Hateno Village - N4A Chat Thread - November 2020

Chrom

Dinner turned our pretty good this evening 🙂

Especially the rolls - was somewhat nervous about them considering I wasn’t sure if i had the right temperature 3 times abd kept fiddling around with the water...
But they turned out pretty good - nice and buttery, too...

But i've been tired and was stuffed earlier

Quite nice to be able to get back into the kitchen again... it’s been a few years since I’ve been able to do so

Though im not completely done - have a few more things to do in the next few days....
3 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

There’s no PlayStation 5s and new XBOXs in any store this Black Friday. Microsoft and Sony did not handle their stocks very well this holiday season.

Yeah I know that. Happens every time. What are the retailers doing though? Big sales knowing they have no stock fulfill? Promising x amount in stock to get people in-store?

The PS5 launch is allegedly bigger than the PS4 launch; to be honest, there's just enough people who buy a playstation console day one that no amount of stock would realistically satiate the market, to say nothing about the fact it's a pandemic.

And personally, I'm not too bothered by PS5/XSX being out of stock. The launch libraries are underwhelming--which is true of almost every launch library--so I just don't see a reason besides FOMO to rush out and get a next gen console now. But given that they're sold out, that's mostly just me.

Yeah, part of me hates the fact I didn’t preorder one beforehand, and I should’ve seen this coming. I think I’m just complaining just to make myself feel better somehow and somehow reason that I should get a PS5. Maybe I’ve blown that out of proportion and I’m just petty. 

...But, online BOTs and scalpers are still a problem. This whole mess proves that there should be precautions against them in retailer sites. Why don’t they have reCAPTA or whatever? It would make buying them a lot more productive and we shouldn’t be in this mess at all. There are ways to prevent this. 

... Ugh, maybe venting it out on this site isn’t the most productive way of getting over this. It’s not like I can change what has happened or complain too much to Sony and Microsoft’s handling during this.  

Hopefully, THAT goes away by March. I have other games to defeat on other consoles anyways. I’ve been trying to tell myself it will work out by then.

I've scalped before, but never been a "digital scalper". Meaning, those people with bots, and scripts, and 24/7 access to lockdown one (or mulitple) preorders online and then scalp them on eBay. I'm talking getting up and waiting outside a store 3-6 hours early to get one (forgoing getting myself one as well) and selling it. Putting in a little effort.

There's a small independent game store here that "never gets next gens alotted to them on launch" but the owner's online handle mysteriously always has like 5-6 listed online for sale for twice the price on eBay and other marketplaces.