Balduq - N4A Chat Thread - February 2021

Stephen 776

5 hours ago, winterberry said:

DmxJ79lU0AA_r8J?format=jpg&name=large

how ya'll eating your toast

i only ask bc i forgot to change the settings this morning and now my favorite 'this is just hot bread' option has been ruined by ty's 'incredibly normal real toast'

anything over 2 is too hard......whats the point.....just eat a cracker...

the lowest setting on the toaster gives me 2 so it's perfect
if in a pan it's like 3 i guess but that makes it darker per 'level' than a toaster so it's hard to say

Been playing quite a few new Demos on Steam the past few days

Spoiler

Liked/will revisit:
Bloodroots
Tree of Life: Oddria!
Dorfromantik
Retro Machina
Foregone
Pronty: Fishy Adventure

Couldn't get into/didn't like:
WizardPunk
Tunche
Summertime Madness
Lost Words: Beyond the Page
Jack Axe
Astro Pirates
Arid
Starsand
SkateBIRD
Medievalien
Potentia
Girls Overboard Demo

Nine Noir Lives

Might consider revisiting:
Gal*Gun Returns
Tower Princess
Frozen Flame

Interesting, but probably not for me or not sure on:
Ghost on the Shore
Genesis Noir
Alekon

?:
BALAN WONDERWORLD

Of the ones i played, most of them i didn't or couldn't get into all that much

Did find a few games that i liked or caught my interest, at least and added to my Steam wishlist

Think i went through everything that was released from the Steam Games Festival... i think, anyway

Aside from one that's too large that i can't download at the moment

Edited by Shadow118

I was gifted $50 in eShop credit for my birthday, and the only thing that's interesting me is trying one of the Atelier games. Their cost usually deters me, but I have money to blow in this case. Can anyone recommend Atelier Ryza? Is the performance really bad on Switch? Graphical downgrades are acceptable, but load times would be more concerning.

Update: learned that the game doesn't have an English dub. That's a little discouraging.

Edited by Youngster Joey

Playing through Final Fantasy VII again has made me feel like it's a game that's too popular for it's own good.

Even if I hadn't beaten the game once before, there are some plot twists that could've been genuinely shocking if A) they hadn't been relentlessly copied by other games trying to replicate it's success, and B) they weren't the very first thing you hear about the story due to being spoiled by people on the internet.

I gave Final Fantasy VII a shot years, years later after its release, on my own terms. I first played it when the game came out, and I think the first mission is where I stopped, personally. I was perhaps seven when it came out. Apparently, my parents didn't know the ESRB at the time. I know there's a lot of hype or whatever that happened since then, but I really wanted to give it a genuine shot since the last time I played it. I played VI before delving back to VII, knowing that those two butt heads as the best in the series... maybe along with IX. 

Yes, I knew the beats that were coming, and the game has been given way too much exposure; but even with that... there's nothing really outright horrible about the game. Yes, the art design is a little bit dated, and the censored swearing is laughable, and some of the characters don't have good development, and the story is odd at times, but I enjoyed it for the music, the gameplay, the mini-games, the content, and those cutscenes. I personally don't consider it the best game of all time; but even though there are good reasons to criticize it, there are good reasons to play it. Two of my favorite moments of playing the game were beating a certain cheap super boss and getting that summon after doing that one mini game. They took forever to take care of, but the immediate reward was so gratifying.  

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams