do that versus this hardware revision.

I am also on board that hardware supplies for parts/chips that work in these consoles might be so tight in supply that they put out what they could get out--and also tried to keep price difference minimal.

The could also have some internal numbers as to where the portable  vs. tv mode play splits....   I'm probably 95/5 tv vs. handheld....  at most up to 20% handheld but that is in house while doing something else on tv and not true portable play.

Agreed on new speakers.

with some of the age my switch has on cracks and warps.... I am interested in this model.  Might use a GS trade on offer to score some game or amiibo POs from them....wouldn't even discount store credit or points cards.....

I do think I was hoping for more on the ram/processing end but....