The Millennium Court - N4A Chat Thread - December 2020

Chrom

1 hour ago, winterberry said:

happy december gamers! i finished the queen's gambit today n true to form i picked up chess half-assedly recently 

tho besides knowing how each of the pieces move, i have no knowledge of strategy so i just kick the normal cpu's ass in clubhouse lol

make a lichess account and play me ty

I got Mario Tennis Aces, and I'm already disappointed that you don't win tournament trophies for each character like in previous games. Now I'm wondering if I've just been conditioned to find superfluous means of spending time in games from playing JPRGs for almost two decades now. The answer is yes. Even when I replay JRPGs, I try to avoid level grinding until I hit a wall. It's part of why I stopped Xenoblade 2. You can't finish the main story without spending a fraction of your time micro-managing and grinding towards certain checkpoints (let alone needing to repeatedly play a separate mini-game as the only means of improving a story-related character.)

11 hours ago, winterberry said:

happy december gamers! i finished the queen's gambit today n true to form i picked up chess half-assedly recently 

tho besides knowing how each of the pieces move, i have no knowledge of strategy so i just kick the normal cpu's ass in clubhouse lol

I binged the entire thing on Sunday and want to get into chess now as well lol

4 minutes ago, winterberry said:

ty downloaded me style savvy and i basically blacked out and have played almost nothing but that for 2 days straight

wish more extremely girly games were popular here, an SS on switch would be dope as hell

@Pichi kick my ass in chess, senpai

https://lichess.org/@/PichiDee
make an account, go here and click the sword to challenge me