Neo: The World Ends with You Announced (PS4/Switch/PC; Releases July 27th); Sequel to TWEWY

Isotope

Press Release

NEO: The World Ends with You is the follow-up to the hit action role-playing game The World Ends with You.

NEO: The World Ends with You transports players to the streets of the Shibuya, where they will take part in the “Reapers’ Game,” a life-or-death battle for survival. Players will take on the role of Rindo as they explore the heart of Tokyo to uncover the mysteries behind the sinister Game in which they have been forced to take part.

NEO: The World Ends with You brings a re-creation of modern Shibuya to life in a unique and comic-inspired style. Players can explore and enjoy the sights, sounds, and culture of this bustling city, fight monsters alongside their ally companions in fast-paced action battles, and complete missions as they seek to change the fate they’ve been handed.

Dreams do come true.

Edited by Isotope

While I can't say I'm entirely surprised (just seems like a good time for one, with the anime coming and all), I AM extremely hype! The move from 2d to 3d reminds me of Risk of Rain's similar jump and it also looked like you'll have a 'team' rather than just you and 1 partner, so that should help with the extra space 3d brings. The art style looks great, I'm SUPER excited to see returning characters (Sho especially <333333) and the music sounds good so far too.

i can't wait ;_;

interesting its gonna be on playstation too considering you can't play the original anywhere but nintendo consoles but oh well, better a more accessible sequel than a fakeout like they did years ago y; 

Man, I feel like gonna be poser getting this game because it looks more accessible than the first entry on both the DS and Switch. At least there's the anime to catch me up on the story before I play this game.

I'm happy for those who are really looking forward to this game, I hope I will too when I watch the anime.

Can't wait!  Still remember playing the original on the DS for the first time and just being completely sucked into the world.  Definitely helped it just had a cool art direction, fun as heck battle system and catchy music.  Speaking of Minamimoto's return, I am now listening to this in celebration!

Edit:  After watching some clips it seems like the only version of the game where the song below plays during a Sho fight is in the original DS game.  Looks like the track was changed to Transformation for other versions of the game.

Edited by Kezay
  • 4 months later...
  • Isotope changed the title to Neo: The World Ends with You Announced (PS4/Switch/EGS; Releases July 27th); Sequel to TWEWY
  • 1 year later...
  • Isotope changed the title to Neo: The World Ends with You Announced (PS4/Switch/PC; Releases July 27th); Sequel to TWEWY