RIP Sean Connery

purple_beard

@Doc Brown

For anyone reading this thread and wanting to do those youtube videos Doc suggested here is the film chronology of the series:

James Bond - Wikipedia

Watching them in order is probably the best way but its not necessary.

In terms of overall story arc...

Only really Sean Connerys were in an order in which watching them in order helps when SPECTRE, SPECTRE associated agents, and Bond's run ins with each are discussed within the films.

Lazenby's movie was a one off, but its events do get discussed in later films.

Roger Moore's were not in any particular order for story arc's sake.

Dalton's two didn't really build off each other.

Brosnan's films restarted M and Moneypenny and kept their relationships current to just Brosnan's timeline so to speak.

The Craig series of films kind of started with Bond at the beginning and earning his 00.  They also started his relationships with M, Moneypenny, and Q over again, even though they kept the same actress as M from Brosnan's era.  They have also re-introduced the organization of SPECTRE back into the series, an organization not really gotten into since Connery's films.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Forgot to post earlier, but interesting development...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/22/hollywood-giant-mgm-puts-itself-up-for-sale-at-5bn

Btw, aside from youtube which seems to be missing the Daniel Craig films (last I had checked anyway), the free Pluto TV app has pretty much all the Bond movies.

I wonder if they have to wait till No Time To Die comes out....

Also kind of wanted to add that my BR box set of Bonds.... for at least most of the legacy films doesn't look that much better than my SE dvds.  And I have watched them on a 50" and a 32" so.... I don't feel like details are hiding from me.

Edited by purple_beard