N4A Secret Santa Remix 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

Chrom

GAf1p2a.png

It's that time of the year again...with a twist!

Hello and welcome to Ninfora's Secret Santa Remix event for 2020! I am your host, Santa Chrom, here again to make everyone's holiday season a great one.

We're taking the Secret Santa event you know and love and mixing it up this year to make sure everyone has a good time!

fRyLzCk.png

What is Secret Santa Remix?

Secret Santa Remix is a spin on the traditional gift exchange event we hold here on Ninfora. Sign up, get paired, and swap digital goods with your fellow members! Convenience is king in this variation of Secret Santa, so anyone can easily jump in on the fun. You'll want to read the rules below to see how it goes!

fRyLzCk.png

The Rules to Secret Santa Remix

• All gifts to be exchanged will only consist of one or more digital goods (games, movies, music, and so on).
    • There will be no physical gifting (postal shipment) for this event.
  • Gifts will be sent from the giver to Santa Chrom via private message and be instantly delivered to the giver's paired recipient by Santa Chrom at a date assigned by you, the giver. Until that date is reached, the giver is free to add, remove, or replace items on their list.
    • Santa Chrom's deliverance from the giver to the recipient is one-time only. If you wish to send more after, it must be done directly from giver to recipient.
  • Gifts should be collectively valued at a rough minimum of $10 USD or equivalent. Pay what you want, but don't be cheap.
    • Promo codes, coupons, or other items offering discounts or funds may not be the primary gift for the recipient, but may be included as supplementary.
  • This exchange is open to all members of Ninfora regardless of residence.
    • Santa Chrom reserves the right to decline a registration if he believes an applicant may not be suitable to participate.
  • Each participant must keep knowledge of their paired recipient confidential until after Santa Chrom delivers their gift to their paired recipient and the recipient shares their gift.
  • Please only sign up for this event if you will commit to participating until the very end.
    • If you have concerns involving your participation, send a private message to Santa Chrom regarding this as soon as possible.
  • Received gifts must be shared in this topic with some kind of visual proof (such as a photograph or screenshot) by the recipient.
    • Recipients have a flexible grace period to share what they've received after getting them, but should do so in a timely manner.
  • If a recipient has not received any gifts by a certain date, Santa Chrom will personally deliver a gift of his own as compensation.

fRyLzCk.png

The dates to remember, take note!

Dec 13 - Last day to sign up

Dec 14 - Pairings disclosed

Dec 21 - Santa Chrom may deliver gifts starting from today

Jan 01 - Santa Chrom makes his rounds for anyone still empty-handed

fRyLzCk.png

(sign-ups closed as of December 14, 2020)

• Chrom changed the title to N4A Secret Santa Remix 2020 (Sign-Ups Open!)
22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Is there anyway for people to PM digital codes if need be if they're unable to PM a pic of it?

I think it's fine enough to send any codes by themselves rather than any photos of them, just for the sake of quality assurance. But if you want to include photos also then I wouldn't reject them. Hopefully this helps clear up what exactly you should be sending!

1 minute ago, Chrom said:

I think it's fine enough to send any codes by themselves rather than any photos of them, just for the sake of quality assurance. But if you want to include photos also then I wouldn't reject them. Hopefully this helps clear up what exactly you should be sending!

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Just a thought:

Perhaps everyone who signed up should exchange Switch friend codes with each other so that way we can all see what software they already have?

Or at least share a screenshot of their software library from the Switch's main menu...

That's a good idea.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, Tyranogre said:

Just a thought:

Perhaps everyone who signed up should exchange Switch friend codes with each other so that way we can all see what software they already have?

Or at least share a screenshot of their software library from the Switch's main menu...

If anyone feels comfortable enough sharing their libraries of anything in any way, you're more than welcome to drop any links or list off anything here or update your responses with them via email so it'll be there on the record. I figured the existing prompts on the form would encourage people to try doing something like that already, but a reminder about what you can tell about yourself doesn't hurt!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chrom changed the title to N4A Secret Santa Remix 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

Good news, everyone! With sign-ups now closed, everyone who registered has been notified of who they're paired with! flower;

It was fun for me to organize responses and make sure everything was ordered correctly. Now comes the fun for everyone else to pick out gifts for one another! I'll do my best to make sure everything is delivered as scheduled. :)