Route '21 - N4A Chat Thread - January 2021

April

11 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

UPDATE:

>leave brand new 5-terabyte external hard drive with the guy on my home from work on Monday, half an hour before the store closes

>he begins transferring my files; tells me to come back the next day

>come back yesterday, approximately 22 hours later

>files are less than a percent finished transferring

>the guy has no idea how long it will take to transfer them all

>give him my number and tell him to call me back once they're done

It feels exactly like leaving your dog at the vet to undergo a complicated surgery.

UPDATE:

>stop by Target on the way home from work to pick up groceries

>take Uber home

>literally right when I use the clicker to open the gate to my apartment complex 

>get call from the computer store guy

>says that my files are finally done copying

>thank him and tell him I’ll be there tomorrow to pick up my computer

FUCKING GAMESTOP

I'll be getting the second dose of the vaccine at the end of this month. From what I've seen from others, the second dose will knock you off your feet.

Lately, I've been on a big Tales kick. I'm currently half-way through playing Abyss with my girlfriend and roommate. I've also been playing Innocence (DS). I have a nice setup on the Raspberry Pi to play it on TV... With a little more power, I could probably play the game outside of the native resolution.

aaaaaaaa i'm so impatient for the vaccine now that it's on the horizon

i wanna see people again so bad. i haven't seen anybody but my roommates since march
and i try to not interact with them too much either since they have work and other such contact with ppl too

11 hours ago, ace said:

My state put anyone who smokes into the group I’m in so every single vaccine site across the state is booked solid through March now. 

fuck me I guess 

you guys have groups? y;

8 hours ago, winterberry said:

bit of a shit week but today's my birthday and my best friend is recovering and not expected to have any lasting effects from covid and my AC town looks nice and my dresser is getting delivered on wednesday :o) 

yay!

Happy Birthday 🎊🎂🎉 

Edited by Shadow118

Today I learned that in the early 80’s, there were plans for a spin-off of Lupin the Third set in the future. However, there was some sort of copyright bullshit between TMS and the Maurice LeBlanc estate, so the Lupin spin-off ended up getting re-tooled into Inspector fucking Gadget.