Nintendo in 2021 Thoughts:

These videos are merely thought generators:

Here is where I start:

I can't wait to see what SM3DW+BF really is, err well the Bowser's Fury part.  (2/12)

*Ohh and the Cat Mario Amiibos LOL

3 Smash Amiibo Wave 3/26

*Byleth, Terry, and Banjo

Pokemon Snap *sometime in 2021*

*If this looks good I just might be in... or at least very interested in all the details.

*IF Mario 35 was/is a thing then....

NES Legend of Zelda / Birth of Zelda series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda

NES Metroid / Birth of Metroid franchise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid

NES Kid Icarus / Birth of Kid Icarus franchise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus

Would 31 be a thing because of how 2020 was?

SNES F Zero 1990

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Zero

Yoshi?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshi

Kirby goes 30 next year 2022

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_(series)

Mario Kart goes 30 in 2022

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Kart

Where do you stand on...

BotW2 in 2021?

Metroid Prime 4 in 2021?

Bayonetta 3 in 2021?

Nintendo's 2021 Could Be Massive (ft Scott The Woz, AntDude, Jon Cartwright) - YouTube

Crap, forgot Edge don't like making the video in pane.

But, forgot about Pokemon's 25th

Pokémon - Wikipedia

Edited by purple_beard

Not to be that guy, but would still say hype responsibly. It may not be 2020 anymore, but we’re still in the heat of a pandemic, and who knows how long it’ll be till vaccines are distributed enough for everyone. That said, I still expect a little more than what we had last year, though things like the DKC trilogy getting put on NSO was a nice consolation prize, especially if we actually get a new DK game soon which the stars seem to be aligning for, among other things.

43 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Not to be that guy, but would still say hype responsibly. It may not be 2020 anymore, but we’re still in the heat of a pandemic, and who knows how long it’ll be till vaccines are distributed enough for everyone. That said, I still expect a little more than what we had last year, though things like the DKC trilogy getting put on NSO was a nice consolation prize, especially if we actually get a new DK game soon which the stars seem to be aligning for, among other things.

True...true...

Also, I think over 2021 the FP2 for Smash will get completed.  Probably the final amiibo wave will come February/March 2022.

• Chrom featured this topic

I only watched NVC, not that I didn't have time to watch the others but preference. 

Not dismissing any thoughts per se for Nintendo for 2021 but my only focus and seems pretty realistic because we're close to it and it a big deal this year is Zelda's 35th anniversary. That's all I want to know what Nintendo is doing this year before anything else.

20 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

This is where this above post comes in of me being realistic in 2021. Yes, Zelda's 35th anniversary is probably delayed maybe like Mario's 35th anniversary was in 2020 but I would like to think they had this planned for while to be on track in what they are gonna share this year in general. This goes for anything else Nintendo will share and announce this year.

I'm not as pessimistic RP here but I think despite nearing the light at the end of tunnel, I am not blind to what we have still have to manage and expect of the pandemic in 2021 but I think Nintendo will be alright not because I think so but the simply fact the Nintendo may not have been prepared for pandemic but the stick things close to the chest and in doing so they prepare they are gonna announce in advance pending how the pandemic is looked after so I am optimistic for Nintendo plans but more so on the immediate for Zelda's 35th anniversary front. 

Another video for topic generation/thoughts

Nintendo's 2021 Could Be Massive (ft Scott The Woz, AntDude, Jon Cartwright) - YouTube

I feel pretty sure the rest of FP2 for Smash gets done by the end of 2021.

However, some topics brought up amongst the videos I didn't get to the first time around:

This will be year 4 of Switch, now the home consoles very rarely got mid generation upgrades, I can only think of that Red Wii, and if you would want to argue the clear colored N64 line up.  Now on the handhelds you did have DSi, DSLite, N3DSXL,  N2DSXL, GBASP, and GBC.

--Ehh.... I see a SwitchPro being a thing to keep the 3rd party ports coming,,,but in Y4 I wonder at what point you do that versus the Switch successor.  Then again, with the Switch's nature I can see Nintendo doing even more work on the home/portable sharing system market.

NSO: Do we see GC, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS come along?

--Personally, I see GC and up being remake/straight buy options

--Personally I see the N64 coming this year

--Personally I am not sure how the portable systems would get handled

--Lastly, at some point, a point brought up in multiple videos.... will pricing tiers to accommodate new systems have to be a thing?

*Not sure where my price threshold would be because I don't play enough as is, but free games and systems aside, the more they charge the better the infrastructure of the online

networks has to be.

Mario Kart 10 (if you consider Tour #9)

--Its like 8 is still selling super well, I doubt they do DLC at this point in its life though.

--But MK8, for those in the know, is getting long in the tooth.

--With Smash Ultimate, you'd almost have to argue for MK Ultimate.

--I think if it goes the Ultimate route that would be a killer ap launch title for a new system.... NOT a Switch Pro.

Donkey Kong should be due for some kind of game.