SwitchPro...seem more imminent? / SWOLED / new hardware

13 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Didn't want to think so at first, but I'm convinced by this point that the joycon problem is planned obsolesce, like with the PS5 controller that's known for early drifting, as the joysticks are made out of the same flimsy material.

And no amount of laysuits or whatnot is gonna make Nintendo budge. They simply don't give a shit.

Yep. And all three companies go through the same one for their joysticks (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft).

They just don't give a damn.

Honestly miss the build of the Wiiu game pad ones. They seem more sturdy. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, here we go again. This is like the 5th time Bloomberg's done a report on it too in recent memory.

We’ve been hearing about this mythical system since what, 2019? So a couple years after the Switch was just out. That’s about how long I’ve been hearing its reveal is “imminent” too, and if it’s not shown at E3, they’ll just ride that same narrative the next years.

In hindsight I'm more thankful now that Nintendo only did hardware revisions for their handhelds (even some of them I found unnecessary but they weren't as expensive as a Switch), and that we didn't have to deal with rumors of a Gamecube Pro, Wii Pro, etc, but now...

Also not believing the mentioned new Metroid (not to be confused with Prime 4) till I see it.

I am only giving this development some creditably because of one person and that is Emily Rogers. Tho she is confirming he stuff Bloomberg have report with this damn Switch Pro, it is odd now that she is confirming this now when she had a few opportunity to confirm. She never shoots down rumors but either softly confirms or is confident. It also doesn't hurt that her track record with rumors have been decent at best at like 70% as opposed to the ones in recent months where I feel were lucky rumor guesses.

I'm sorry I believe folks who has been at this for years as opposed to months experienced guessed rumors, also Bloomberg were never right with rumor either. Like ppl can say they got the Switch Lite right but that like these recent rumor getting a few thing right or close enough to say they are creditable. I believe what Emily is saying just out of years of experience and better accuracy record and confirmation now as opposed to constantly saying it is happening like some folks.

Despite all of this said I am still taking Emily confirmation with a grain of salt even with her experience and track record at best, that is not the only reason as I stated before I just don't believe Nintendo will announce this thing yet. I've just been tainted with all these rumors of the Switch Pro and let's just say they left me jaded. I don't mind if I'm wrong for hoping and being disappointed, just tired of hearing it is coming, it is coming soon and nothing to prove that is so. Again the funny thing in saying that is that it will eventually happen but to me that doesn't mean they were right because anyone could of guess that.

That is where I stand.

12 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Ah, here we go again. This is like the 5th time Bloomberg's done a report on it too in recent memory.

We’ve been hearing about this mythical system since what, 2019? So a couple years after the Switch was just out. That’s about how long I’ve been hearing its reveal is “imminent” too, and if it’s not shown at E3, they’ll just ride that same narrative the next years.

In hindsight I'm more thankful now that Nintendo only did hardware revisions for their handhelds (even some of them I found unnecessary but they weren't as expensive as a Switch), and that we didn't have to deal with rumors of a Gamecube Pro, Wii Pro, etc, but now...

Also not believing the mentioned new Metroid (not to be confused with Prime 4) till I see it.

To be fair there were plenty of Wii HD rumors during its heyday, though that may have been more of fans clamoring for it rather than actual rumors from industry professionals.

Anyway, I've stayed out of this conversation because frankly a Switch 2.0 doesn't matter much to me. I never got a PS4 Pro and I was perfectly happy with the base version. I did get a New 3DS XL but I can't honestly say it had a huge impact on how I played 3DS games. Yeah there's a good chance I'd get a Switch Pro if it came out, but I'm not dying to have one right this minute.

I didn't get PS4 Pro too, just felt there was no need. I got the 3DS XL for stable 3D and faster loading and boot up of later 3DS games like Super Smash Bros. 3DS as such. I can't say for certain what would be the reason if I buy the next Switch revision but I feel I will have reason as opposed to not getting the PS5 Pro. That and when it comes to Nintendo I just get it first...most of the time.

Time will tell when it comes to price and what features I feel are benefit I see appreciating vs current Switch.

Those are nice and obvious things the next Switch revision should have but that is the first I heard about this Italian and Chinese report, unless I hear more collaboration. This sound like wishful rumors.

That slip up press release from SEGA? Sound legit and funny that it confirming the new Sonic game name. I forgot how the name was found out, I don't think it was datamined but something was hacked for that name to be found out and to hear it was accidentally brought up confirms that was its name maybe once upon a time.

I'm curious what this upgrade will look like if it's indeed going to be a thing that is announced soon.  I don't know if I'll get it though as I haven't bought Nintendo platforms that were essentially "pro" models of an existing version.  The furthest I went with the Nintendo DS was DS Lite.  Never got the DSi or XL models.  Stuck with my original Cosmo Black 3DS, never got the "new" system.  Just never saw a need if my current worked well enough so this new Switch is gonna have to bring a bit more for me to jump into it, though I'm still excited to see what it ends up being either way.

On 5/31/2021 at 6:01 PM, devilsKnife said:

I want to believe

I'd buy it day 1, switch games are starting to chug hardcore. Even SMT Nocturne has frame drops on Switch and that's a port of a game from 3 console generations ago

All things considered, that's probably not the fault of the console if an early 2000s PS2 game is dropping frames.

1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

Nintendo specified that only software will be shown at E3... Guess people may have to spend more months or years prophesying their mythical console.

Not be conspiracy about it, but that just means THIS direct is software focused. Why are they specifying 'software' anyways?

Outside of specifying software only, like usual Nintendo is going last in on E3, there whole presentation is almost 2 weeks from now. I don't necessarily want to give more hope of those expecting announcements of the new revision but the supposed rumors suggested we will hear about this before E3. So that could be by next week Thursday (Summer Game Fest with Geoff Keighley starts then with a few publishers) as E3 starts that following Saturday or when Nintendo's E3 starts that following Tuesday. The only wrench with that Tuesday is that so many publishers are going to be presenting and showing off games that will be coming to Nintendo Switch, the rumor mentioned that they would share this revision news before 3rd party show games for Nintendo Switch.

The rule of thumb for me is that if none of the 3rd parties show no games coming to Switch, something is up but that is slim of happening. Otherwise if so then Nintendo might share the news of the revision before their presentation Tuesday.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Edited by DLurkster