Nintendo Direct for Feb. 17th (2:00 P.M. PST/5:00 P.M. EST); ~50 minutes long

Isotope

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

Wow. I don't remember a dang thing about how I got mine. I don't do preorders without incentives--I just show up early and get lucky. Probably helps that I don't go for special edition stuff. Except... now that I think about it... I was seeing the Creating a Champion art book's special edition for like $40 back in December, and now it's $150 and sold out everywhere even though it's supposedly a 2018 release and nothing should've changed.

... Well, I guess it also helps that I'm okay with missing out on cool products.

Well, the Zelda franchise has been known for gold cartridges ...a matching gold controller was too enticing!

26 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I also have the LoZ:SS bundle and that Wiimote is indeed pretty sweet. I ripped that CD to my computer so I could put it on my iPod (Now on my iPhone). It's such a fantastic little freebie just for buying the game (IIRC, it came with all copies of the game). As someone who was in band and marching band (percussionist/drum line), I absolutely loved hearing all these Zelda songs fully orchestrated. One of my fav. songs on the CD is the Gerudo Valley theme.

Reveal hidden contents

I also made sure to get the gold Nuncuk from Club Nintendo to go with the gold LoZ Wiimote. I kind of want to get the Zelda Joy-Con, but a pair of new Joy-Con are still pretty pricy (not to mention Joy-Con drift too) and they pair that came with my Switch are still perfectly fine. *knocks on wood*

*It sucks that the one offered via Club Nintendo in Japan came in full retail packaging, while the one NOA offered came in a baggie like it was a referb/replacement part or something. :(  

Ahhh the elusive gold nunchuck.... I didn't go for that....

Wow, I forgot I got the gold Nunchuck as well. Man has it been that long I haven't played a Wii game?

4 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

*The game re-explaining what a collectible is the first time you pick one up every single time to load your save file.

*Fi’s reminders.

*Motion controls for vine-swinging, tightrope walking, and skydiving.

*Goron save glitch.

Hmm, never experienced that Goron save glitch. I haven't PO the game similar reasons but I just want to see what QoL they will bring like the did with WWH, they didn't do much with TPHD. I am being cautiously optimistic with any changes, it will be nice if the controls are tighter, and the button controls are as good as they are.

I think most outside of the list things that could be better, ppl who actual played this game to end is playing this game for the story (sort of like Super Paper Mario), it is one of the best that even rivals Wind Waker imo.

When it comes to those special edition Joy-Cons, I don't care what fate falls those SS Joy-Cons, I will move heaven and earth for those things. It is a fucking must have!

Edited by DLurkster

Any fellow Canadians: The BBY and Wal-Mart SS Joy-Cons went live about a hour ago, sold out in 3-7 minutes where BBY only had 700 stock and Wal-Mart 275.

I am not posting that as bad news but the major retailers in Canada are going live with these PO's. I have saved this link from Amazon in when they will go live here: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08WWC1ZPV/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_H606HJTGN5NB0QGQSY3R since @EH_STEVE shared on the 22 of last month of Joy-Cons links of US retailers.

The link is a heads up when they go live as I said BBY and Wal-Mart in Canada have went live not too long ago and sold out.

Sorry to hear that Steve, I know you're not following this thread but thought you were keeping an eye on here at least. I know you are signed in most of the time, I'll just mention you hear when these retailers go live. I don't know how much that will help but with all of these going live they sell out in less than 10 minutes, like the Amazon Canada one I hear sold out in 1-3 minutes, compared to the BBY and Wal-Mart was like 3-7 minutes.

I think when they started to go live in Canada scalpers were afoot but when I hear how much they have on stock, there's just that many ppl who are buying for just themselves. There's no limit on each of the website and I seen a few who buy like 3 max for other ppl. So the concern is that Nintendo have probably not made a lot of supply for the possible demand as usual. Like this weird, ppl know of the Joy-Con drift but ppl still will get but I think most will just have it boxed for collections and at the same time tho not mentioned yet, these controllers has to be a part of Zelda's 35th anniversary so why not have enough for those who want to get these. I just don't get what is going on with the supply of these controllers.

3 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Sorry to hear that Steve, I know you're not following this thread but thought you were keeping an eye on here at least. I know you are signed in most of the time, I'll just mention you hear when these retailers go live. I don't know how much that will help but with all of these going live they sell out in less than 10 minutes, like the Amazon Canada one I hear sold out in 1-3 minutes, compared to the BBY and Wal-Mart was like 3-7 minutes.

I think when they started to go live in Canada scalpers were afoot but when I hear how much they have on stock, there's just that many ppl who are buying for just themselves. There's no limit on each of the website and I seen a few who buy like 3 max for other ppl. So the concern is that Nintendo have probably not made a lot of supply for the possible demand as usual. Like this weird, ppl know of the Joy-Con drift but ppl still will get but I think most will just have it boxed for collections and at the same time tho not mentioned yet, these controllers has to be a part of Zelda's 35th anniversary so why not have enough for those who want to get these. I just don't get what is going on with the supply of these controllers.

I took a few days off work and spent them offline. Luckily my local EB is still confirming they're release day only, first come first serve.

Yeah, I forgot to say that you said EBGames will have on day of release. There's that as well, GL. If you know the drill, you will get these day of.

I was fortunate to get snag a PO with Wal-Mart Canada, little different when I remember the amiibocalypse that was wave 4 with Ness, Charizard and Wario. I remember I was on EBGames as they went live and because there was so much traffic the website was not loading things properly so there was a chance you didn't cart out or purchase. I know for me I made to the cash out as the site was going wonky and loading minutes on end till it went thru. Tho back then I never knew an order that went thru may get cancelled due to overestimated stock, luckily again that didn't happened to me. I hope and this is the 2nd time I saying this aloud that the PO I did on Wal-Mart don't cancel on me for those Joy-Cons.