Route '21 - N4A Chat Thread - January 2021

April

1 hour ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Oh, I know that feeling. Maybe instead of thinking it like a chore, listen to something like the TV or music? I’m thinking of trying it more. That, or spread your list of stuff to do for some days than just unloading it on one day. I don’t know if it would work for you, but I’ve been there before. 

That's just it, some of them AREN'T even chores. Stuff like certain shows I wanna watch, games to play, cosplay to work on. Those are all on the list too, but I just can't be bothered to do any of it.

2 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

That's just it, some of them AREN'T even chores. Stuff like certain shows I wanna watch, games to play, cosplay to work on. Those are all on the list too, but I just can't be bothered to do any of it.

I'm going through a similar thing too. I haven't played anything since maybe the day before Christmas Eve. If you don't have an inspiration just yet, maybe just try something a little different. Take a walk, relax, go cycling. Although I'm having different circumstances, I'm currently trying new things. Although they might not work out in the end, I'm at least trying. 

2 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I'm going through a similar thing too. I haven't played anything since maybe the day before Christmas Eve. If you don't have an inspiration just yet, maybe just try something a little different. Take a walk, relax, go cycling. Although I'm having different circumstances, I'm currently trying new things. Although they might not work out in the end, I'm at least trying. 

Oh this is definitely just a cyclical thing with me. It'll pass in a day or two, it's just SUPER annoying.

8 hours ago, Aisha said:

omg recipe??

So to make this I used:

• 9 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
  • Flour with some fresh ground pepper sprinkled in
  • Oil of your choice for frying (stay away from olive oil and other low smoke point oils)
  • About 1 cup of white wine (also of your choice but I would pick something dry)
  • 2 cups of chicken stock
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • The juice and zest of 1-2 lemons (depending on how big they are)
  • ~2 tablespoons of butter

So what you want to do is take a casserole dish or any other flat vessel you have and dump some flour on in there, grinding (or sprinkling) in some black pepper. Don't go too heavy on it because it'll taste yucky if you burn it. Take your chicken thighs and trim any excess fat and gristle off, and then get that nice and covered in the flour. Do that for all of them making sure to shake off as much of the excess flour as you can, this just needs to be a light coating on the outside, not a crust.

Next, you want to put enough oil to cover the bottom of a skillet (or any pan like the one in my picture) and set that over medium heat (medium high if you're cursed with an electric range). Once that gets nice and hot (you should see little wisps of smoke coming off) fry your thighs (the chicken ones) 3 at a time to make sure you don't overcrowd the pan. I did mine like 4 minutes a side, but you can just go until they're nice and browned since they won't be cooked through at this point. Just set em aside on a plate with paper towels to sop up any extra oil. Make sure to occasionally add more oil to keep the stuff building up on the bottom of the pan from burning, but not only a little bit because you don't want oily sauce.

Speaking of which after the last bit of chicken is out it's sauce time. In that same pan toss in your 3 cloves of garlic, minced or put through a garlic press, and cook it for like 30 seconds. Be super careful not to let it burn because burnt garlic tastes like ass. After that CAREFULLY pour in the cup of wine and while it's bubbling use a wooden spoon to scrape all the goodness up off the bottom of the pan. This is also when you want to add your lemon zest and juice and chicken stock as well. While that's simmering add in the butter, and this is a great time to taste it to see if it needs anything. After a little while of cooking you can add the chicken thighs back in and just let em cook all the way through. I let ti go for like 7-8 minutes while I cooked the spaghetti this got dumped on top of. Once it's done let it cool for a minute and sprinkle parsley on top if you're feeling fancy like I was.

I'm not sure how much of a cook anyone else here is so I just wrote out a recipe. Nothing is exact because I kinda just went off the cuff when I made this the other day. I guess being a cook has it's perks after all.

With winter sales on either Steam or Switch done, I don’t know if there’s any other games im too interested in buying right now until more sales come around

Though I have remembered that I’ve been interested in rebuying Minecraft on Windows 10 - so might be a good opportunity to do that... possibly? 

And maybe the Pokémon Shield DLC bundle? Would give me more to do...

Would consider getting the Fighter’s Pass 2 Bundle, but I don’t think im in any rush on that - might wait until after the final characters released to buy it then