The Millennium Court - N4A Chat Thread - December 2020

Chrom

1 minute ago, Youngster Joey said:

Last night I randomly decided to play Earthbound Beginnings. I have a real soft spot for this game. I remember sometime during Summer 2009, we were in the middle of moving, and our new space wouldn't be ready for a few weeks (so we thought at the time.) So for an entire Summer I just had my DS with Pokemon Diamond and TWEWY. With less games on hand, it brought me to playing games on an emulator. I think initially I picked up Mother 1 because the thought was, "Well, I know I want to play Earthbound, so I should play the game before it." Within the span of two weeks, I finished Mother 1. It was rare for me to engage with games on emulator, let alone finish one. It was a fun ride of learning my way through this game, with some help from Starmen.net.

Eventually I went on to play Earthbound, but honestly I still prefer Mother 1. Earthbound is brought down a lot with terrible item management and poor difficulty balance. The same could be said for Mother 1, but Earthbound is hailed as some holy triumph of JRPGs. It makes me think that people that echo this sentiment haven't played past Onett where there's mushrooms and exploding trees that bring a great game into a frustrating experience.

I'm still mad that Ninten isn't in Smash.

19 minutes ago, winterberry said:

does anyone have any new years resolutions? flower;

im going to do my best to workout more regularly and finally get a job again i think...i want us to move to a new place once our lease it up

i want to stop being shit at japanese

1565915534076.jpg.518f9cdda99586c9e52c254b64c79ee8.jpg

all in all tho i survived this year without catching covid (as far as i can tell anyway), got back into school, and i've finally stopped pretending to be a guy

so things are about as good they could be hamnap;

Edited by Pichi
15 minutes ago, winterberry said:

im going to do my best to workout more regularly and finally get a job again i think...i want us to move to a new place once our lease it up

I suppose finding a career job (currently working through my teacher's certification) so Davy and I can get our own place. Crashing at his parent's place for the past year has been, uhh, a little awkward, but circumstances are as they are. Once Davy and I get our own place, we'll probably get our own kitties too! I want two, one orange and one black, and we can name them Estelle and Joshua flower;

20 minutes ago, winterberry said:

guhhhhhh

move, get a job that's epic

22 minutes ago, winterberry said:

To brush my teeth every day.

I've actually had this resolution for the past several years, but every single time I end up accidentally skipping a day and going "fuck, I forgot. Oh well, there's always next year!"

Frankly, the fact that I still have teeth is more impressive to me than not having Covid. theydonothing;

So before we close out the year I just want to say sorry for going a little overboard with the pessimism yesterday. I definitely think hope is important and don’t begrudge anyone wanting to look forward to a new year with lots of potential.

And @ace, I am especially sorry considering what you have had to go through on the front lines this year. Thank you for putting yourself out there, and I have a lot of respect for you especially showing vulnerability like you did. 

Here’s to a new year with new possibilities for good to come. :) 

• Chrom locked and unpinned this topic