Fire Emblem NES coming to NA!

• Chrom featured this topic

This is such an exciting precedent. If they can do it to Fire Emblem 1, they can certainly do it for Genealogy and Binding Blade! 

This does present me with something of a dilemma. Maybe you guys can help me out. Shadow Dragon has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years, and remains the only localized classic-era Fire Emblem I've not played. Should I play that first or wait to play the NES original in a month and a half? 

10 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

This is such an exciting precedent. If they can do it to Fire Emblem 1, they can certainly do it for Genealogy and Binding Blade! 

This does present me with something of a dilemma. Maybe you guys can help me out. Shadow Dragon has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years, and remains the only localized classic-era Fire Emblem I've not played. Should I play that first or wait to play the NES original in a month and a half? 

I prefer the DS version overall but I would encourage trying the NES original first if you can, if only because that way you could appreciate Shadow Dragon a lot more if you see for yourself how they took the base game and fleshed it out a ton as a remake. This is what I did a long time ago and I definitely don't regret it.

• 1 month later...

FUCK!

This game comes out in a week, that's good and PO the game digitally on the eShop but a few weeks back I was fortunate to PO'd the special edition. I like the bonus stuff and said if I don't have struggle to get the PO and can get it MSRP, I'll go for it. Those criteria were met and I got it no problem. (I forget where I PO'd from)

Here's the issue, I thought with Nintendo no PO from eShop cancellation. I have a week to cancel, nope the payment went thru today and I cannot renig the PO. I could try to email Nintendo to cancel but I may have better luck being struck by lightning. It's $9 and some change if this was much more than that I'd be having a fit right now. It just stings I forgot to cancel in time. So when they say within a week to cancel they mean the day before it is a week. I understand that now.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:06 PM, DLurkster said:

FUCK!

This game comes out in a week, that's good and PO the game digitally on the eShop but a few weeks back I was fortunate to PO'd the special edition. I like the bonus stuff and said if I don't have struggle to get the PO and can get it MSRP, I'll go for it. Those criteria were met and I got it no problem. (I forget where I PO'd from)

Here's the issue, I thought with Nintendo no PO from eShop cancellation. I have a week to cancel, nope the payment went thru today and I cannot renig the PO. I could try to email Nintendo to cancel but I may have better luck being struck by lightning. It's $9 and some change if this was much more than that I'd be having a fit right now. It just stings I forgot to cancel in time. So when they say within a week to cancel they mean the day before it is a week. I understand that now.

Wanted to look up where I PO the special edition, on my search to find where I PO thru my email I discovered that it was thru Amazon.ca and it was cancelled the same day I wrote the above post. I missed that email that day, in it they said the accidentally sold me something that was no longer available so in compensation, they gave me $15 certificate that will go automatically to my next purchase on Amazon......

......Yeah, that's kinda great I suppose so now I am back where I was with just having digital version and I am fine with that.

Yesterday, I saw on reddit that Anniversary edition was up for PO at MSRP on EBGames.ca. I went ahead and got and since the game releases tomorrow, I seen where I was charged so I actually got this edition and now I am back where I thought I was with getting this special edition and I also have the digital again.

It's just $9 and change Canadian and It didn't take a arm and leg to get so, why not again.

Delivery said it would come yesterday but it came like an hour ago.

Here what is provided in some detail:

Spoiler

i26yW8T.jpg

Spoiler

Dzd6BIz.jpg

Spoiler

K68m7Lg.jpg

Spoiler

1079045043_Classystuff.thumb.jpg.ea4bbfee338efecb5ee1748ab4077fa6.jpg

EDIT: Figured this would happened, the code the came with collection won't work because even tho I deleted the digital game, my Switch recognize the game is already owned on the system.

If anyone wants the code of this game, PM me for it. It is just sitting here doing nothing.

Edited by DLurkster

Yeah it won't let you redeem something your account already owns so you'd have an extra copy if you get the game both ways. I'm actually in the same boat but I knew what I was getting into with buying it twice. I'm pretty sure unused codes won't work after the special date so I think I may give away my spare somehow after I get it, so it doesn't go to waste.

I have a really old original NES, the cartridge slot can't stay down but even so I do not have the AV cable or AC adapter, I think have the controllers....Anyways, I tried putting the crystal like cartridge of the first FE game from the anniversary collection and tho cartridge and the the ones it is modelled after is the same in dimensions, (I checked with NES games I still own) this anniversary one doesn't go all the way to the back for some reason.

I was curious to see if the exact dimensions can actually fit in the NES, I was prove wrong somehow.

Is it just me, or does the RNG for the Arena seem a bit fuckier than later games?

I've spent the past four commutes to and from work turn-rewinding at the Arena in Chapter 4, but in all that time, I've only managed to get Marth to level 20 and Caeda to level 18.

It keeps throwing Armor Knights, Cavaliers, and Pegasus Knights with such high Defense that they can't be damaged by the Iron Swords that they sell at the Armory, and the few times that I fight a Mage or Pirate that I can slowly wittle down, I either die to a crit, or this happens: