N4A Secret Santa Remix 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

Chrom

Good stuff so far fellas. I'm happy to cooperate with everyone to make sure we get this done as it should!

I'm posting right now to say that I've offered one exchange to be delivered a little earlier than planned, out of respect for a concern as to whether or not the gifts will be valid based on where the two participants live (US vs Canada), and anticipating accommodation if they may not. So in the event that someone here shows up with gifts a little sooner than the 21st, this is why!

Things worked out ok, ended up being able to set up a Canadian eshop account.  

Big thanks to @DranSeasona, for the wonderful Christmas/Secret Santa gift, two $45 eshop cards.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and stay safe. lhappy;

Here's what I bought:

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity 

Anodyne 

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King

(Working on getting an image, but I have to size it down.)

20201216_185249.jpg

Edited by Doc Brown
29 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Thanks, @Doc Brown, so glad you found a way to make it work! :)  And thanks @Chromfor the understanding and helping it go through early, just in case.

Can confirm Age of Calamity and Blossom Tales are both good choices. Haven’t tried the other one, myself. Lol anyway, happy holidays!

You're welcome! I'm glad too. Just took a bit of work. Gmail works well with it, if anyone else needs to make another region account. 

Yep. Played both demos and they're fun. The latter I've heard about before and it seemed interesting. 

Hi everyone. Here are some tips I've gathered for anyone who may be interested in gifting digital content or funds on the Nintendo Switch for another person who lives in a different country, since that's looking like it may be a common topic of interest.

• When it comes to either download codes (games/DLC) or prepaid codes (funds), they can only be redeemed in the eShop store they're meant for. However, download codes that would work for the US will also work for Canada and Mexico, as they all fall under "the Americas" as far as the eShop is concerned.
  • Despite this, changing the country on your Nintendo Account (or creating/linking a separate Nintendo Account with a different country set to use on your Switch) to match the foreign code will let you redeem any of them, whether download or prepaid.
  • Even if you redeem a download code at a different eShop store from your main one, it will remain tied to your Nintendo Account and can be redownloaded from any other store, so you can safely return to your default settings without losing access to anything.
  • eShop funds are locked to each regional store, so if you have to change your Nintendo Account country to redeem foreign funds on the eShop, you have to follow up with any purchases there on that same store, as funds will not carry over to other stores. This also applies My Nintendo points if anyone cares about those.

Hopefully by trying to break it down like this, we can be closer on the same page and worry a little less about any uncertainties. I'm not too versed about Steam or other services and how they differ, but maybe someone else can chime in about it.

With this event having an emphasis on digital exchange, I believe it's worthwhile to have this addressed so the event can be its best. Thanks a bunch to everyone who's been interested! As always, feel free to continue sharing any other questions or concerns you may have.

@Doc Brown thank you so much for the eshop codes, that was very generous of you! flower; Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!!

I actually plan on putting the eshop codes (both of them!!) towards Super Mario Party (been wanting it for years!!) but I'm waiting for my replacement debit card to get here from America...it might be a while, due to covid and the holidays. ;_; I hope that's okay that I don't have any pictures yet? I guess I could take pics of the funds in my account now tho that seems a bit boring lol

$28.37 looks delightfully random, and I hope it gets put to good use! 

I want to offer thanks to @winterberry for a Nintendo eShop code. I took advantage of that Indie World Holiday Sale and grabbed Cuphead, one I've long put off. I used the remainder of the gift card towards a little title called Sky Racket.

HZvW3TM.jpg

Edited by blcdude1