SwitchPro...seem more imminent? / SWOLED / new hardware

4 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Outside of specifying software only, like usual Nintendo is going last in on E3, there whole presentation is almost 2 weeks from now. I don't necessarily want to give more hope of those expecting announcements of the new revision but the supposed rumors suggested we will hear about this before E3. So that could be by next week Thursday (Summer Game Fest with Geoff Keighley starts then with a few publishers) as E3 starts that following Saturday or when Nintendo's E3 starts that following Tuesday. The only wrench with that Tuesday is that so many publishers are going to be presenting and showing off games that will be coming to Nintendo Switch, the rumor mentioned that they would share this revision news before 3rd party show games for Nintendo Switch.

The rule of thumb for me is that if none of the 3rd parties show no games coming to Switch, something is up but that is slim of happening. Otherwise if so then Nintendo might share the news of the revision before their presentation Tuesday.

That's all I'm gonna say.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reveal (if there is one) isn't given its own event but just a press release or something.  If so, then I'd guess they will let any compatible software do the talking either during a Direct or maybe during demonstrations with Treehouse Live.

seems weird to not believe a switch pro is real and upcoming, nintendo is already behind in terms of specs and consoles compared to competitors, despite definitely making more money from it than sony or microsoft...seems like a perfectly opportune time to me lol. the e3 announcement specifying software makes me believe we'll likely have it announced before e3, and then they can show off their shiny new switch pro games at e3 and not waste time showing off a console that's 'the same, but better' y;  

i can get why people would be annoyed by the rumors, but i think it'd be dumb to think there's NO merit in it at this point when we're already onto the next gen and nintendo is nowhere to be found as of yet; like, what else could they possibly be doing to stay relevant in the console market 

just speculative as well, but i think if they do announce the switch pro prior to e3, we'll likely get some botw2 news at e3 and it'll be announced for both systems a la botw1 so that'd be cool flower; 

Honestly, at this point, considering when the Switch launched I don't doubt that Nintendo is operating off of their own time table rather than trying to keep aligned with their competitors.  Spec wise, the Switch was already behind the PS4/XB1 but with enough under the hood and thankfully due to how the more prominent game dev engines are highly scalable has still been able to land a number of games thought not possible on the platform.  While specs are important and have their place that is a race Nintendo hasn't been laser focused on for generations now.

Yes. For me at least it's not so much a question of will it ever happen but does it need to happen (the Switch is still doing fine as is and Nintendo more often than not does fine without bowing to those investors), and if nothing's shown prior to June 15th which wouldn't surprise me either, will just be seeing the goalpost moved to when people think it'll be shown like it's been for years now with the rumors. I'm just beyond sick of hearing about it which is why I'm often more dismissive of it now, but if it happens it happens.

Edited by Ridley Prime
1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

Yes. For me at least it's not so much a question of will it ever happen but does it need to happen (the Switch is still doing fine as is and Nintendo more often than not does fine without bowing to those investors), and if nothing's shown prior to June 15th which wouldn't surprise me either, will just be seeing the goalpost moved to when people think it'll be shown like it's been for years now with the rumors. I'm just beyond sick of hearing about it which is why I'm often more dismissive of it now, but if it happens it happens.

Exactly. And given the chip shortage, is it the right time to move forward with a new model?

What Kezay points out with Nintendo and having their time table with console gens is accurate. Nintendo always beat to their rhythm of their own drum, even to their determent sometimes; like the Wii stalling out in its later years and insult to injury, Wii U did them no favors either. This is typical Nintendo ups and down, they are currently riding higher than they ever did with Wii popular with the Switch. And that what takes me to Ridley Prime, it's a matter of when not if (so the rumor of when this new revision Switch before E3 is not the end all of be all) so they have to be delicate in how they reveal address the current boom they have and not rock the boat when this new Switch comes along. Time will tell for all of the above because Nintendo always wants to control their narrative.

Lastly, with what Doc Brown said about chip shortages. That is definitely a concern but I look at this situation like this in comparison with a if scenario launch of the PS5 and X series released this year instead of last year. I feel not only will they have better pool of games to play but their probably would be more to stockpile in situation we find with shortages now. As it stand these shortage will continue into next year but if this was in mind to launch this year I think we see the demand be not high as it currently is. So in that sense to me, I think Nintendo would of done the same seeing how Sony and Microsoft launched happened last year. I can't what we know when and if the shortage makes it neigh impossible to reveal and launch but mere possibilities of what could be.

4 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Stay tuned...

This vid is two days old (used to watch these guys but they make a vids every minute without letting it settle to see what's what anymore) and I am sure you knew this as well there's been placeholder pages for this New Nintendo Switch since last week when the whole reveal before E3 rumor came about. I know that doesn't change the fact that something may or may not happen but seeing that no new news have popped up since this June 4 PO news, I say this isn't gonna happen on that. Oddly enough it won't sadden those awaiting a PO, they'll move on whoever says it will drop.

Like when we heard about the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo, that dropped out of nowhere and PO dropped out of nowhere too. This is Nintendo and this is how this going to happen and go down.

Think, Mark Compilation by Windoki Tarot | Think, Mark | Know Your Meme

On 6/3/2021 at 6:40 AM, Ridley Prime said:

Riiiight.

Guess I’ll be a stubborn skeptic to the end, not believing clickbait or anything that doesn’t come from Nintendo itself on the matter. We’ll see what happens though.

Same. Those investors are REALLY beating those drums a lot.

But with the economy and the chip shortages, betting that if there are any new systems coming out, they'll be that much harder to get and scalpers will be that much more of a pain the ass.

Videos like that remind me of the whole "this 30 minute meeting could have been an email" type of situation.  9 minutes to explain something that could have taken less than 1 to get across which thankfully I just skipped around the video to get to the point rather than slog through the "history" of the rumors first before getting to what the video is actually covering.

Yeah I know, first world problems and all that and this is just the nature of youtuber content these days, but still.

Anyway, the wording in the ad is definitely interesting through because of how deliberate it is.  I'm not too swept up in these Switch Pro rumors because I really don't plan to get one.

26 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Videos like that remind me of the whole "this 30 minute meeting could have been an email" type of situation.  9 minutes to explain something that could have taken less than 1 to get across which thankfully I just skipped around the video to get to the point rather than slog through the "history" of the rumors first before getting to what the video is actually covering.

Yeah I know, first world problems and all that and this is just the nature of youtuber content these days, but still.

Anyway, the wording in the ad is definitely interesting through because of how deliberate it is.  I'm not too swept up in these Switch Pro rumors because I really don't plan to get one.

Yeah, I don't watch his stuff too much....  I just found it interesting.

Switch Pro is going to be the internets biggest Nothing Burger or Biggest Hype Train ever..... I don't even think there is a middle ground here.....  although there could be a buzzkill if the specs don't live up to a "upgrade" reputation.

13 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Yeah, I don't watch his stuff too much....  I just found it interesting.

Switch Pro is going to be the internets biggest Nothing Burger or Biggest Hype Train ever..... I don't even think there is a middle ground here.....  although there could be a buzzkill if the specs don't live up to a "upgrade" reputation.

I used to watch quite a few of his videos a while ago and they usually aren't that bad.  Nothing against you post it or anything, I was just venting because that style of content creation is so prevalent these days.  The worst is when there is a bit of news that can be discussed in five minutes or less and you have people making 30 - 45 minute videos out of it talking about absolutely nothing specifically related to that subject.

I agree with you on what the Switch Pro can potentially be at this point in terms of expectations from the interwebs.