Pokemon Presents - Feb 26 - 7:00AM PST

GameFreak tries to rush out Gen 9 by the end of the year.

Featuring over 30 new Pokemon, 4 new Gyms, and a brand new battle mechanic, Mega-Z-Ultramalax, where Junichi Masuda will personally leap out of your Switch and take a huge shit directly down your throat!

Pre-order both versions now and unlock a special Pikachu wearing top-hat and monocle, with the Truant hidden ability!

30 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Snap gets dated and shown off

Go sequels get announced

2 surprise games

They get their anniversary blowout

Snap was already dated. End of April I think. Showing it off with gameplay footage would be nice.

Johto Go I could see, but hard pass. The first was boring af.

Sinnoh remake could happen.

Pokemon Sleep might get brought back up.

Sword/Shield Definitive Edition 

20 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Snap was already dated. End of April I think. Showing it off with gameplay footage would be nice.

Johto Go I could see, but hard pass. The first was boring af.

Sinnoh remake could happen.

Pokemon Sleep might get brought back up.

Sword/Shield Definitive Edition 

They kind of did the definitive edition of Sword and Shield when they re released them with the dlc.

The game+DLC release is like $90, I don't even want to do the math of how much it cost in Canada.

I bought them before they had option was gonna get the DLC, despite ppl thinking paying more to have more Pokemon that should of been the base game. I was looking forward to the new experiences the base game didn't have, I never looked at it as they should of added those experiences to the base. I can separate what Pokemon were cut for the DLC from the experience. To me it seem like ppl like lumped the experience and cut Pokemon and didn't try acknowledge one and the other. Also I think most ppl known but didn't care that you didn't have the pay to get the cut Pokemon if you didn't have the DLC, as long as you have NSO you can trade anyone you know that have the DLC for those Pokemon.

But who cares, FUCK POKEMON RIGHT!?!

Anyways, I will look forward to what they will share tomorrow. I have sort of no hope for gen 4 remake but that would be nice. Think we're definitely gonna see gameplay of New Pokemon Snap. Also we will see Unite, I don't care for that mobile game but it's gonna be there. Speaking of mobile games, we're gonna see another one, I don't know what the gameplay will be, they will surprise us.

Outside the Unite and mobile, I excited to see what will be shown for Pokemon 25th anniversary.

Controversial opinion... culling the Dex was one of the best moves a Pokemon game has ever made. Competitive battling in Gen 7 was an absolute dumpster fire. The power creep was insane. Every team was just legendaries, ultra beasts, and megas, with so many immediately deadly strategies it was impossible to counter much and one wrong opening move could end the battle. Compare that to the early Sword/Shield meta, in which dozens of Pokemon were finally able to shine. The most threatening sweeper by far was Dragapult and no one else. Stakes were low and you could comfortably play balanced, versatile, midrange Pokemon who could run 2/2 attack/status moves. It was rare for one Pokemon to suddenly flip the match and snowball through a clean sweep.

... But now most of that old jank has returned and the meta is back to the same old dumpster fire. Competitive Pokemon has been more and more degenerate with every release. Sword/Shield demonstrated perfectly why the Dex needs to be reined in.

Also, despite my deep emotional connection to Diamond and Pearl, I kind of hope tomorrow's announcement is just Let's Go Johto, just for the DP remakes to get memed to the distortion world and back.

Not going into it with too high of expectations, but....

I think a new Pokemon TCG and Pinball game would be nice to see - and ports of the first two would be nice if possible

And a new game in the veins of Pokemon Stadium/Battle Revolution series would also be nice - it's been quite awhile since we've had a game like that - (i think Battle Revolution on the Wii was the last time we got a game like that, if im remembering correctly)

Although on the other hand, i have doubts that any of them will happen any time soon as far as i can tell considering how dormant they've been after all these years... but it would be nice to see new entries in those series again if they do happen after all these years

Also a new good Pokemon Rumble game would be nice - something in the vein of the first one, imo - always was fond of that game with how it did things

But even if there's a chance that not everything will interest me, i'll be looking forward to it regardless

Edited by Shadow118
25 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

It's not just about the Dexit.

It's about removing features from previous games, lying to consumers, adding half-assed gimmicks to the battle system without ever bothering to fine-tune them in later games, and most of all, rushing shit out the door year after year just to meet an arbitrary deadline.

Yea, them removing features from previous games has always bugged me. Why remove something people like, that works? It never made any sense to me.

Another half assed problem is the Y Comm in Sword and Shield. I've gotten used to it, but the ones from X and Y and SM and USUM are better imo.

Not a fan of them rushing things either. Saw it especially in Sword and Shield. In towns and cities that weren't really interactive, backgrounds that were shortcut blended in (battle ones) [recognized it from the type of blending that I sometimes do in signatures], etc..

Edited by Doc Brown