Nintendo Direct for Feb. 17th (2:00 P.M. PST/5:00 P.M. EST); ~50 minutes long

Isotope

• Isotope changed the title to Nintendo Direct for Feb. 17th (2:00 P.M. PST/5:00 P.M. EST); ~50 minutes long

Well that’s a nice surprise- 50 minutes to boot

It’s nice to finally see a new Nintendo Direct for the first time in awhile 

Might have to wait until it’s finished and uploaded, though... watching livestreams using my phone’s Personal Hotspot doesn’t usually work too well from past experience 

Maybe I’ll be able to figure something out

Okay, so we know there is going to be Smash information based on what was written in the social media posts. We also know that Zelda's 35th Anniversary is 2/21 and Pokemon's 25th Anniversary is 2/27, so I have a good feeling we will likely hear about one of them, if not both of them, in the Direct tomorrow.

While I know Smash didn't do much for Mario's 35th last year, would it be too far out of left field to suggest a 35th Anniversary Zelda rep as DLC in Smash? The Mario series technically did have an additional rep added earlier via Piranha Plant, and we could definitely do with another Zelda rep since they haven't had a "new" rep since Toon Link back in Brawl. The only question then would be who or what would their Anniversary rep be?

1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

Okay, so we know there is going to be Smash information based on what was written in the social media posts. We also know that Zelda's 35th Anniversary is 2/21 and Pokemon's 25th Anniversary is 2/27, so I have a good feeling we will likely hear about one of them, if not both of them, in the Direct tomorrow.

While I know Smash didn't do much for Mario's 35th last year, would it be too far out of left field to suggest a 35th Anniversary Zelda rep as DLC in Smash? The Mario series technically did have an additional rep added earlier via Piranha Plant, and we could definitely do with another Zelda rep since they haven't had a "new" rep since Toon Link back in Brawl. The only question then would be who or what would their Anniversary rep be?

*If they went the Mario route...  I do think Paper Mario would be interesting

*If they went the LoZ route ...  I am a big fan of doing Pig Ganon from LoZ/ALttP...  has staff/trident, can shoot fireballs/bats, can teleport ...stage could be some throne room action out of LoZ or ALttP.

Glad no one posted this here yet....

Image result for it's been 3000 years meme

Even tho we haven't had one like 532 days (may be off by a day or 2, almost year and half)

I cannot like with most direct versions have too much expectations, it is better especially when we have had ND proper this long.

Will just look forward that we're having one.

Going forward with proper directs I will be calling them ND, something new for 2021 for me.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:
2 hours ago, Surge135 said:

*If they went the Mario route...  I do think Paper Mario would be interesting

*If they went the LoZ route ...  I am a big fan of doing Pig Ganon from LoZ/ALttP...  has staff/trident, can shoot fireballs/bats, can teleport ...stage could be some throne room action out of LoZ or ALttP.

Yeah, I agree with Paper Mario.

If they do add another LoZ rep to SSBU for LoZ's 35th, I could totally see it being Tetra or possibly Toon Zelda. Though now that I think of it, Zelda's ALBW model they use in SSBU is very similar to Toon Zelda, plus it she already has an attack from Spirit Tracks with the Phantom Slash. So, Tetra would be the safe bet, IMO. 

Izc4cI1.pngtqQuzeO.png

Edited by alienboyva
3 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I just realize what will be probably the most boring part of the direct tomorrow is the reminder of the NES and SNES game for NSO coming out tomorrow.

I'm hoping that they announce a new system like GB/GBC or N64. Though, I'd really like to see another freebie game announced, like with Tetris 99 and Super Mario 35.

Edited by alienboyva
16 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I'm hoping that they announce a new system like GB/GBC or N64. Though, I'd really like to see another freebie game announced, like with Tetris 99 and Super Mario 35.

This is why I don't have expectations for ND, this is nice but I'm not wishing it there tomorrow, if the above happens then cool.

No expectations.

Edited by DLurkster