Nintendo Direct for Feb. 17th (2:00 P.M. PST/5:00 P.M. EST); ~50 minutes long

Isotope

Unlikely, but notice how nothing about the Smash announcement mentioned anything about a new character reveal. For all we know, it could be a new mode, or a restructuring of the online servers that are supposedly finally being replaced after 18 years.

Of course, none of that is likely to happen, so watch it be Crash/Doomguy/Robotnik or whatever. y;

11 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Unlikely, but notice how nothing about the Smash announcement mentioned anything about a new character reveal. For all we know, it could be a new mode, or a restructuring of the online servers that are supposedly finally being replaced after 18 years.

Of course, none of that is likely to happen, so watch it be Crash/Doomguy/Robotnik or whatever. y;

I forget for which DLC character but Sakurai said there will be no more no modes after home run. So yeah, new mode is maybe likely but when has Sakurai said something and it stick?

Character reveal or new mode, no expectations.

Oh it's a biggun!  They have plenty to talk about too just thinking on announced games that have yet to get an update in a bit along with updates on current titles.  Really hoping for a new BotW2 trailer and crossing my fingers for something around MonolithSoft's new project. (Also hoping for a Xenoblade X port)

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Well, IMO, there are some critical "everyone is here" mantra stages that haven't come yet....

Doomguy would be over the top...and could be EPIC.

Robotnik would be super cool to have Sonic's big bad to go along with Mario's big bad.

I mean, if we got Mario and Sonic then.... Crash is the only guy out there in that vein with his trolling Nintendo commericials already a part of his history....

2 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

I'm hype but I usually don't hope for certain announcements since it leads to disappointment so I just wing it.

Yes, keeping expectations in check is always good going into these directs. 

I simply hope for the same things as always: Eternal Darkness 2, a new F-Zero and another Another. 

The new Smash Character(s) are looking quite nice - i find this more appealing than the previous one 

And Outer Wilds is coming to Switch, huh? I can’t say if I recall if this was already known information or not - i had some interest in this game awhile ago

Nice to see it brought to Switch, though - might pick it up on Switch at some point

Oh hey - a new Mario Golf Game

Been awhile since we’ve gotten a Gold game - hopefully this one actually turns out good...

I can’t say I’ve been too thrilled on how sone of the recent Mario sports games have turned out.. last two I really liked were the Tennis and Golf ones on GameCube, so...

And using Miis again? That’s a surprise - been awhile since they’ve used em

Neon White looks interesting- not sure if it’s something I’d be interested in, but... interesting