Nintendo Direct for Feb. 17th (2:00 P.M. PST/5:00 P.M. EST); ~50 minutes long

Isotope

It is thanks to the amiibo game I'm still in that I know that Canada is much slow than the US. I can wait. I'm usually on top of things when it comes to close to being first to know when something I want comes up in Canada.

EDIT: So wait they are doing right right now in-store PO at EBGames?!? Well, that's not gonna work for me, tho some of Ontario is still under lockdown, I live in one where it has not been lifted and it may not till March 8th. Today was supposed to be the day it lifted for us too.

Why would they do in-store order this far in advance? I get it for online PO's but in store where cities might no be open to do so. Like if this was a month to 2 weeks before for in-store I would get it. I know for a while that some amiibo from there don't PO's but you just have to walk-in and buy since they get limited stocks at each store.

Edited by DLurkster

Hmmm, I got the tweet late with this one at Target: https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-joy-con-l-r-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-edition/-/A-82493734?clkid=7e0794d6N1b3311ebb3a742010a246e31&lnm=520943&afid=Wario64&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002#lnk=sametab

Already sold out, sold out in 15 minutes or so.

As for those PO's you posted Steve, I believe those sold out on Friday, I heard about those.

56 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

It is thanks to the amiibo game I'm still in that I know that Canada is much slow than the US. I can wait. I'm usually on top of things when it comes to close to being first to know when something I want comes up in Canada.

EDIT: So wait they are doing right right now in-store PO at EBGames?!? Well, that's not gonna work for me, tho some of Ontario is still under lockdown, I live in one where it has not been lifted and it may not till March 8th. Today was supposed to be the day it lifted for us too.

Why would they do in-store order this far in advance? I get it for online PO's but in store where cities might no be open to do so. Like if this was a month to 2 weeks before for in-store I would get it. I know for a while that some amiibo from there don't PO's but you just have to walk-in and buy since they get limited stocks at each store.

Nonono. No Preorders. At. All. You want it in-store? Show up at launch.

I do recall that and have the anniversary set with CD soundtrack and Golden Wii remote plus. I think this is the middle ground of that celebration for SSHD. Obviously, there gonna share what else is there to present to celebrate ins some direct like they did with SMB, questions is when is that gonna happen.

I got the original Skyward Sword bundle too! Best Wiimote ever, and the CD was the only music in my car for years.

I'm not worried about the new joy-cons. I think Nintendo will probably manufacture a surplus of them knowing they'll sell like crazy. Then again, this IS Nintendo... so maybe they'll just produce ten and act surprised when they get scalped 1000%. For how much they want our money, they sure don't want our money.

Edited by Destiny Hero
1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

I got the original Skyward Sword bundle too! Best Wiimote ever, and the CD was the only music in my car for years.

I'm not worried about the new joy-cons. I think Nintendo will probably manufacture a surplus of them knowing they'll sell like crazy. Then again, this IS Nintendo... so maybe they'll just produce ten and act surprised when they get scalped 1000%. For how much they want our money, they sure don't want our money.

I had that too but I had the most interesting path to getting it....

Did the PO at TRU, on the day of pick up TRU got screwed on the Zelda Wiimotes and so their only remedy was to give anyone with that bundle a free wiimote of any color they wanted.  My brother and I debated for like 10-15m and basically, we took them up for the SS+ pepto blue wiimote and that became his Christmas present and I scoured my town for the proper bundle only to find at my last stop, Target, one ad the literal back back corner of the cabinet they keep the games in.  I can't say TRU didn't try to make a bad situation right but obviously the Zelda Wiimote was cooler than any random old color.

15 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

*The game re-explaining what a collectible is the first time you pick one up every single time to load your save file.

*Fi’s reminders.

*Motion controls for vine-swinging, tightrope walking, and skydiving.

*Goron save glitch.

Wow. That's frustrating.  I hope they sort those out. Do you know what causes the Goron save glitch?

6 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

IIRC, something about talking to a specific Goron during the Song of the Hero quest near the end of the game.

Wow. That sucks. Ran into a save glitch in Weakwood Throne which seems similar.  I talked with an npc, then tried to finish something in game, came back and the game hard froze.

23 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I had that too but I had the most interesting path to getting it....

Did the PO at TRU, on the day of pick up TRU got screwed on the Zelda Wiimotes and so their only remedy was to give anyone with that bundle a free wiimote of any color they wanted.  My brother and I debated for like 10-15m and basically, we took them up for the SS+ pepto blue wiimote and that became his Christmas present and I scoured my town for the proper bundle only to find at my last stop, Target, one ad the literal back back corner of the cabinet they keep the games in.  I can't say TRU didn't try to make a bad situation right but obviously the Zelda Wiimote was cooler than any random old color.

Wow. I don't remember a dang thing about how I got mine. I don't do preorders without incentives--I just show up early and get lucky. Probably helps that I don't go for special edition stuff. Except... now that I think about it... I was seeing the Creating a Champion art book's special edition for like $40 back in December, and now it's $150 and sold out everywhere even though it's supposedly a 2018 release and nothing should've changed.

... Well, I guess it also helps that I'm okay with missing out on cool products.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:47 PM, Destiny Hero said:

I also have the LoZ:SS bundle and that Wiimote is indeed pretty sweet. I ripped that CD to my computer so I could put it on my iPod (Now on my iPhone). It's such a fantastic little freebie just for buying the game (IIRC, it came with all copies of the game). As someone who was in band and marching band (percussionist/drum line), I absolutely loved hearing all these Zelda songs fully orchestrated. One of my fav. songs on the CD is the Gerudo Valley theme.

Spoiler

I also made sure to get the gold Nuncuk from Club Nintendo to go with the gold LoZ Wiimote. I kind of want to get the Zelda Joy-Con, but a pair of new Joy-Con are still pretty pricy (not to mention Joy-Con drift too) and they pair that came with my Switch are still perfectly fine. *knocks on wood*

*It sucks that the one offered via Club Nintendo in Japan came in full retail packaging, while the one NOA offered came in a baggie like it was a referb/replacement part or something. :(  

Edited by alienboyva