SwitchPro...seem more imminent? / SWOLED / new hardware

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Well as the article states this may be just region or at all happening. Obviously before you start asking question if this will affect the trade-in (duh, it will if it does) but monitor if this price cut will happens in other regions then you know it is not a rumor anymore. It's sort of like when Nintendo announces in one region about their game trials on NSO, it gets announced in Japan or Europe then it also is announced in NA. An latest example of that is the Daemon x Machina is having a trial run in Europr next week on NSO, the latest I've heard so far. This like usual might comes to NA. I haven't see as I said any NSO trial not come to NA as well.

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Nintendo shot this one down. Personally. 

All I am going to say is something is amiss here....

Either Nintendo is "lying" OR Bloomberg keeps tanking their credibility with false statements.

And if I want to play the context game, Switch 4K Dev Kit /= 4K Switch.... as it could be the dev kit for the NEXT Switch which I would assume would be havin kits out within the next 2 years for whatever NIntendo plans post-Switch... and 4K could be involved with that one...

1 minute ago, Ridley Prime said:

Was just about to post that earlier until I saw you beat me to it. Of all the clickbait posted in this thread, this one didn't last hardly an hour. lmao

Even if it hadn't already been debunked though, I would've called bullshit given the chip shortages and stuff still happening.

I know right... I posted this while eating supper, got home... did some stuff, went back to youtube and saw this...  I was coming here right now to edit my original post with the correction/debunk video they just put out.

I think these rumors are making Nintendo look bad and could kill sales of the SWOLED as as these things consistently keep coming up, savvy shoppers could be staying away awaiting price drops for prior model and/or holding out on what they have till a truly more powerful option arrives.

I swear, you live for nothing but conspiracy theories. The Switch Pro/4K Switch rumors are under the radar to all but very online nerds. No way enough fans would coalesce around Nintendo because of them. The Switch OLED is going to sell like hotcakes, especially with how much they've been marketing it along with Metroid Dread.

Hell, not even the Steam Deck has 4K as is, and that had already sold out. If 4K was that easy to implement for any such gaming tablet device at this time, it would've been done.

8 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

I swear, you live for nothing but conspiracy theories. *(The Switch Pro/4K Switch rumors are under the radar to all but very online nerds. No way enough fans would coalesce around Nintendo because of them. The Switch OLED is going to sell like hotcakes, especially with how much they've been marketing it along with Metroid Dread.

Hell, not even the Steam Deck has 4K as is, and that had already sold out. If 4K was that easy to implement for any such gaming tablet device at this time, it would've been done.)*

Exactly. I only saw the news since someone on my tl retweeted it.

Swear that investors are just chomping at the bit for more at this point and it's just annoying. 

Edited by Doc Brown
27 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

All I am going to say is something is amiss here....

Either Nintendo is "lying" OR Bloomberg keeps tanking their credibility with false statements.

And if I want to play the context game, Switch 4K Dev Kit /= 4K Switch.... as it could be the dev kit for the NEXT Switch which I would assume would be havin kits out within the next 2 years for whatever NIntendo plans post-Switch... and 4K could be involved with that one...

I'm thinking the latter for now.

Edited by Doc Brown

You guys know Nate the Hate on YT?

He's the guy who predicted along MVG (Modern Vintage Gamer) that N64 and Game Boy GBC would be coming to NSO soon. He makes a podcast weekly about things happening or about to happen in the video game industry.

The reason I am bringing that up in light of these more ridiculous rumors of 4K Switch again *sigh* is that when the rumor mill of the 4K Switch was happening weeks before the reveal of the OLED (not the rumors earlier this year in February, coincidentally when this thread was made) that all these rumors were stemming from Bloomberg and one author of all these rumor stories; Takashi Mochizuki. In one of those podcast I believe it was Nate that commented around the time when Nintendo LTD Co tweet shot down Bloomberg claims stems with this guy more than anyone else or Bloomberg. Tho, the tweet then and now doesn't say where the report comes from, (Nintendo trying to be sly) this is the 2nd time they really want to shutdown any rumors so the the investors don't get it twisted that the OLED is the only new model Switch. I don't blame Nintendo LTD Co so they don't give hope to investors and customers alike that a better Switch is a round the corner but Nate brings up a good point in that podcast why is this Twitter account from Nintendo (one they rarely use) tweeting to shutdown the rumor that not only Bloombergs is reporting but others (I don't care where anyone thinks it began) as that 4K Switch is out there? Why does it seem for the 2nd time  they are singling out Bloomberg and this Takashi Mochizuki guy, huh? As I said I hate all these 4K Switch rumors to but the function of this twitter account and twice on record that it Bloomberg but not said in either tweet.

I'm not saying as again, I don't believe all these 4K Switch rumor but why Nintendo shutting down these reports now as when there was claims before they get someone to say no comment but now these tweets to shutdown anyone that says otherwise? If there was no threat before these why now shut these down outside settling down confusion of expectation of Nintendo and the release of the OLED? A simple no comment would suffice like before, is there more to these vocal shutdown then it seems, that maybe this guy that Nintendo LTD Co is not stating in the report may be on to something, that's what this Nate the Hate guy probably thinks. And like me he doesn't like these rampart 4K Switch rumors too and he reports on rumors, that says a lot for him to say that, that and most of the time his rumors he reports on is accurate like 80% of the time.

Just a little something to think on these coincidences of events and why now?

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Probably. Bloomberg must be having slow news days lately. 

Probably but I think this Takashi Mochizuki may have bone to pick with Nintendo to prove his claims are true or will eventually. He is the only guy reporting on these Switch rumors over there. Something is going between and Nintendo I feel, tho Nintendo doesn't mention him or Bloomberg and their 2 tweets about these rumors. I still think Bloomberg is full of shit since this started this year, despite how reputable they can be but something fishy is going on between him Nintendo. This is not exactly a smoke to fire thing but somethings is amiss with all this news or non-news.

3 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

I swear, you live for nothing but conspiracy theories. The Switch Pro/4K Switch rumors are under the radar to all but very online nerds. No way enough fans would coalesce around Nintendo because of them. The Switch OLED is going to sell like hotcakes, especially with how much they've been marketing it along with Metroid Dread.

Hell, not even the Steam Deck has 4K as is, and that had already sold out. If 4K was that easy to implement for any such gaming tablet device at this time, it would've been done.

3 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Oh, and it's illegal to lie to your investors, so I'd lean more toward Bloomberg being full of shit like usual than Nintendo secretly hiding something.

I mean the rumors of this thing just won't  die...  conspiracy or not...I can't  see a major news outlet consistently putting this out there with it almost simultaneously being debunked by the involved company.  And then, to name drop developers...

I'm kind of agreeing  with spawnwave on his new video...this whole mess is the successor to the current  switch in reality versus it being a switch pro.  And Nintendo  probably  won't even acknowledge new hardware till its a lot closer to being reality.

*not switch pro related but swoled related

Spoiler

I went by my local gs to check in on my swoled po, midnight release , and trade in deals.  Og switch  is $200 unless they do extras--they didn't know for sure as of today. No midnight release but are looking at a 9pm the day before but are still working  on details and I would get contacted next week.

#EDIT

Went back up to gs to see if they were expecting extra dread amiibos and they weren't sure yet but then got told by a different  employee the swoleds won't be out early for them...

So now playing  a wait and see on this

Edited by purple_beard

Been watching videos on the Switch OLED that have been popping up lately 

It’s not the easiest to tell, but looks like the OLED is a lot more vibrant than the current Switch screen and some of the colors have a bit more pop to them - not sure what considering I’m not familiar with all these fancy tech terms

Would make some current and future games look a lot nicer, honestly 

And the stand looks stable and actually more useful than the flimsy one the current one has…. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to reattach that damn thing on this week

Heard there were some other improvements like for the sound, but that’s hard to tell from watching videos to hear that, i think?

I’m not exactly unfamiliar to buying/obtaining new versions of a system/handheld… so can’t say it would be a huge deal to me - no idea when we’ll get some kind of 

Looks quite nice, honestly- it’s nothing huge considering it’s more of a refresh than a new full on iteration… but it looks pretty nice

The lack of improvements to Docked TV play doesn’t bother me too much, considering i play in Handheld/Tabletop mode as of late for the last few years…. for reasons

Though not 100% fully sure, might consider getting one - it’s $50 more than the current Switch, so spending a little over $350 iwill set me back a bit…

Hm…..

4 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Been watching videos on the Switch OLED that have been popping up lately 

It’s not the easiest to tell, but looks like the OLED is a lot more vibrant than the current Switch screen and some of the colors have a bit more pop to them - not sure what considering I’m not familiar with all these fancy tech terms

Would make some current and future games look a lot nicer, honestly 

And the stand looks stable and actually more useful than the flimsy one the current one has…. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to reattach that damn thing on this week

Heard there were some other improvements like for the sound, but that’s hard to tell from watching videos to hear that, i think?

I’m not exactly unfamiliar to buying/obtaining new versions of a system/handheld… so can’t say it would be a huge deal to me - no idea when we’ll get some kind of 

Looks quite nice, honestly- it’s nothing huge considering it’s more of a refresh than a new full on iteration… but it looks pretty nice

The lack of improvements to Docked TV play doesn’t bother me too much, considering i play in Handheld/Tabletop mode as of late for the last few years…. for reasons

Though not 100% fully sure, might consider getting one - it’s $50 more than the current Switch, so spending a little over $350 iwill set me back a bit…

Hm…..

In every video I have caught...

SCREEN universally praised for brightness and richness/depth of color  ...size increase noticeable but not drastically so

Kickstand universally praised for better design, construction, usage ability

With my GS trade in credit a factor

With the cracks in the plastic of my OG switch a factor

With mild drift on OG JC a factor...

With lack of a "REAL PRO" model anytime soon

Its the right time for me to upgrade.

The screen upgrade won't be as big of a deal for me as I am  85/15 tv/portable play but that kickstand upgrade does open up more time for tabletop play and using my ProCC...so....