Uri Geller allows Kadabra to return to the Pokemon TCG

Wait...when did this go into effect to begin with?  Unless I'm mistaken on some details here there were cards of Abra, Kadabra and Alakazaam as far as the Gym Challenge expansion.

As for Porygon, there was nothing really stopping them from using the Pokemon again outside of potential bad publicity from some people remembering it as the Pokemon that starred in that seizure inducing episode.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

Wait...when did this go into effect to begin with?  Unless I'm mistaken on some details here there were cards of Abra, Kadabra and Alakazaam as far as the Gym Challenge expansion.

The most recent card to feature Kadabra was this Skyridge card from 2003. Following that, there was an Abra card with an attack that allowed it to evolve straight into Alakazam, and a whole bunch of Alakazam cards with some sort of gimmick that allowed them to be played as Basic Pokemon... or something.kconfused; I haven’t kept up with the TCG since before the DS came out. y;

8 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

The most recent card to feature Kadabra was this Skyridge card from 2003. Following that, there was an Abra card with an attack that allowed it to evolve straight into Alakazam, and a whole bunch of Alakazam cards with some sort of gimmick that allowed them to be played as Basic Pokemon... or something.kconfused; I haven’t kept up with the TCG since before the DS came out. y;

That's nuts. I hadn't kept up with the TCG since the Neo Destiny expansion so I didn't even realize all this went down.  I remember this guy making a big fuss about the card but didn't think anything ever came of it.  Just tossed it in the pile with the rest of the anti-Pokemon controversies back in the day that didn't go anywhere.  But yeah, looking at some of the more recent cards they do have him listed as a basic Pokemon.  Must have been funky trying to balance the game with a stage 2 Pokemon having to be reclassified as a basic.