Hateno Village - N4A Chat Thread - November 2020

Chrom

27 minutes ago, Zora no Kiseki said:

The PS5 launch is allegedly bigger than the PS4 launch; to be honest, there's just enough people who buy a playstation console day one that no amount of stock would realistically satiate the market, to say nothing about the fact it's a pandemic.

And personally, I'm not too bothered by PS5/XSX being out of stock. The launch libraries are underwhelming--which is true of almost every launch library--so I just don't see a reason besides FOMO to rush out and get a next gen console now. But given that they're sold out, that's mostly just me.

Yeah launch titles are also rarely exclusive to the new gen as well. My gaming forecast after Hyrule Warriors is like Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs, Valhalla. All playable on my XB1. 

I like to think, with a new console launch, that I'll be able to get one eventually.

This isn't a manufactured scarcity like Nintendo's NES Classic, and these devices won't be around for a limited time. While it's the shiny, new and exciting thing right now, it's still going to be that in six months, a year or two years out, and at that point, it should have a more impressive library. 

38 minutes ago, Zora no Kiseki said:

The PS5 launch is allegedly bigger than the PS4 launch; to be honest, there's just enough people who buy a playstation console day one that no amount of stock would realistically satiate the market, to say nothing about the fact it's a pandemic.

And personally, I'm not too bothered by PS5/XSX being out of stock. The launch libraries are underwhelming--which is true of almost every launch library--so I just don't see a reason besides FOMO to rush out and get a next gen console now. But given that they're sold out, that's mostly just me.

And it’s the 20th birthday of the PS2 sometime this year... Not sure the PS5 will eventually surpass those sales. Hehe. 

Well, to be honest I wanted it so I could play my old gen games, while my brother gets to play his games on the PS4, even if I heard that some of the PS4 games have glitches on the PS5. I mean, some of us do have families. I was throwing one stone at two birds. Or whatever.

Combining my girlfriend and I's PS4 collections to a PS5 is also a compelling reason for us. But usually first-print Playstation consoles are pretty bad at surviving 5+ years. I almost wouldn't mind waiting until a revision. The PS5 is ugly as sin, enough that I will probably buy the revision if I obtain the current PS5 beforehand.

I feel as though the consumer base will transition much faster this gen than before. Mainly aided by backwards compatibility and compelling software. The only thing stopping consumers is scarcity, low shipments due to the pandemic, and the impending economic collapse.

A few nights ago my parents gifted me a $250 gift card since we couldn't go out to shop this year, which is fine

Went ahead and picked up Zelda: Link's Awakening off the Eshop - used up th gold points i had and saved around $4, so i got it for a little under $40, which isn't too bad

Also should figure out if there’s anything else to grab should do it tonight/tomorrow

A lot easier and faster to do that here anyway

Have a few ideas, but not entirely sure on some of them just yet - really
shouldn’t use it all at once if possible

Want to try and save some of it
Although there are some things im interested in, but are at full price - so that would put a dent in my funds a bit.. and I don’t think I’ve seen any of them go on sale before either... so those might have to wait

Although i could use a refresh on my 12 month NSO subscription, can always do that closer to Christmas/New Years so it’s more for a full year...
______

Also finally got TERA online downloaded today off Gameforge
About bloody time - I don’t know how many weeks i spent trying to get it downloaded...

Been quite a few years since I’ve played this - last time i played it was before one of my computers broke...not sure when that was, though...
Edited by Shadow118

Though it’s not on sale, im mildly tempted to buy Hyrule Warriors/ Definitive Edition... though that could be bought anytime

Although Borderlands Legendary Collection is of interest, not sure if you can still download the Borderlands 2 DLC if i download that...

Unless i have to download Game of the Year Edition + Handsome Collection separately - Not really sure if that would be any cheaper...

Granted i have the Handsome Collection on Epic Games store... so... i dunno

Some of the LEGO games are on sale, though they usually go on sale for the holidays 

Though I’ve heard A Hat In Time is pretty good, though the online play isn’t in the Switch version as far as im aware... though im not sure how much id be missing out on without the online co-op play...

probably would have to go for the Steam version for that.... hm...

If some of these other games were on sale on the Eshop, id probably get a couple of these other games im interested in...

maybe ill see if there’s anything on Steam of interest... though i could always wait and hold off on anything else...

Edited by Shadow118

Last night i bought the Borderlands Handsome Collection + Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary DLC on Steam for $15.95

The Handsome Collection on Steam is listed for $229.48...

If that’s the actual price, i think i got a pretty good deal and savings with that

Not sure if im interested in buying Borderlands GOTY edition or not...

And think I’ll wait awhile before buying Borderlands 3 i think...

____
I’ve been throwing around the idea of buying the Skyrim Special Edition + Fallout 4 GOTY bundle though im not sure

Though Skyrim is on Switch, even on sale it’s slightly more expensive...

Granted i still haven’t gotten around to buying the DLC for Fallout New Vegas... still haven’t finished that game either - i have no idea where i am on that game,  either...

Maybe i should focus on finishing New Vegas before buying another Fallout game... the bundle would most likely end up going on sale again during the winter holiday sale...?

Still been interested in buying A Hat In Time... just not sure what platform to buy it on

Though Switch has the portability, looks like there’s a slight graphical downgrade - and pc has online co-op/multiplayer and some custom community made content... hm

May just go with the PC version for now - could always buy the Switch version later on.... Maybe?

Ugh... making decisions with games on sale is difficult

Especially when you don’t want to end up spending too much....

• Chrom locked and unpinned this topic