Pokemon Sword Beta Leak?!? (Confirmed GF lied?!?)

I think this was leaked early this morning.

EDIT: This article on Polygon have better coverage of this and a Twitter thread of this in English. https://www.polygon.com/2020/10/22/21528532/pokemon-sword-shield-leak-beta-prototype-early-build-cut-monsters-nintendo-switch-game-freak-4chan

You can hear beta theme 2 the gym battle themes in the articles too.

Apparently this beta was made in 2018, so that explains the Let's GO! and S/M elements. As Ultra S/M came out the year prior and Let's GO! came out the same year.

Interesting.

Edited by DLurkster
2 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

My understanding is that the quality of these animations is super poor. It matches the story that direction changed and they adjusted the games accordingly. So it looks clear that in order to meet the strict release window, they cut a lot of Pokémon.

But we knew all this already didn’t we? This doesn’t seem like breaking news to me.

Yeah, it isn't new about the animations but I was believer that wasn't everything why SW/SH came out the way they did. That was a small part. Seeing all the above makes me a believer with all the borrowed assets that eventually turned to SW/SH.

Sorry, if that differs but it takes more than just similar animations to say that product is fraudulent in my eyes. That and you can see outside of crunch, it wasn't possible to put all those Pokemon in that game to be optimized properly so cut had to be made. To make sure a game runs fine, requires time. Yes, TPC have a timetable for releases, I don't know how they made the decision to cut Pokemon or the better question why they thought they could put in all those Pokemon. But ppl will just look at the surface of what was cut and not deeper into why this all occurred.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, DLurkster said:

Yeah, it isn't new about the animations but I was believer that wasn't everything why SW/SH came out the way they did. That was a small part. Seeing all the above makes me a believer with all the borrowed assets that eventually turned to SW/SH.

Sorry, if that differs but it takes more than just similar animations to say that product is fraudulent in my eyes. That and you can see outside of crunch, it wasn't possible to put all those Pokemon in that game to be optimized properly so cut had to be made. To make sure a game runs fine, requires time. Yes, TPC have a timetable for releases, I don't know how they made the decision to cut Pokemon or the better question why they thought they could put in all those Pokemon. But ppl will just look at the surface of what was cut and not deeper into why this all occurred.

I don’t think they “lied” so much as just told the story in a specific way. The findings are not as dramatic as some people want it to be IMO, but then this is such a hot topic for some people...