Balduq - N4A Chat Thread - February 2021

Stephen 776

5 minutes ago, Pichi said:

@winterberry send me all ur manga i will gladly read ithamnap;

don't understand ppl who act like reading manga is harder than watching anime when you can put it down and pick it up so easily

speaking of, i read that manga u suggested to me last time we chatted and caught up w it flower; 

recommend me more things

Just now, Stephen 776 said:

currently at chapter 652

i know i was just talking about manga being easier but i always forget about how long one piece is and how insane it must be to catch up to if you haven't been reading it for a long time y;

18 minutes ago, Pichi said:

!! your thoughts on it?

i think the peppy gf is kinda nasty and that takes me out of it a bit lmfao. their relationship is believable but not exactly my cup of tea mostly bc it DOES kinda seem like they're only together bc they're gay which is fine (and wildly realistic, even if they were straight) but just doesn't really appeal to me that much. i can understand why their friends are like 'are you sure they're good together??' 

BUT i also fucking hate it when people say that about my own relationship, so who knows lol. i imagine as the story goes on they'll grow and get closer and it becomes more touching and that's probably when i'd learn to love it a lot more flower; 

i do especially like the bits of the side characters examining their own homophobia or biases and heartbreak, etc bc its very relatable and understandable 

also my fave character is usshii

do you guys lock your front door when you come into your home?? like just in general?

i can't tell if i'm just insane bc living in the US gave me brain rot thinking some dude was gonna break in and steal everything including my virtue but our roommate 80% of the time comes into the apartment and just leaves the door unlocked after him, sometimes overnight and i'm just like

bro

10 minutes ago, winterberry said:

do you guys lock your front door when you come into your home?? like just in general?

i can't tell if i'm just insane bc living in the US gave me brain rot thinking some dude was gonna break in and steal everything including my virtue but our roommate 80% of the time comes into the apartment and just leaves the door unlocked after him, sometimes overnight and i'm just like

bro

I lock the door all the time. I check the front and back doors every night. I often get out of bed to check the doors.

I've been living like this for 20 years now. :(

18 minutes ago, winterberry said:

bro

I often didn't, when it was up to me.

I always found the mentality to mandate this to be exceedingly paranoid and anti-communal—something modern living is in many ways otherwise. Of course everyone's sketchy; people are organised in to vast suburban sprawls with cookie-cutter single-family homes that are too large for a single family, arranged in grids and relegated away from the rest of "living" society. These units can hardly be called a "community" most of the time because nobody knows or has a reason to know each other, partly because everyone assumes that everyone else is going to steal from and/or kill them.

It's a fire that consumes itself.

Later on, I looked back on it and realised that it's also exceedingly racist. Legit, lived for a few months with my cousin and her boyfriend and they were all sorts of bent out of shape because a black guy at some unspecified point in the past held up some convenience store or dispensary or whatever shortly before being shot (three guesses by whom)... if I'm remembering the story correctly. From then on, this was a "dangerous neighbourhood" to them. Doors locked at all times—no exceptions. Naturally, they owned a couple of AR-15's because that's necessary. My ex-Army ass disassembled one of them pretty much immediately upon being allowed to hold it and, sure enough, I found its insides caked in carbon. It's a wonder it hadn't blown back in her face by then.

... White people are fuckin' dumb, man.

But hey... that's just my experience. It might be different for some of you.

Edited by ᚬᚾᛏ ᛅᛋᚴᛅ
12 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I lock the door all the time. I check the front and back doors every night. I often get out of bed to check the doors.

I've been living like this for 20 years now. :(

oh so ur livin the Sarah Deluxe Lifestyle 

i always sleep on the farthest side of the bed from the door bc i figure it'll give me some unseen advantage if someone tries to break in theydonothing; 

11 minutes ago, ᚬᚾᛏ ᛅᛋᚴᛅ said:

I often didn't, when it was up to me.

I always found the mentality to mandate this to be exceedingly paranoid and anti-communal—something modern living is in many ways otherwise. Of course everyone's sketchy; people are organised in to vast suburban sprawls with cookie-cutter single-family homes that are too large for a single family, arranged in grids and relegated away from the rest of "living" society. These units can hardly be called a "community" most of the time because nobody knows or has a reason to know each other, partly because everyone assumes that everyone else is going to steal from and/or kill them.

It's a fire that consumes itself.

Later on, I looked back on it and realised that it's also exceedingly racist. Legit, lived for a few months with my cousin and her boyfriend and they were all sorts of bent out of shape because a black guy at some unspecified point in the past held up some convenience store or dispensary or whatever shortly before being shot (three guesses by whom)... if I'm remembering the story correctly. From then on, this was a "dangerous neighbourhood" to them. Doors locked at all times—no exceptions. Naturally, they owned a couple of AR-15's because that's necessary. My ex-Army ass disassembled one of them pretty much immediately upon being allowed to hold it and, sure enough, I found its insides caked in carbon. It's a wonder it hadn't blown back in her face by then.

... White people are fuckin' dumb, man.

But hey... that's just my experience. It might be different for some of you.

the only place i've ever been where people didn't was visiting a very small town in minnesota where my aunt lived...this was back in the early 2000s iirc, and my mom was appalled we were about to go out for dinner and her sister was about to just leave the house unlocked with no one home lol

>aren't you going to lock up?

>lock up for what?

idk.....all it took was being followed home from work once to really cement how easy it would be for a man to do whatever he wants whenever he wants, so i have a hard time thinking its paranoid to be this way and with how easy information is unknowingly available nowadays, but you're right about the modern living bit. i remember frequently going over to neighbors houses and their front doors would be wide open for me and my brother, and i remember their names and faces and homes and stories. i haven't known a neighbor since we moved away from that, and even if i think being scared is valid for me, it is still depressing sometimes y; 

part of why i can't imagine raising a family in these times, as 'get off my lawn' as it sounds lol

13 minutes ago, winterberry said:

the only place i've ever been where people didn't was visiting a very small town in minnesota where my aunt lived...this was back in the early 2000s iirc, and my mom was appalled we were about to go out for dinner and her sister was about to just leave the house unlocked with no one home lol

>aren't you going to lock up?

>lock up for what?

idk.....all it took was being followed home from work once to really cement how easy it would be for a man to do whatever he wants whenever he wants, so i have a hard time thinking its paranoid to be this way and with how easy information is unknowingly available nowadays, but you're right about the modern living bit. i remember frequently going over to neighbors houses and their front doors would be wide open for me and my brother, and i remember their names and faces and homes and stories. i haven't known a neighbor since we moved away from that, and even if i think being scared is valid for me, it is still depressing sometimes y; 

part of why i can't imagine raising a family in these times, as 'get off my lawn' as it sounds lol

Yeah, that's valid. Men are fuckin' dumb too, so I can see why a woman would feel safer locking up.

Don't mind me; this is, in part, just the anarcho-primitivist-adjacent pagan mourning the Earth and humanity's (non-indigenous folk, really) relative lack of a relationship to it or each other. My heart bleeds a lot, these days.

It is depressing. Society isn't supposed to be like this, but capitalism as a hierarchical system and way of life yields the irony of being far denser than anything that precedes or attempts to detach from it; yet, it is markedly non- and even anti-communal. 

I wish I could live in a place where I could just... be among others and it be the most normal thing in the world.

#FeelsBadMan

Edited by ᚬᚾᛏ ᛅᛋᚴᛅ

i've lived in a few places where i never locked the door because too many people lived there and it was too much of a hassle
i've lived in one place that sometimes had 10+ ppl living there and five entrances and despite being on the lease i never even saw a key to the place
about as communal as you can get without actively seeking it lol
i only barred the sliding door that was in my room cause it woulda freaked me out if anybody came in that way while i was asleep
but when there's no reason not to lock doors i always do so. why make it easier to enter when there's no reason for anybody to do so with good intentions?

also there was an occasion where a cop waltzed in to that place without having to present the warrant they had so uhhhh there are other benefits