SwitchPro...seem more imminent? / SWOLED / new hardware

@purple_beard: The reasons I've been saying we won't be get the Switch Pro, Switch 2 or the next Switch anytime soon. It also covers a reason I forgot to mention but basically the same reason like the hardware sales to software sales.

As I said about this next Switch not coming soon I also said I am not against next one, the timing and factor is not there despite the aging hardware of the Switch but honestly I wouldn't make that the okay ignore what in front as facts that prevents supposed upgrade, DLSS or whatever or not. Also, specified in the vid above is that after current system is out, work on the next is already in the works. If anyone who bought console system for years don't know that I don't think you will get why Nintendo position put a pro or whatever is not the answer...yet. Soon and they will know with proper timing and not be a Wii to Wii situation with nothing to go after ending with dud to open with nothing to turn into another dud for the following system.

• 1 month later...
  • purple_beard changed the title to SwitchPro...seem more imminent? / SWOLED #3 (Pokémon SV SE) announced

Not gonna lie, it's not a bad looking system but compared to the Splatoon 3 OLED, where I felt this wasn't it for me. I am only on the fence I would want to get this.

That other side of the fence is still my V2 Switch is still in pretty good condition so there's no reason for me to get this again despite this one speaking to me more than the Splatoon 3 OLED.

I was curious to see if PB posted about this and he did, lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, heard about this earlier in the day through an earlier GameXplain video talking about Digital Foundry's findings. Assuming it's going to use the same architecture, similar to how XBox Series X and Playstation 5 are doing succeeding the XBox One and Playstation 4. Also remembering how all the improvements made to the OLED model, and how it's odd that it didn't get a power upgrade. And considering the tech issues with supply chains over the past two years, maybe it's not worth a mid-gen upgrade. It would make sense to just drop what should've been released last year or so, and just move forward in a couple of years with a "Switch 2".

Edited by avalonknight

Yeah, I think most will agree no matter where you stand on video game fidelity, prowess, performance and Nintendo overall. It would be nice to for the brand of Switch (I hope it don't drop it and do something else) to get a power-up and any of the categories I mention for their next gen gaming system.

All who want this to happen now or next year is just wishful thinking and blind patterning with Zelda usual releases with a new console or iteration of said console. Just because there's precedence doesn't always mean it will happen. There's so many factors if you think a little why it isn't sooner than we think or pro for mid refresh; Switch is still relatively popular, chip shortage, what games are gonna show or launch with this hardware. The list can go on and on. 

I always been of the mind 2 years going now, before we starting to see the writing on the wall with some of the game releases of 2023 and DLC for big games ending a year from now that the next Switch (I really hope the stick with the Switch concept, again) not pro mid refresh will surface or a most some time in and/or release in 2024. It still too soon primarily with the Switch momentum to start all over with a new system to uprail what upward trajectory of revenue for Nintendo.  

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I got through half this today b4 seeing you @   

These two guys for them...ehhh. saying alot but not much either.

Kinda no duh when it comes to reporting on something that was from someone else said. We seen vid like this from them, it is not new.

All I wanted to bring to attention is that this whole Switch Pro is no more and not necessary. Plus, what I've been saying about iterative Switch is not conducive. Said again above your last post here.

I'm sure this is the last I will hear from you or any of the few that still think iterative Switch is coming next year and software, whatever Zelda will confirm it. We will see but I accept when desire is put out there and nothing comes back in no way as a sign. I am taking the hint along with experience history with Nintendo as a business. Ppl, either don't have the latter or just ignore it.

It is still important when considering how the future of the business will go, I can't just kinda go on blind faith that Nintendo should of made a Switch Pro or release on soon no matter how we think we need it.

@purple_beard: For you...again....

Images not in vid, posted below in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

2bMz2RA.jpeg

Spoiler

yrCV1OY.jpeg

Spoiler

SICArxM.jpeg

I never denied the thought that we couldn't get a OLED Tears of the Kingdom Switch but man what a sneak peak. No way to me this is fake. Too hard to fake this. As mentioned in the video this pic was leak by same ppl who leaked Switch variations in the past too from a Chinese factory.

So yeah, no new Switch hardware for Switch but OLED was always a possibility and it looks nice!

A few days ago we had the leak for NSO association with Tears of Kingdom leaked image and now this. Things seem to be ramping up with sequel, the question is when is Nintendo only gonna show this but start to talk about Tears of the Kingdom in-depth?

Edited by DLurkster

@DLurkster

Right now, I am more along the lines of a Switch Pro probably won't be a thing and they are moving on to its successor now... kind of how some further videos have alluded to.

I think what will be interesting is will the coding for any MAJOR RELEASES in 2023 allow for new spec Switch to run them better or easily to a 4K upscaling with it already in the game ...*OR* show there is some merit for a patch that allows the game to run better/smoother on upgraded hardware specs.

Only two I can think of are BotW2 and there HAS TO BE A MARIO GAME to tie in with the movie right?

But lots if interesting thoughts here...  I can't see the hybrid concept being eliminated but one has to wonder what hardware power upgrades can be there depending on final formfactor and chipset.  I doubt it goes Steam Deck size but...  I also really do wonder about dock boosting power abilities.  Would Nintendo double down on modular gaming and have a full spec home setup with with seamless portable play ....then you get into 4K/DLSS, chipset for processing, ram for processing, storage internal and external, battery life.  And in a WiiU with Wiimotes kind of thing, Switch JCs and a new style JC.

@purple_beard: You are just talking about backwards compatibility, with the the Switch titles of now getting a boost of performance maybe visually and technically for the next Switch. Nah, Nintendo has never done that with backwards compatibility, not to say we gonna be lucky we at least get backwards compatibility but that's the least they can do and I am not expecting much beyond that.

As for next Switch and upres for the titles coming to it, not that, it is complicated nor simple but I honestly don't see any other way then DLSS. It's the only way to keep the form factor similar, power and battery consumption in a reasonable playground that is acceptable for them to continue the hybrid model for the next Switch.

The technology for this is still evolving and Nintendo tends to latch on technology that is a bit older, meaning it is cheaper to use in the next gaming system. Also, meaning it old tech by today standards. Nintendo always have a way of turning dated, cheap technology into something incredible. Look at the 3D technology for the 3DS, they have been tinkering with that since the GBA and GCN day, look how long it come to fruition for Nintendo? Same goes with the motion controls with the Wii and Wiimote. They only been experimenting since GCN, not long but motion control have been around for a while it was easy to afford, it was a matter of make it work with their games in mind.

So cautiously optimistic about DLSS for the next Switch and I am certain at least about backward compatibility for the next Switch and nothing more with them for performance or visual boost of Switch titles of now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...