SwitchPro...seem more imminent? / SWOLED / new hardware

On 6/30/2022 at 8:00 PM, purple_beard said:

Look, while I get the premise of the argument--too much tinfoil hat reception for me to buy that as a reason in the current economic environment.

Inflation, sales trends of the Switch, supply chain constraints to me add up the doubling up of the materials costs.

Here's what they spent in FY2019 for raw material. They definitely spent more than double, the numbers are suppose to represent millions so in 2019 it was 32 million to in 2022 is 66 million. Still it is anyones guess what this amount of cash is for, I don't think either thought is wrong for inflation or saving once the chips shortage is over. Realistic to me, I think it is the latter.

This is all precedence and coincidence, the dates and possible system reveals.

Tho, briefly mentioned, it could be something. I shouldn't weight possibility like this, it's probably a 50/50 chance of something happening. Like we hear of this with upcoming directs and this sort of thing results for a direct everytime.

When ppl observe and enough time to notice this for Nintendo system announcements, (which I never knew till now) there's nothing stopping Nintendo from doing nothing at all and it all means nothing. (outside the money saved up for raw materials and such for this year alone)

Since the delay of BotW 2 Nintendo been tweeting announcement, E3 was cancelled and Nintendo opted from their usual structure of no direct at the usual time in June. As I mentioned before we're in uncharted water with how Nintendo wants announce things for Switch coming this year 1st part or 3rd party.

So honestly in how they operating more weirder than usual of their beating to the beat of their own drum, it is real hard to anticipate than usual what Nintendo will share especially a new system. Also, especially where I stand on currently and still about a new system from Nintendo. Just not happening and beating a dead horse, their sales momentum ,etc, etc...

damn that is sexy

Those joycons!

Sorry for double post and can't delete while on my phone.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/07/nintendo-reveals-a-new-and-colourful-splatoon-3-switch-oled

@DLurkster

We both skipped over SE SWOLED

awesome;:o

Blue /yellow pro close to

Blue yellow jc set.

Edited by purple_beard
  • purple_beard changed the title to SwitchPro...seeming more imminent? / SWOLED #2 announced
32 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

See despite the skip over, this is just another SKU for OLED like red Mario Switch so this isn't a big deal.

We can move along here.

It's cool but nothing earthshattering.

Technically new hardware but I get your point....then again it's not 2023 either...

Posting this because he is a known collector of Switches.... but I haven't seen the accounts of this and the Pro still on the way...    Who knows... his content hasn't been a thing of mine for a while once Gabe dipped out.

Back to a few points:

OG:

Switch_Splatoon2_hardwarebundle_JoyCons_

*Wal Mart exclusive

*Had to get Japanese one for opposite color JCs.

pc-and-video-games-accessories-switch-ni

NEW:

FW_DD2TWIAURTeB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FW_GUDSXkAM9SZZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

* Cool, different artwork on Pro

* Love the color gradient

2-045496882211.jpg&canvas=1&min_w=750&mi

* Swear those are the same shades as on that Pro.

*Wonder if the Lime Green BBY exclusives come back as their green matches the lime green on this.

HAC_8_JCRMA-FRONT.png?width=325

• purple_beard changed the title to SwitchPro...seem more imminent? / SWOLED #2 (Splatoon 3 SE) announced

Was planning on holding off a couple more months and upgrade and get a White Oled in the Fall,  but I’m really liking the look of this one and think I’ll be getting one of these instead because man, that looks pretty sleek

Wonder when preorders will be available?

Originally was going to get one while i was around for my birthday in June, but decided to wait until i had a bit more cash on hand so i know i would have enough to spare 

The Pro Controller looks pretty nice too

2 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Was planning on holding off a couple more months and upgrade and get a White Oled in the Fall,  but I’m really liking the look of this one and think I’ll be getting one of these instead because man, that looks pretty sleek

Wonder when preorders will be available?

Originally was going to get one while i was around for my birthday in June, but decided to wait until i had a bit more cash on hand so i know i would have enough to spare 

The Pro Controller looks pretty nice too

Curious, you want to upgrade OR need to upgrade?  My OG Switch was having just enough issues for me to think the GS trade in deal for a white OLED was worth it to me.  I like it a lot--the screen is impressive.

Today's trailer put visions in my brother's head but he's got the Smash edition OG Switch.... and no real need issues arising for a upgrade unless he decides he just wants the larger screen and longer battery life--granted, he has experienced some weird JC syncing issues with his... can't recall if he has said he's had Pro sync issues.

Edited by purple_beard

I'm sure I said this before.

I'm not sure why my V2 red box Switch is still in good condition when the came out OLED and now. (This Switch came out on my b-day month of August 2019 a month before the Switch Lite) Can't say obviously I took care of my Switch then others but I concur with PB unless you really need to get OLED, there's no point if your Switch is relatively fine (each their own) but getting one for operating fine Switch or some weird joy-cons or pro controller issue, won't fix the issue with whatever new Switch. Send it to Nintendo if you want to fix the controllers or whatever not a new Switch.

The color gradient looks great! Is that the first time official Joy-Cons have been colored like that? Kinda wish the pro controller had the same treatment—I might be tempted to get another pro controller but I have no need to get new Joy-Cons.

I don't know what to make of this.

Ppl will believe what they want to believe good source info or not from the past or was correct in the past.

Just smh at what this announcement is doing to ppl, like it was already slightly unhinge but now with this its bring more ideas than present to that something is more likely now.

Let sleeping dogs lie, I guess?

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Curious, you want to upgrade OR need to upgrade?  My OG Switch was having just enough issues for me to think the GS trade in deal for a white OLED was worth it to me.  I like it a lot--the screen is impressive.

Today's trailer put visions in my brother's head but he's got the Smash edition OG Switch.... and no real need issues arising for a upgrade unless he decides he just wants the larger screen and longer battery life--granted, he has experienced some weird JC syncing issues with his... can't recall if he has said he's had Pro sync issues.

For the last few months been having some battery issues with keeping a charge for several hours on my current Switch- seems to not keep a charge and can drain pretty quickly

Pretty much keep it on a charger for most of the time for the tie being

But i figured it wouldn't hurt to upgrade

Especially since i'm not sure when we'll see the next iteration or console is right now anyway

22 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

For the last few months been having some battery issues with keeping a charge for several hours on my current Switch- seems to not keep a charge and can drain pretty quickly

Pretty much keep it on a charger for most of the time for the tie being

But i figured it wouldn't hurt to upgrade

Especially since i'm not sure when we'll see the next iteration or console is right now anyway

Speaking of Splatoon, new peripherals and lack of charge. The first pro controller I bought for Switch for Splatoon 2 was the basic black one back in December 2017 not the Splatoon 2 one. The controller as of late have been having inconsistent charges holding. So I know what you mean about anything losing a charge, that's valid if you want to get a new system outside having a consistent charge and more to a new system.

Wait or buy, that's your choice but a fix for controller wonkiness, is a little iffy. Also, go the Nintendo support about lack of charge, if you haven't already. I have and it helped but to know it seems to work temporarily, not sure what is happening for real with my pro controller of almost 5 years this December.

As much as I want to keep this thread for factual information and discussion about "the next thing" my brother and I had a long discussion today after this announcement....

*IF* there is an upgrade before a successor, what price, features, and timetable would it hit before the successor?

I find this a curious question as Switch 2.0 would need a killer app launch game... and I would call MP4, BotW2, Mario Kart 10, titles along that line.....

A Pro...or Switch 1 upgrade would probably have more ram, dlss or equivalent, maybe expanded on-board storage.... keep OLED screen...  but at what price?  What price would keep someone away from a digital PS5 and/or XBXS?  Granted portability is a factor, but real 4K vs. upcoversion is also as real.

At what price difference is it better to go ahead with Switch 2?  It would be crazy to transition through OLED, Pro, and 2 within 12-18 months from now.

21 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

As much as I want to keep this thread for factual information and discussion about "the next thing" my brother and I had a long discussion today after this announcement....

*IF* there is an upgrade before a successor, what price, features, and timetable would it hit before the successor?

I find this a curious question as Switch 2.0 would need a killer app launch game... and I would call MP4, BotW2, Mario Kart 10, titles along that line.....

A Pro...or Switch 1 upgrade would probably have more ram, dlss or equivalent, maybe expanded on-board storage.... keep OLED screen...  but at what price?  What price would keep someone away from a digital PS5 and/or XBXS?  Granted portability is a factor, but real 4K vs. upcoversion is also as real.

At what price difference is it better to go ahead with Switch 2?  It would be crazy to transition through OLED, Pro, and 2 within 12-18 months from now.

Outside of whatever titles anyone can think that will be a while till release the answers for the price and when is easy even with PS5 and Xbox Series.

For price between $400 and $450 is the sweet spot. OLED is $350, which is $50 more than the Xbox Series S model. Both the PS5 and Xbox Series is $500.

Not matter how powerful the successor is to the Switch you can't price that most think will continue the system hybrid of console and handheld of $500 or north of $450 at most. No one no matter how die hard Nintendo fan will buy a Nintendo system at $500. So $400 to $450 is how they gotta do it when the successor happens.

As for when, that is easier too. The writing has somewhat been on the walls with MK8 DX DLC and Xenoblad Chronicles DLC expansion pass ending in December 2023. Not definitive of course but a good indication of when we start to see a shift. We have to see how next year shapes out with upcoming releases that year and any new releases yet to be shared will be shared. So depending on that late 2023 of news on successor or 2024 in general for sure. All what I say could be for naught depending on sales of Switch next year and how long Nintendo thinks and wants this Switch to last before the jump to the successor but not before it loses too much steam to the next one.

That is why to me all this talk of Switch Pro or whatever is all too soon with the aging system now and how good it is doing in sales so to me, this thread has never been factual but more speculative. My opinion to me but the facst above to me seem so obvious with knowledge of the big DLC ending December 2023, is when we'll hear a inkling of some murmurs of the next Switch. Not even close when this all started, before yesterday or even now.