Swapnote is back as Swapnote Remastered

Out of nowhere Swapnote on the 3DS has gotten an update and is now know as Swapnote Remastered...

Uhhhh, WHAT?! I thought Swapnote was eventually replaced with Swapdoodle after the whole "incident" in JPN involving minors, which prompted Nintendo to immediately remove the app's online features? Very odd to see Swapnote randomly updated now, especially when Nintendo has stopped production of the 3DS and most people have moved on to the Switch. Is this a sign that they have plans for a Swanote app on Switch? I'm all for bringing Nikki back on the Switch.  ^_^ <3

Imma DL this right now?

EDIT: I can't update the current swapdoodle nor can I find the Swapnonte on the 3DS eShop. So like usual when I can find something on the 3DS eShop I go to menu, settings, update and volia there was the update for Swapnote.

So yeah you have to get the update that way.

EDIT 2: It's pointless send messages because it did that thru Miiverse and that's no more so, it's more than novel thing from the past then anything else.

Edited by DLurkster
  • 1 month later...
On 12/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, Eliwood8 said:

From the sound of it, people can't even tell what the update actually changed, which just makes this more strange. Maybe there was an exploit possible with the old app and Nintendo patched it? Wouldn't really explain calling it "Remastered" now though.

You were onto something there. It turned out to be an exploit that Nintendo patched.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/02/we_might_now_know_why_swapnote_for_3ds_got_remastered_last_december