Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12, 2017

Chrom

Nintendo News: Nintendo Reveals Plans for Nintendo Switch Presentation

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- In a presentation to financial analysts today in Tokyo, Nintendo Co., Ltd. president Tatsumi Kimishima announced that major details regarding the company’s new Nintendo Switch home gaming system will be shared at the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017. This will be an event for invited media, financial analysts and trade partners in Tokyo that will be globally livestreamed on Jan. 12, U.S. time. The presentation will include the launch date and pricing for Nintendo Switch, as well as a look at the lineup of games currently in development.

The Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 will include the launch date and pricing for Nintendo Switch,  ...

The Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 will include the launch date and pricing for Nintendo Switch, as well as a look at the lineup of games currently in development. (Graphic: Business Wire)

Kimishima also announced that Nintendo Switch sampling events for invited media, partners, and consumers will take place in the U.S. and Europe after the presentation at later dates. There will be opportunities for the public to participate in other hands-on events around the same time, details of which will be announced later.

The exact time of the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 will be announced through Nintendo’s social media channels in the coming weeks. Last week, Nintendo Switch was first revealed in a video, available at http://www.nintendo.com/switch.

For more information about the company’s financial results in fiscal first half, please visit https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/.

Well there we have it, a definitive date for more Nintendo Switch news...in January.

Too bad it'll be a while before it happens, but then again, I have something to look forward to after Christmas (and more exciting than New Year's Eve).

Of course, at the same time, I'm hoping Donald Trump won't be our president, because if he is, I can imagine killing our ties to Japan through his stupidity, which could mean no more stuff from the Japanese gaming companies, and thus, no more good stuff from Nintendo.  Still, I'll just keep thinking positively and watching intelligent stuff like The Daily Show and Full Frontal.

Edited by Albedo238
14 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

Oh- neat! I wasn't expecting a date this soon!

Still quite a ways off, but at least we're not left wondering

It was wise of them to give us a date now instead of making us wait aimlessly. Something to look forward to might well keep the hype from completely turning in on itself.

11 hours ago, Albedo238 said:

Of course, at the same time, I'm hoping Donald Trump won't be our president,

Can you stop bringing politics into video game discussion? I'm avoiding the political threads on PO for a reason.

Anyway, I personally think that's too far away and some of the hype that they generated with people that don't follow this stuff will have died down. Regardless, at least we finally know when to expect the next announcement.

I'm pretty stoked about this actually.

Once I heard that Nintendo isn't sharing any new about the Switch till next year, I was cool not because we have the 3DS, Pokemon and NES Classic and Nintendo's focus on that or that Switch trailer was enough, it's simply that if any other news drops, more ppl would want more info and it won't stop. So I hoped when January started and early on they should share as much news a possible like blowout like this stream presentation for the lack of info the rest of this year. This will be nothing compared to the wait and no date of the reveal a week ago but having date and what to expect is a good sign that I think Nintendo knows what they doing and after seeing this presentation will make or break if I get this thing a launch. I'll get on eventually but I'm not sold at launch and hope this presentation with its price, games and etc will have jump on the other side of the fence of getting this at launch, if possible.

One question tho: if this being streamed in Japan with devs and media, is there going to be a NA equivalent? or will there be a translator for this? I'm confused on that. But I don't think I'll mind either way but just want to know how this presentation is gonna go.

44 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm pretty stoked about this actually.

Once I heard that Nintendo isn't sharing any new about the Switch till next year, I was cool not because we have the 3DS, Pokemon and NES Classic and Nintendo's focus on that or that Switch trailer was enough, it's simply that if any other news drops, more ppl would want more info and it won't stop. So I hoped when January started and early on they should share as much news a possible like blowout like this stream presentation for the lack of info the rest of this year. This will be nothing compared to the wait and no date of the reveal a week ago but having date and what to expect is a good sign that I think Nintendo knows what they doing and after seeing this presentation will make or break if I get this thing a launch. I'll get on eventually but I'm not sold at launch and hope this presentation with its price, games and etc will have jump on the other side of the fence of getting this at launch, if possible.

One question tho: if this being streamed in Japan with devs and media, is there going to be a NA equivalent? or will there be a translator for this? I'm confused on that. But I don't think I'll mind either way but just want to know how this presentation is gonna go.

I am sure there will be an NOA version of this too DL. Nintendo of America would not be tweeting such info if there were not some kind of equivalent for the Americas to listen to and watch as well.

2 minutes ago, EZLO21 said:

I am sure there will be an NOA version of this too DL. Nintendo of America would not be tweeting such info if there were not some kind of equivalent for the Americas to listen to and watch as well.

Well hearing that this thing is gonna be stream in Tokyo despite they stream at appropriate time to the west... hold up you know what, you're right. If the streamed this in Japan in the middle of the day, that would put in the middle of the night over here but if they stream it 8pm their time, it would be like earlier morning like 7am and later, right?

So in either case, they will be NA stream, huh? But still the second option of doing late there could still workout here, kind of.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Well hearing that this thing is gonna be stream in Tokyo despite they stream at appropriate time to the west... hold up you know what, you're right. If the streamed this in Japan in the middle of the day, that would put in the middle of the night over here but if they stream it 8pm their time, it would be like earlier morning like 7am and later, right?

So in either case, they will be NA stream, huh? But still the second option of doing late there could still workout here, kind of.

If you read the Press Release for this Presentation, you will know that Nintendo will find a way to stream it live so that everyone can understand it. Yeah 8 pm Tokyo Time is 7 am EST. Which would be 4 AM PST if you want the just of it. But yeah Nintendo will figure out the best times is all I am saying DL.