Balduq - N4A Chat Thread - February 2021

Stephen 776

So, this stupid song has been stuck in my head for the past few days (I don't regularly watch The Tonight Show, I just happened to leave the TV on for a few mins. after my late local news). To make things worse, I went to Mickey D's last night (I snagged a pack of those PKMN 25th cards they have there) and when I pulled up to the line at the drive-thru, I spontaneously started singing this song. anhero; 

Anyway, speaking of Hi-C... Hi-C orange was my go to drink at Mickey D's ever since I was a kid. A few years a go I got tired of it and started getting Sprite. Then they got Fanta orange and I was like "Hell yeah! REAL orange soda." and I've been getting that ever since. It's cool to see that Hi-C is coming back, but too bad they don't have Hi-C orange vanilla, like you can get in those Coke machines with the touchscreen and all those drinks/flavors. That shit is sooooo good!!!! Seriously, try it the the next time you're at one of those Coke machines.

...You're welcome. 😏

Edited by alienboyva

I dug out an old Sansa Sandisk MP3 player. It looks like this:

Spoiler

41cvzzQCYjL._AC_SY400_.jpg.a60e62230b83e7a726aea23a4d49c4fa.jpg

I know it's nostalgia, but this tiny lil device was and is still really cool. I remember my brother buying this as a birthday gift back in 2008, when iPods were all the rage. I remember wanting this instead because I really hated using itunes. It only has 2GB of storage, which seemed adequate at the time. I remember converting most of my library into .wma format because I couldn't discern the difference on my super cheap earbuds. I would eventually come to regret that decision, but for a beautiful moment in time, I was able to fit the entire Super Smash Bros. Brawl soundtrack on my tiny MP3 player and carry it with me anywhere.

Edited by Youngster Joey

ahhh i love MP3 players, there's something totally different about listening to music on one rather than a phone

i had a bunch of different mp3 players throughout the year, my first one being in the late 90s and it was only big enough to hold 3 songs on it lol. mine had genie in a bottle, the cha cha slide part 2, and every morning by sugar ray theydonothing; 

i had a cheap 20 dollar one from the dollar store in middle/high school and i distinctly remember listening to the Chicago soundtrack on my bus ride to school every single morning

and then eventually my mom got me an ipod classic after those came out and i loved that thing into the ground 

59 minutes ago, winterberry said:

ahhh i love MP3 players, there's something totally different about listening to music on one rather than a phone

i had a bunch of different mp3 players throughout the year, my first one being in the late 90s and it was only big enough to hold 3 songs on it lol. mine had genie in a bottle, the cha cha slide part 2, and every morning by sugar ray theydonothing; 

i had a cheap 20 dollar one from the dollar store in middle/high school and i distinctly remember listening to the Chicago soundtrack on my bus ride to school every single morning

and then eventually my mom got me an ipod classic after those came out and i loved that thing into the ground 

Word. I still have my ipod classic. Gotta get its jack replaced though.

Edited by Doc Brown

i only ever had one or two hand me downs that tended to break so for a long time i didn't have an mp3 player
instead i'd put a ton of music with foobar2k on a flash drive in high school and listen to it whenever i got the chance to use a computer in class lol
i finally got one of the sansa ones had flac support and a microsd port and i was real stoked about it
but after i got it the battery went to shit real fast so it was basically useless :v

Though im a few days late, but several days ago Good Smile for WonHobby 32 announced a bunch of new (mostly?) stuff that’s in production or stuff that’s coming out

A lot of cool things are coming out im interested in...

Not that I’d be able to afford the majority of these considering how expensive things can get...

Granted i was somewhat surprised and pleased to see that we’re getting a Lucifer Nendoroid from Helltaker coming out at some point

Hopefully we’ll get Nendoroids of the other characters - and some Figmas of at some point would be pretty sweet too, honestly..

....To be honest, I haven’t gotten back to that game yet in awhile

Only played it briefly awhile ago since i think i heard it was on the shorter side... so I didn’t really want to rush through it too quickly

For some reason I used to be so against MP3 players when they first became a thing. I was still happy carrying around my portable CD player and case of CDs. It wasn't until my aunt got me one of these for my birthday one year that I realized how awesomely convenient MP3 players were.

Spoiler

s-l400.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l400.jpgs-l640.jpg

I then got a Motorola SLVR L7 cell phone for X-mas a few years later, which had iTunes built in. This phone was pretty damn cool for the time. Not only, because it had iTunes built in, but because of how thin it was. The only downside was that there was a limit on how many songs you could put on it via iTunes (most likely Apple restriction), regardless of the size micro SD card you had in the phone. Also, I remember I made this sweet DDR theme for it with the wallpaper, screensaver and ringtone. 

Spoiler

Image result for moto slvrImage result for moto slvr itunes

Eventually I ended up getting a 3rd gen iPod Nano. (I love how that thing had cover flow on it. Apple should really bring it back) and now I currently have an iPhone 8. I do listen to music on it, but nowadays, if I want to listen to music I usually just use Pandora. I have my stations setup by genera, so I can just put on shuffle and it will just play stuff I like, without, me having to choose a song/album from my music library. Plus, it let's me hear stuff I like that's not in my music library, which helps discover new stuff that I may want to add to my library (for when not on Wi-Fi or wanting to use cellular data). 

Spoiler

ImageImage

Edited by alienboyva

It was the 10th anniversary for The Last Story on the Wii recently (the Japanese release at least). I doubt it'll happen but I'd love to replay this game with HD graphics instead of the Wii's SD. I know the game was never as popular as Xenoblade Chronicles when they both released around the same time in North America, and it's a bit more of a cliché JRPG, but I really loved it. Plus it has an Uematsu soundtrack, so it's got that going for it.

In general, I feel like the other two Rainfall games got unfairly overshadowed.

There was this whole feeling of "Oh wow, I can't believe we're actually getting ALL THREE of these games that NOA originally didn't want to touch because the Wii is dying; that's so awesome! Hey, wait a minute... how come they're not as good as Xenoblade?"

Perhaps if TLS or PT had come out first, it would've been a different story...